[N-RP] Lunar Festival 2023 | 5PM WrA Sat, Jan 28th | Moonglade

Sixth annual festival on WRA! Original event by Acrona of AD EU.

Who Anyone!
Where Moonglade
Time 5:00 PM WrA
Date Saturday, January 28th
What Social, Festival, Party, Shop

Check out our In-Game Community!
Anchors: Feyawen-WyrmrestAccord (Alliance) | Lovìattar-WyrmrestAccord (Horde) [ ì = Alt+0236]

Lunar Festival Champions 2023

:volleyball: Moonball Champion
:dumpling: Dumpling Gourmand
:scroll: Lunar Loremaster
:heart: Moon Dazzlers
Rico Delbringer
Snaxxarooni
Talanor Nightfeather
Corvin Devereaux & Novrec Devereaux

:volleyball: Moonball Winners :volleyball:
1. Rico Delbringer
2. Ozuwaun
3. Tanner Longshadow

Team Relay Victors: The Wolves
Yllandir Starscribe
Kona Kimu
Spellsparks

:scroll: Festival Historians :scroll:
1. Talanor Nightfeather
2. Marnie La Rose
3. Vilgamount Beausoleii

:heart: Promises of a New Moon Costume Contest :heart:
1. Corvin Devereaux & Novrec Devereaux
2. Altaylia & Aerenix

The Lunar Festival is a time of celebration, hosted by the Cenarion Circle. The peoples of Azeroth celebrate their triumph of many thousands of years ago, when an alliance of good races - the kaldorei, shu’halo, furbolgs, and earthen - defeated the terrible threat of the Burning Legion. It has been a time of remembrance for the valor and wisdom of that ancient age.

Moonglade is the most notable area of celebration, there festivities have been arranged to delight citizens and invigorate adventurers. The event welcomes all races and allies in good terms with the Cenarion Circle, or the people of Nighthaven. Revelers are encouraged to dress festively and in vibrant colors.

Details

On Saturday, January 28th beginning at 5pm ST members of the WRA RP community will be hosting a casual role-play night in Moonglade for walk-up RP and to enjoy some scheduled festival events! On this night, we invite our friends in the Alliance, Horde, and Neutral organizations to join us to celebrate the Lunar Festival with the Cenarion Circle!

How it Works

• Casual roleplay in Moonglade begins at 5pm ST after the Tale of Omen Opening Ceremony.
  • Wear formal or casual attire in keeping with the festival theme!
  • Spectate or join in some of the festival events by the hosts!

How can I get involved?

Come and have a good time! Meet new people, visit the festival booths, play some of the festival games, or create your own entertainment for others to enjoy too!

• Vendors and other stalls are welcome to set up at your leisure!
  • Bards, poets and others with the skill of entertaining are welcome to use the Tale of Omen stage for performing at their leisure after the opening performance is complete!
  • Try walking up to roleplay with at least one new player during the festival!

Festival Events & Booths

:sparkles: :izakaya_lantern: :sparkles:

The festival celebrations begin with the brief tale reminiscing the past. A druid of the Cenarion Circle tells the tale of Omen and the demigod’s role during the War of the Ancients more than 10,000 years ago.

The production this year is being expanded on to include more roles played by various members of the community.

Nighthaven’s annual dumpling eating contest is held in conjunction with the Lunar Festival to celebrate the many different styles and flavors of dumplings from around Azeroth. This year, the Quilen & Cloud Teahouse will be joined by the Red Wing. We’re excited for the Pandaren-fusion flavors that Kunbo, Ingheti, and Ming have prepared for us!

Throughout the event, the Teahouse will host a few eating contests for festivalgoers to enjoy!

- Eating Contest Rules This is a festival eating contest that challenges the participants' endurance and tenacity. The one who can consume the most in the allotted time wins!

OOC: In this simple /roll game, participants /roll 5 to determine how many dumplings they can eat per round. Take the challenge any time during the Festival. One challenge per participant. Each contestant eats dumplings for a total of 5 rounds during one visit to the stall. The participant who was able to consume the most dumplings by the end of the Festival wins!

