Mythic+, raider io needs to GO!

I agree that M+ pugs are toxic, but to be honest, I have found all of them (except, oddly, for LFR in general) to be that way.

Raider IO is NOT the cause of the toxicity. It simply isn’t. If they somehow disabled any and all of the functions that Raider IO gives and if they removed item level and all other discernible methods of auditioning people before pulling them into groups for M+, you would still find horrific levels of unkindness and aggression and cold cruelty in those pugs.

The addon isn’t the cause. The timer isn’t the cause. Mean people are the cause.

Edited to add: And to be fair, you meet as many normal, nice, helpful people in pugs as the other kind, but the prevalence of the mean ones is the reason I don’t pug. Raider io is actually super useful and needs to be integrated into the base UI, imo.

3 Likes

Oh, you’re back! Haven’t seen you post in a while.

Pugging would be way, way worse without a way to vet group members.

Also

You do realize how easy it would be to abuse that, right?

1 Like

Good , don’t pug then

Might want to bring it up with the owners of the Raider IO site and the makers of the app. They are the only ones that can change it.

1 Like

I definitely sympathize. You’re right, people with behavior problems make LFG difficult to use well.

Here’s a trick that I’ve learned. Just list the group as something like “SoA +7, kind people only” or even “SoA +7, eager to learn with you”. The people you want to avoid will see that, decide you are an idiot, and avoid you like the plague. It will take longer to fill the group, but so far I haven’t had a single negative experience in an M+ group where I’ve done this.

People say “chill” a lot to mean this, but unfortunately, jerks apparently like to think of themselves as “chill”, too, and will sign up for those groups. You have to bring out a bigger hammer to convince them to shun you!

4 Likes

:cold_face: :hot_face: :confounded: :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

No. Just get good.

2 Likes

Wait your telling the people who are so socially removed from reality that they don’t have guilds and friends to do content with as nobody wants to play with them when randomly grouped together are toxic? Who would have guessed :upside_down_face:

Well that’s easily solved with no changes to the game needed.

guess what addon is used to pair up people who are serious about being good at the game and not just being toxic trolls in low end keys, ill give you a hint you even mentioned it in your own title

Like gearscore, it needs to be integrated with the game.

No.

/10char

1 Like

I know you’re just a troll

so don’t do it.

That’s funny, because I have an extensive friends list of awesome people I’ve met through m+ pugs.

like what, force people to be nice to Dozer?

A penalty for what? you being unable to put someone on ignore?

put him on ignore

look at that. you already have the tools to solve your problem.

yes, players need to have the maturity to use the tools available to them to handle people they don’t like.

1 Like

they take their playerbase and throw them in the same LFG pool.

you have people who are just awful in the same pool as people who are good. people who just want to time it and people who want to take their time and don’t care how long it takes. people who have no idea how to use their utilty and people who expect others to kick. People who can be caustic and people who are so sensitive they get their feelings hurt if someone tells them they look nice today.

et.c.

take all those people, put them in the same pool and … it’s a surprise when there is sometimes problems?

nah

the real issue is people who DO have problems, yet fail to take any responsibility for them. “I hate pugs they are so mean” but keep hitting that queue button, rather than find friends.

Yeah, what could possible go wrong with that? Imagine some trolls that can not just kick you but also ban for 24 hours?

Don’t like it, don’t do it.

Yes! Native PVE ratings please! People would lose their minds when they couldn’t blame a 3rd party for them getting declined

Its crazy too considering how much Dozer participates in something he apparently hates.

Oh well, just a generic Dozer m+ thread.

1 Like

You know that a reporting system like that would allow people to pug out spots in their keys and hold those pugs ransom right?

This is the actual problem with pugs and it’s never going away. People want to play with people that have done the content successfully already. This makes it very hard to climb and prove yourself in pug land. Call it IO, gearscore, linking achievements. It doesn’t matter.

This is not going away. If you are going to pug you need to accept that you need to put in a lot of work and effort, make friends as you go, and you can’t expect to be invited to content that is much above your already proven skill level.

Wellp. Nobody from Ragnaros, Azralon, Gallywix, or Quel’thalas is joining my group in numbers more than 0, since they tend to be tight-knit communities in this case.

Heck, I quit and I know how bad that’d be.