Mythic Plus Leavers

There needs to be a system in place where a persons key does get lowered because a tank with an extremely heightened sense of self importance leaves because people make some small mistakes.

9 Likes

All the proposed solutions I’ve seen are trash and easily abused.

The best and most reliable method is still grouping with people you know (guilds, communities, discords, friends)

Also, like anything competitive; mixing people with others of varying experience can lead to fights. Especially because what the 1500 guy sees as minor mistakes could be major OR they are minor, but he doesn’t know he’s made 10 major mistakes beforehand.

I know I could probably work my way up to 20s if I cared; however the people currently running 20s would be able to give me a big ol list of things I do wrong. I bet the people doing 25s could probably give a smaller list of what the people running 20s do wrong as well.

21 Likes

Doubtful, any real mistake will end the run in a 20. From 20-25 is just numbers. Getting hit by basically anything you shouldn’t in a 20 will one shot you, doesn’t matter if it one shots you even more in a 25.

3 Likes

Maybe solvable if there were more incentive to stay, like say 3 mounts with very low drop rates, plus some kind of currency with no cap, and for something like a mount or rare armor or something–and that takes loads of it to buy–or something like they had with the azerite neckpiece system where you can theoretically continue to level the item to infinity.

There just needs to be some real incentive or people will continue to leave. At least they did add a currency, but the weekly cap and level cap on the armor of 246 means the incentive is only so good so long.

Possibly true, as I haven’t reached 20s and up I’ll take your word for it.

However, I was trying to relate this more to keys but I have seen this scenario as I described in games like starcraft or overwatch.

I particularly enjoy a sc2 streamers YouTube content “is it imba or do I suck?” by Harstem, where less skilled players send in their games of them making hundreds of mistakes but they describe it as “I played perfectly but lost because this unit is imba”
Spolier, it’s never imba.

Too many ways the system can be abused or mistakingly punish someone. I once in a M+ got stuck into a permanent DC until they eventually kicked me and I was able to reenter and find them before 1min was up and rejoin thankfully, thought it cost us the run.

And why would you want to force people to stay in a dead run or a run with a carry who didn’t announce themselves as so? I don’t want to sit 1 hour carrying someone, I want to do the M+ under the req time and be out.

mounts is a terrible idea. Imagine sitting in there for 30 mins a run for a tiny % chance at them. And what if you got all the mounts? Then 0 reason to not leave.

1 Like

Well, you get the idea right? You know what an incentive is. And regarding mounts specifically, it doesnt have to be a mount, but a lot of people would probably disagree with you. Myself, I’m not a big fan of mounts, and that kind of thing would make next to no difference, but who knows? If the mount is really cool, then maybe I would think twice at quitting–at least if there was only say some trash and a boss left.

Either way, some kind of incentive would probably do it.

Were there to be some kind of penalty, I dont think that would work well. I mean, what, you would give some kind of penalty where you could not join another M+ run for an hour or two? There are already bottlenecks, and sometimes a lack of players to run a key. Furthermore, who gets the penalty? The guy who has no skill, dies on every pull and makes everyone else mad cuz he is drunk? And then everyone gets the penalty? Or the guy who leaves first but everyone knows the key is toast?

Maybe you have a suggestion for an incentive that would make lots of people think twice about leaving. In my case, I think the weekly cap on valor is kind of low, and the max level you can bring your gear up to could cost a lot more. That is, instead of a cap after three or four it could be more like ten or more. And the upgrades could cost more.

For people like me who hit the cap every week after a couple days, there is little incentive to hang around in a group that makes healing really hard, so I just leave and hearth out. If the group is going to invite me, but miss all of the kicks and stand in fire nonstop, plus the tank cannot hold aggro well, I am the first to hit the road. Now were I to be punished for that–it would make me really mad. If the healing is intolerable, and just a nightmare in general where I am spam healing nonstop, then I should have the right to leave and then not be penalized.

don’t make mistakes and the tank won’t leave.

Easy fix

3 Likes

It will be like this has long has mythic + exists. Something your gonna have to just get over and deal with.

Oh fun another one of these.

7 Likes

Starcraft is something else altogether though. This game has skill caps, Starcraft doesn’t really. Some of these people have super human APMs so it’s only an “error” to them because they’d have simultaneously milled out workers in base 4 while flanking their army’s in the eastern side and extending their creep on the north so the Zerglings can get to the enemy’s scvs faster. You didn’t do all of that in three seconds? Noob.

No queue, no leaver penalty.

3 Likes

Oh look someone complaining about M+ leavers not posting on their main.

5 Likes

Define small mistakes

7 Likes

Why can’t they do something like Rocket League does? Within a certain time period from the start you literally can’t leave unless you close the program/ walk away from your computer IRL. After that, it’ll give you a message if you decide to leave group that you are leaving a dungeon in progress, that it impacts the rest of your group, if you leave, this will be logged in future runs. If someone keeps doing it they will be locked out of joining any group of any kind for x minutes/hours.

Have this be on some rolling timeline so after 2 weeks or something it’ll reset. This shouldn’t impact gameplay TOO much but it could minimize these occasions.

They also need to introduce a vote to quit option for M+ and 4/5 people need to agree, then the group can disband without penalty to anyone. TBH it’s only 30-45 minutes, whether it’s a bad run or a good run, eventually you’ll finish it. If not, vote to end the run.

Lastly, they already have a penalty for leaving a BG and that’s far less impactful than someone leaving an M+ Group.

1 Like

The reward for a failed run is nearly as good as timed run. You get the same amount of valor, it still counts towards your vault, it doesn’t count against your rating (hell it might actually improve it) and you get nearly the same ilvl reward in the end of instance chest.

5 Likes

Because one of them is a group that have entered into content after choosing who to play with and the other isn’t.

2 Likes

Yep, I thought of that. So what’s with master looter? Those people are in a group with people they choose to run with and they took away the ability to spread loot to the group. What’s the difference?

That example is much more severe than what I said.

You are right. Bring back the option of master loot

5 Likes

Rocket League has a queue. M+ does not. No queue, no leaver penalties.

I’m sorry a lot of you are confused by this but manually forming groups has a downside and this is it–there’s no way to penalize someone because it’s not ran through an official matchmaking system. That’s why RBGs and Queueable content have penalties.

4 Likes