[N-RP Event] Love Hurts Performance Showcase

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

:broken_heart: Love Hurts Performance Showcase :broken_heart:

When: Friday February 19th @ 7:00 PM Server

Where: Lunastre Estate, Suramar ( 41, 78 )

What: A Love is in the Air themed performance showcase exploring trials and tribulations in the realm of romance. Come visit us for a night of healing, camaraderie, and like-minded company. Couples welcome! Hosted on Moon Guard. This is a neutral event.

https://tinyurl.com/lovehurts-flyer

💌 Event Description

Tis the season for all things saccharine and sweet! Love is in the Air and it's evident in every card, box of chocolates, and cloud of choking perfume. But every rose has its thorns, and the two dashing hosts of Azeroth's latest performance showcase have opted to shine the spotlight on losses in love and how even the purest of intentions can end in heartbreak. This is a catered show focusing on performance roleplay!

During Love Hurts we encourage artisans and civilians alike from all over Azeroth to open their hearts to our audience for a night of healing. Is your tale one that invites lamentations of loneliness … or is love a burning fire whose sickly sting you can’t get enough of?

📅 Schedule

This event formally begins at 7:00 PM server. We will be offering food before the show begins at 7:30. Offerings are provided buffet-style with an accompanying in-character menu and we encourage mingling before settling in!

After the last of the performances conclude you are welcome to mingle amongst one another for a night of like-minded company and healing through self-expression.

🍿 Who can perform?

Anyone! Got a story you want to share? A song that conveys the depth of your emotions? A dance that mimics the all-consuming nature of passionate love? We want to see it! The theme for this event is Love Hurts, and we encourage you to share what that means for you, whether it be the loss of a partner or the complications in even the most loving of relationships.

Anyone is welcome to sign up to perform on-stage, but we ask that everyone keep their performances appropriate for a public roleplay setting. We will screen all performers beforehand to ensure topics are kept on-theme.

Performance Application: https://tinyurl.com/lovehurts-app

🎡 Activities

:plate_with_cutlery: Buffet: Hungry? We will be offering a dinner menu for you to peruse before the show! As we want the attention to be focused on the performers first and foremost, it will be buffet style, where food is served by our caterers before the event and eaten during the course of the show.

:performing_arts: Performances: The meat and potatoes of this event! This event is nothing without its performers. We encourage everyone to find their voice and share their thoughts on the less idealized side of love. Whether through song, dance, poetry, or something completely unique, show us how love hurts!

We are potentially looking into holding a raffle as well! Information forthcoming.

💬 Contact

Event Coordinators: Fizridge ( Moon Guard ) & Swatish ( Wyrmrest Accord )

Discord: Frostflinger#4299

Darkmoon Events: https://discord.gg/j5v7JND

We hope to see you there!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
6 Likes

Love is Wonderous, and Love is Tragic. I think this is a beautiful idea!

2 Likes

A thoughtful and unique event, one im excited for!

1 Like

Thank you folks so much for the words of confidence! I’m so excited to put on our first performance showcase and couldn’t possibly be more stoked to see what our performers have in store.

That being said: If any of you wanted to perform, the time to sign up is NOW! We’ve got some rapidly dwindling spots and only a few more left before we cap the form.

I’m also elated to announce that we’ve teamed up with a new caterer to offer you guys an open cocktail bar before and during the performance! Information and menu forthcoming — it’s to be a collaborative effort between myself and the caterer with art assets by yours truly. Details to be modified when the time comes: I love this idea a lot better than the open buffet! Classy and collaborative :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bump for the greatest Fair guild on the server <3

Darkmoon’s Finest pours heart, creativity, wonder, and excitement into everything I have seen them do!

This is a very very cool idea!

I wrote a poem
it may be kinda sad
Some people may not get it
Some just might get mad

But if you do not like it
just sigh and say “Oh well”
but if you are a jerk about it
You can go to. . . the Inn for a few drinks and meet up with some friends because maybe you are just having a bad day too and need a little kindness and love in your life and know that I do not blame you for being a jerk, that I only wish you the best and to find all the happiness you can in this world! XOXO

This is gonna be so much fun, and it’s so soon too! I hope everyone comes and enjoys!

I will be there! Well, my mage Torvia will - but I am definitely going to participate! Looking forward to it :hearts:

1 Like

Epic fun! Bumpie bump!

This looks like it’ll be a lot of fun!

Titans Observe an evening of open honesty with warm welcome ~

TONIGHT! We’ll be kicking this event promptly at 7:00 PM server with an open cocktail bar ran by the lovely Layla Bexley of Merry Mermaid! Performances to begin 30 minutes thereafter. We’ve got a full lineup of crazy-passionate performers and we can’t wait to see you all there!

1 Like