Mythic+ punish the leaver

I’ve had a siege 10 that I timed with 5 seconds to spare, 200 dps would’ve made all the difference in that case.

3 Likes

Not enchanting/gemming can also indicate a lack of overall care about your character.

Sure the gem/enchant itself may not make much of a difference. But a player who doesn’t bother with that very simple step to improve themselves is likely not looking up guides/tips to play better, or simming, or anything else to improve their performance.

Does enchanting/gemming mean they do that? No.

But it at least shows they’ve put in some effort.

4 Likes

Sure, but how often is that actually the case? And likely there are other factors that caused you to be so close to the key.

I mean I get it I enchant my stuff as well, I am just saying a ban seems a bit much.

if you’re lazy in doing the easy things, then you will surely be lazy in doing the hard things, ie. actually doing the dungeon properly

and the 2 week comment was a joke about all the threads like these popping up from people who wants M+ blanket leaver punishments, the same people who play like garbage, refuse to learn and don’t enchant their gear

2 Likes

Generally I will stay for a bad group. However I admit to times leaving early in a high key. This is normally done when people are dubious at the trash mechanics already and then mess up the first boss. We are at the stage where for higher keys you should know all the mechanics for trash and the boss. If you don’t go do a low key and learn it first before wasting my time.

4 Likes

There really should be some sort of punishment for people who ruin M+ but unfortunately there never will be. Also a lot of people will defend the horrible practice of just dropping out of a Mythic+ because they don’t wan’t to “waste their own time”.

A lot of people in this community have a very selfish mindset. It doesn’t mix well with the system of Mythic+.

Yeah this is the worst kind of behavior and mindset. But at least you’re an Ally player so I don’t have to play with you.

The worst kind of behaviour is walking into a high key not knowing mechanics. Your expecting to be carried. I’m not talking human error where someone just mucks up a mechanic.

Now sometimes for whatever reason I will run a lower dungeon or a low M+ those I don’t leave and will explain mechanics where needed.

6 Likes

Why does everyone jump to making content they don’t like irrelevant to them?

I mean, more people do world quests than raid, why don’t we just remove raid gear stats and make it cosmetic only, and you get all your stats from making sure turtles make it to the water or playing candy crush.

Personally, I love the fact that there is challenging 5 man content. Mega dungeons are a nice addition, too, for those who have a lot of time but don’t do the guild thing.

Mythic+ fills that sweet spot of quick, repeatable, and difficult content, and the rewards are justified by the difficulty.

1 Like

Had bad experience with this recently. My guild had 4 people and recruited a dps for a Motherlode 12. After 2 trash wipes from botched pulls the dps left. Ok whatever it happens. We lowered the key to an 11 and got a replacement. We wiped once to a void emissary and the dps immediately left. At this point my group is just pissed off and calls it quits cause pugs can’t be trusted to stay for anything outside of a perfect run.

Like seriously they think a misstep here or there means you for certain won’t time the key. Which is untrue, but less frustrating than them thinking it wasn’t worth their time and ruining the key. Right before this we got a +2 in an Underrot 11 and we just needed to replace a single dps guild member that had to go.

Later me and a guildie joined a +10 Waycrest group. They were SO concerned that we would leave that they emphasized numerously that they weren’t interested in timing the key and just wanted to compete it - so they wanted to feel out if we would stay regardless. We assured them that were with them through and through. The run went rather smoothly and we got a +1, which would have been a +2 if one of the dps wasn’t doing 10k and if my guildie (the tank) didn’t accidently exceed the necessary amount of trash for percent.

We found the whole thing kind of cute and were determined to stick it out even if it was horrible. They almost certainly just wanted credit for the weekly chest and I have to assume they’ve had a lot of bad experiences with jerk wads that shamelessly bail out when a group isn’t up to their high standards. So yeah, I trust M+ puggers as far as I can reach through the virtual reality of my screen and throw them. I tend to never bail on a group unless absolutely necessary, and then I’ll explain quickly why before exiting. I sat through a Siege PuG that went 43 minutes over if that shows my dedication.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. It’s still a terrible thing to do. The least you could do is own up to it.

If you drop out of a high key at the first or second complication, you are ruining the high key for the host, and wasting everyone else’s time.

You are incredibly selfish for doing this and you clearly need to do some serious mental gymnastics to think otherwise.

1 Like

Please. I’m not obliged to you to complete a run if it’s not gonna work out. I have better things to do with my time then waste it on people who fail mechanics or aren’t going to time the key. You can spin it however you want, but I’m under no obligation to finish any key if it’s not worth my time.

But then again, I would expect this sort of carebear attitude from a casual who isn’t even pushing 10s.

3 Likes

There are times when I don’t blame players for leaving, I have left a few runs myself. As a tank I have been in some awful runs and met some terrible people, I particularly have a low tolerance for rude players who want perfect runs. If someone starts micro-managing my positioning or is being a jerk I will contemplate leaving. If the run is going badly but the players are nice I’ll stick around.

^ this.

2 or more wipes before/during first boss = leave. Its a great metric

Getting kicked and declined consistently is punishment for me. I find it a bit too harsh.

Is getting fired from a job because you messed up a punishment for you too?

I can help teach you to heal if you like. You’ll get 1000 times more in invites…

1 Like

Fairly sure the ban part is just there to show how idiotic the OP’s message is.

Who are the good players who arent pushing right now?

Ive noticed more people leaving after one wipe or two wipes than they did a year ago, glad the problem is getting worse… I guess eventually people got upset about leavers so they leave others keys.