Prizes:
1st Place - First choice of one of three elemental spirits of Pandaria
2nd Place - Second choice of one of three elemental spirits of Pandaria
3rd Place - Elemental spirit of Pandaria

Throughout the festival, festive-goers can stop at the photo booth, manned by one host with a Gnomish Snap-O-Graph device (OOCly, they take screenshots). Individuals, couples and groups are encouraged to join in and have their photograph taken.

S.E.L.F.I.E cameras will also be available for visitors to pick up at this booth, to use throughout the evening to remember their experiences at the festival. (OOCly, using the S.E.L.F.I.E toy is highly encouraged throughout the event).

Throughout the evening those visiting the photo booth can enter for the costume competition for Promises of a New Moon. Create a mog which represents hopes and promises of a new year!

Costume Contest Rules

In this contest, individuals dress up in custom-themed costumes. Pets are allowed to enhance your costumes. Toys that do not transform are allowed, for example Pepe or the harp would be allowed but not any toy that transforms your actual transmog - Orb of the Sindorei is allowed but not Mr. Smite etc.

Prizes:
1st Place - Moon Dazzler IC Title | 20k Gold | Fae Revel Masque
2nd Place - 10k Gold | Pink Party Hat
3rd Place - A stack of Enchanted Dust | 5k Gold

Revelers are offered the opportunity to ride the beasts of Moonglade. Together there are three types, or teams: the noble sabers, the cunning wolves, and the reliable bears. Speed won’t be everything in this competition - timing and sportsmanship are also essential.

Those interested in participating are highly encouraged to reply to this thread to sign up, please be sure to indicate your character’s in-game name and the team you wish to participate on.

Rules

Three teams of three racers mount up on team-specific mounts for ease of tracking. Racing flags are placed at checkpoints along the racing track and druid scouts will fly overhead to ensure none are cheating. Points and penalties will be awarded to teams based on sportsmanship throughout the race.

OOC: No speed-enhancing talents, items, or buffs will be permitted. Classes with passive speed bonuses will be divided accordingly to keep the game fair. Those who wish to participate are asked to ensure they have purchased one of the following mounts: a saber, a worg, a wolf, or a bear.

Prizes:
All participants will receive one pet matching their beast!
1st Place - A Glass of Cold Milk Each | 20k Gold Each

Test your wits and knowledge! At this trivia history contest, participants are asked a question and the quickest to answer is awarded points. But be careful, for each new question becomes more difficult than the last! The one with the most points wins the quiz.

Rules

This is a lore trivia game, and the quickest person to correctly answer each question is awarded points.

OOC: Easy questions award 1 point while more difficult questions award more points. This is entirely IC, and questions will be devised based on information that is historical knowledge that could easily be obtained by characters who aren’t afraid to pick up a book now and again.

1st Place - Annual title: Lunar Festival Historian | Azure Windseeker Pet | 10k Gold
2nd Place - Enchanted Pen
3rd Place - Scepter of Spectacle: Frost

A simple game in which players hurl balls at the opponent inside a marked area. The big balls used in the game have been coated with Moonglow, which makes them shimmer upon touch and fleetingly dazzle the opponent if hit in the face.

Rules

If a player is hit three times, they fall out of the competition. The last person standing wins the round.

OOC: This is a Dazzling Rod game made to fit the festival theme in-character. Imagine the arcane blasts to be physical, purple moonglow-coated balls! Please make sure you have the Dazzling Rod toy prior to game start, otherwise you won’t be able to participate! For helpful links about obtaining the toy, see below prize label.

1st: Annual title: Moonball Champion | Comet | 20k Gold
2nd: Stoneclaw | 10K Gold
3rd: Heavy Leather Ball | 5K Gold

Video Guide to Obtain the Toy

All revelers are invited to join a dragon parade leading out of the Moonglade Festival Grounds to the city of Nighthaven. The parade ends with a fireworks display over Lake Elune’ara, viewed from the Cenarion Lodge.

