Mythic+ punish the leaver

I ran into this 3 times in a row
the first time I did not tank the way the healer wanted me to pull and I am a DK so controlling an add in atal is key, refused to heal then left
tried atal again this time I tanked rezan against the outcrops and was yelled at for not tanking it in the middle of the outcrops on a wipe so I did that and still a wipe because people didn’t know the strat I guess and wipe again and dps left
then I try my hand at a shrine all goes well till 2nd boss I admit I failed and fell into water upon reset we do it again and wipe because stacks get to high, we all run back save for the lowest dps, he demands a rez we tell him it is a quick run back he leaves

What I am asking is punish people who screw 4 ppl over because they are toxic af right now

1 Like

well the main problem is you have a bunch of 1K io noobs from last season thinking they can do +10 this season :joy:

1 Like

I think the game should start giving a 2 week M+ ban for not enchanting your gear

Had a 1.5k score huntard in my group tonight who had 440 rings with no enchants

6 Likes

Mythic+ is a blight on the game for many. There are others who genuinely enjoy it, and I can’t deny that. I think if you ask most people though, they prefer the old way of doing dungeons. At the very least, the timer could be removed, and then have a separate Challenge Mode type that has a timer, through which you can receive cosmetic rewards.

That way, people who enjoy the speedrunning aspect of M+ can still engage in this, albeit without receiving gear from it. But does anyone really want to grind M+ constantly, doing the same dungeon over and over? Beating a timer is fun, until it turns into this toxic aspect of the system that pushes everyone away, and forces players to be extremely picky as to whom they invite.

I don’t think anyone can argue that’s a good thing for the community, and the community is the lifeblood of WoW. Slowly but surely, people are definitely getting tired of Mythic+. I personally think its Blizzard’s way of keeping us subscribed for longer, since it is an endless grind after all. I really don’t think that’s a tin foil hat perspective, but actually a business perspective.

2 Likes

Another one of these thread, sigh. I guess new season = new batch of idiots.

6 Likes

It sounds like you were doing an awful lot of not very good things very early into the dungeon. I’d suggest looking at some videos and trying to understand why bosses get tanked where they do so you can help your future groups more.

7 Likes

I have tanked quite a few M+ dungeons, sounds to me like you might be unsure about positioning. My advice is to do low keys as DPS and watch what the tanks do, that really helped me.

3 Likes

Like tanks who don’t know what they’re doing before they do a keyed run?

The first part of your post sounds like you want to punish people who are tired of playing with someone who is failing, but this last sentence sounds like you want people like yourself punished.

3 Likes

Ran 9 mythics yesterday, 1 leaver (don’t know why, bounced seconds before a boss pull). Everyone key completed on time except that one.

Nothing can really be done about this without unfairly locking people in to fail runs (and by fail I mean 3 wipes on the first boss). That’s my threshold, if you aren’t guild, I’m not going to suffer long.

What are your thoughts on enchanting gear that will be replaced soon?

That you Sackless?

What you see happening right now are people that aren’t good at M+ looking to push their early score before the good players really begin pushing. People that barely could hit 1K io last season or were in that 800-1300 range are generally not very good players. Those are the ones pushing now.

This will sort itself out quickly as they will soon have no one to play with except themselves and they will lose interest and stop ruining other people’s keys.

That all being said, I’m not in favor of punishing players that won’t carry your group. I’m not going to stay in a group that can’t do mechanics and wipes regularly. It simply isn’t worth my time.

1 Like

The basic (+27/30) ring enchants are worth pennies, should be under 100g each on literally any realm

As for weapons even lower quality weapons are not replaced that often, including this patch, because weapon emissaries are rare and there are no benthic/mechagon weapons, so again fork over ~ 1k for a weapon enchant and stop being lazy

If you are lazy in literally the most basic aspects of gear optimization (not even considering here having the ideal secondaries for your spec) then as a group leader I can only assume you will be just as lazy with actually challenging things like proper offensive and defensive execution of the dungeon

You got the item recently and you haven’t enchanted it yet ? Then you aren’t coming to my group until you do, the same thing applies to gear with sockets and I better not see you putting green gems in there when blue (rare) gems are less than 10g each

1 Like

Crossbless back to eviscerating people in these types of threads makes my day :joy::popcorn::wave:.

Did a TD + 9 on my prot pally last night with a 1.5k (season 2) score rogue

The officers after second boss that put up their non-interruptable ‘riot shield’ giving them 75% DR for 8-10 sec, I kept using my HOJ on cooldown to prevent it.

While we’re fighting these guys the rogue fighting beside me has used zero cheap shots, zero kidney shots, zero blinds, zero gouges or anything else that can stop non-interruptable casts from trash packs, a rogue himself can literally full time lockdown ANY casting trash mob (or maybe even two) by himself by using his full toolkit, but nope literally nothing even after I told him “use your damn spellbook and stop these casts”

Near the end we had to return and finish off some extra trash by killing some packs with multiple firecasters, again the party is getting murdered there with me stopping everything I can as a prot pally while the rogue is fighting there “sorry dude my interrupt is on cooldown”

The 1.5k resto druid healing me also apparently could not find his typhoon button to knockback these mobs, since the vast majority of trash mobs can be knocked back and it almost always stops non-interruptable casts

Can I get a 2 week M+ ban on each of these geniuses please ? How about they can never run another M+ dungeon until they practice using their full spellbook in a suitable proving grounds fight for 1 hour every day for 2 weeks ?

2 Likes

Lmao. I always assumed people were like me. Yestersay i got a ring with 5 ilvl upgrade. It was enchanted 2 mins later. Im obssessed with being up to date on enchants andgems for some reason. Now im building a group where i can push io score this season. Used to be 1500 to 2k in legion and recently got back into m+ planning to go all out this season.

Not even 1k io and i can do a 15 ama.

23 minutes over? NOT BAD

Yes.

Swapped mains for more utility.

I mean I sort of get it I guess, but is the 2-300 dps really going to make that big of a difference on your key?