This is a literal dragon costume parade! Festive-goers are strongly encouraged to have their dragon costumes (in any color) ready, which can be obtained from Lunar Festival vendor Fariel Starsong in Moonglade during the Lunar Festival holiday!

16 Likes

I’m Kahleem the Fabulous, and this is my favorite Lunar Festival event in the realm.

6 Likes

The whole Kettleclaw clan is busy working on some special dumpling fillings for the Festival. Even baby Shisu is helping.

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Festival Map
I added a Festival Map that has all the activities and their timestamps!

Mog Contest Update!

Also, I posted a theme for the mog contest this year: Promises of a New Moon! Create a mog which focuses on your character’s hopes and dreams for the new year! Or, create one themed off the new moon itself! Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

2 Likes

Boosting this!

1 Like

Hey guys! Some updates for you!

:information_source: In-Game Community :information_source:
We’re hijacking Helping Hands’ in-game community! Anyone is welcome to join it for anchoring purposes, communications, or questions! Just click this link!

:sparkles: Don’t Forget! Moonball Preparation! :sparkles:
Don’t forget! If you want to play in the Moonball game, you’ll need to do a little bit of preparation! You’ll need to acquire the Dazzling Rod toy from Tanaan Jungle on Draenor! It doesn’t take long to get. Just fly out to a building and loot a treasure chest. Here’s a video guide on how to obtain it!

:wolf: Play Rehersal! :wolf:
Our crew of volunteers telling the tragic tale of Omen have begun rehearsal! They did a fantastic job! Be sure to check them out! They’ll be kicking off the Festival at 5PM WrA!

5 Likes

This year, we’re excited to announce another event! This one hosted the day after the big festival!

Join us for…

Who Anyone!
Where Moonglade
Time 5:00 PM WrA
Date Sunday, January 29th
What RP through Omen's Demise

In accordance to the Lunar Festival happening on Saturday, Janurary 28th, a group of able-bodied volunteers will be meeting to help face off and defeat Omen in his yearly rising. If left untended, he will wreak havoc in Kalimdor's wake, and won't stop until all has felled before him.

Join us as we do what we must. Andu-falah-dor.

All combat details will be shared at the gathering; any OOC inquiries can be directed to Jiroki-WyrmrestAccord. Join our In-Game Community for cross faction grouping!

5 Likes

i’ve been so excited for this that i thought it was tonight xD

3 Likes

Had an absolute blast last year! Looking forward to this again!

2 Likes

Tonight!

Saturday, January 28th, we celebrate the Lunar Festival in sunnyMoonglade! Be there at 5:00 PM WrA sharp to see our opening ceremony: a play telling the tale of Omen’s tragic fall. And, to participate in all of our activities throughout the night, you may want to do a little bit of preparation!

:trophy: Prizes Have Been Announced! :trophy:
We have nearly 190,000g worth of prizes for our various contests and games - from raw gold to pets to transmogs, there’s plenty for those who want to show their competitive side! Check out each activity for more information!

:sparkler: Get the Dazzling Rod Toy from Tanaan Jungle! :sparkler:
If you don’t have this, you cannot participate in Moonball! It takes about five-ten minutes to get! You simply need to fly out to a tower in Tanaan Jungle and loot an item in the open world! Here’s a guide on how to obtain it!

:dragon: Get a dragon costume toy from Fariel Starsong! :dragon:
Our send-off starts with the annual Dragon Parade! Anyone can join, but to be a part of the dragon, you’ll need a costume toy! They just require a few coins of ancestry (10 for a midsection!), so pick a few up beforehand! The vendor can be found in Nighthaven, on the platform on the east side of town!

:sari: Get your Mog Ready: Promises of a New Moon! :sari:
For those of you who want to participate, we’ll have a mog contest! The theme iis Promises of a New Moon! Embody hope, dreams, and a promising future! Or, be the Night Warrior, and show off how dark and brooding your armor is! Whichever you want!

:busts_in_silhouette: Join the In-Game Community! :busts_in_silhouette:
If you need anchoring, this will make it easy! We’re hijacking Helping Hands’ In-Game Community! You’re welcome to leave after! For those who need an anchor, but don’t want to join the community, feel free to whisper Feyawen-WyrmrestAccord (Alliance) or Lovìattar-WyrmrestAccord (Horde) ( ì = [Alt]+0236 )!

:speech_balloon: A Tale from the Past! :speech_balloon:
Kunbo, one of our Dumpling Stall Hosts, sent a story from Festivals past that he wanted to share. I think it would be good to wrap this post up with that little tale!

Photo Credit: Nazgorak

When the purple tentacles invaded the Vale we decided to move the teahouse for both IC & OOC reasons. For about a month while I scouted locations we used the old black market across from Tavern in the Mist. This screenshot is from the teahouse week or so before the Festival. They got curious about this celebration because Kunbo was having them taste test dumplings. Some of the characters there had never been outside Pandaria. So Kunbo spent quite a while explaining about the various events. If you look close you’ll see one of the gnomes was helping by demonstrating the dragon dance. At the moment the screenshot was taken they were (ic) stuck and trying to get out of the dragon without tearing the silk skin.

Can’t wait to see everyone there! Happy Lunar Festival!

5 Likes

^ photo credit: Nazgorak

Here’s our menu for the Festival. The contest will use a mixed platter - five of each of the five kinds of dumplings.

2 Likes

Updated the post with our anchors for any off-realm guests (turns out, I only dreamed I listed them earlier)! You’re free to use the in-game community, but those who do not wish to join may instead whisper Feyawen-WyrmrestAccord (Alliance) or Lovìattar-WyrmrestAccord (Horde) ( ì is [Alt] + 0236 ).

Can’t wait for tonight!

1 Like

Once more, the Lunar Festival ignites a new year! New hopes and dreams to realize and explore! We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us this year! Our original post has been updated with all the winners for our various contest! Well-played to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the victors!

Of course, I cannot give enough thanks to the team that made this possible! Lots of folks worked really hard!

Tale of Omen Crew
Lead Coordinator: Jiroki Glaivefall
Crew: Kon, Helsong, Tizi, Kou, Jiroki, Talthorn, Zext, Lyastei, and Marnie

Activity Hosts

Relay Race: Loviattar
Trivia: Vaelois
Dumplings: Kunbo, Ingheti, Ming
Photo Booth: Ashley

Fireworks Show

Lead Coordinator: Marnie La Rose
Crew: The Theater of Curiosities
Wolf Gang: Ferlash Nightshade, Westrias (Duncath)
If you played a wolf and want you name listed, please let me know!

Though lots of folks worked really hard to make this year happen, I want to give special thanks to Jiroki. Many of our other hosts are simple, dice-monkey, combat DMs. Parties and festivals are not our strong suit, so Jiroki did a lot of heavy lifting with her knowledge of shows and contacts within those circles.

Marnie and her Theater of Curiosities stole the show with their amazing fireworks display! Absolute incredible, thanks for coming to perform for us!

Lastly, I also want to give a big, big thanks to Feyawen and her officers in the Silver Circle! They’ve hosted this festival for years, and we absolutely couldn’t have done it without their help, guidance, and resources. We were standing on the shoulders of giants to pull this off, and we appreciate you guys for your years of hard work!

With that, I leave you with this year’s recap of the festival!

Photo Booth Mog Contest - Promises of a New Year!

Photo Booth Imgur Album!

Want to see more? Check these out!
Candid Photos from Ashley and Feyawen
Calnos’s Lunar Festival Album

These three videos were made by the wonderful Konietzko!

Thank you everyone who came, and an even bigger thanks to everyone who made this year happen! May good fortune and prosperity follow you throughout the new year!

9 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! it was so awesome!

3 Likes

I also took screenshots of the Omen event hosted by Jiroki for those interested. Behold!

https://imgur.com/a/AzGLjYr

7 Likes

Thank you so much Calnos, you’re such a dear!

I was so honored and happy to be able to host an Omen event to follow up the Lunar Festival, and it was a blast! I hope this is something I can do for next year too!

2 Likes