Mythic Keystones Scores

Ok so Mythic keystones are a thing since Legion and since then we’ve been using raider IO to check scores, and was wondering if Blizzard is actually thinking on making anything like PvP-RBGS rating/scores but for Mythic Keystones instead of having to download an addon and having to update this every so often to have an acurate rating for your mythic scores. There has been already 2 expansions with this new system and we’re going on to the next expansion and still we gonna have to do Raider IO? why not making a system in game where once you finish a Mythic + on time or not on time you get a score.

I feel like since we are getting a ton of changes for Shadowlands now would be the perfect time to make this happen, like I said Rated Pvp once you finish a game u get a score, and you get that score on your wow UI. that could bee the case as well for mythic dungeons, instead of Raider IO

Only reason PvP has one is because of matchmaking. If you had to actually make a group and then challenge another premade group, I doubt Blizzard ever would have developed an MMR system. But matchmaking requires them to, so they did.

Io is used in the same way. 1500 players in a 20 would be similar to 300 players facing a 2k team. They’d just get stomped. Sure, they might have enough knowledge to win, but if they don’t execute perfectly, they’ll get outplayed.

Yeah WE use IO, not blizzard is what I’m saying lol. They’ll just let us use and add on and not “waste” time actually developing M+…

Should there be such an in-game system ? yes. Will there be ? almost certainly not because it would offend the vast majority of the “casual” playerbase.

If I had my way there would be a robust in-game system with customization depending on the amount of information you want presented to you.

1. At a base it would have the current raider IO addon functionality.
  2. You would pick any run of that person for a specific dungeon which would open up a run history menu similar to the raider IO site.
  3. Clicking on any of these dungeon runs would give a full breakdown for each player in that run of the following details:
  • overall DPS normalized to ilvl (I know corruption and stats matter but this is still a good metric, particularly for identifying if a person bought carry runs)
  • overall HPS normalized to ilvl (I know this is dependent on party but its still a good metric for most pure pug runs)
  • number of interrupts used
  • number of non-interrupt utility spells used: purges, heals, stuns, fears, etc.
  • absolute amount of avoidable damage taken
  • percent of avoidable damage taken relative to total present during run
  • further breakdown for some affixes such as damage taken from sanguine or quaking
  • other important things I can’t remember right now

It’s known that blizzard keeps logs of almost everything regarding instanced player combat. The question is how much are they willing to put into the game as basic functionality or at least available to developers through the armory API. As it stands now the information they provide is less than 0.1% of the important information necessary for group leaders to evaluate applicants objectively.

Looking at someone’s total score or their dungeon-specific score is simply not good enough from the currently woefully inadequate raider IO system. Unfortunately this poor system is all we have.

SL M+ is largely following the same design principles of “tons of mechanics at once plus the kitchen sink” that BFA uses. Therefore I expect M+ pugging in SL to be the same or worse nightmare than it is now in BFA.

That’s toxic and elitist, you tryhard.

If wanting to get runs done with minimal pain is elitist then you can tattoo it on my forehead.

How about number of deaths? if a key fails but one person dies 20+ times and the others less then 5 then something went wrong.

We really just need a way to show how the individual player was in a run, as some might be at the top of their game and doing well, but others are dragging the group down. This would also help with the “hey, you are bad because you are blaming someone else” cases.

You’ve been around here long enough to know that wanting others to have a basic understanding of their class and meet some simple ability requirements is the most toxic and elitist thing in the world.

Yes that too

The point is we need a plethora of both offensive and defensive information about every player in every M+ run. Most/all of this is logged already by blizzard so the question is how much is put in-game or made available to addon developers.

I’m not banking on any of it happening because the general discussion forum in particular would go into meltdown overnight. SL M+ is shaping up to be a bigger pugging nightmare than BFA. As usual ilvl will be a more useless metric than ever regarding competence as the free powerful gear firehorse goes into overdrive to try (and fail) to retain “casual” subscribers.

Only because General falls into that “anyone who defends x is an elitist jerk, anyone who is critical of x is a scrub”.

I just wish that M+ had 2 tiers, at least up to the difficulty that gives gear, so those who push io, or whatever metric they want, can do so yet those who jsut do them for fun, or gear, can do such as well.

This is ridiculous. LMAO. The interpretation of these things varies so greatly based off of group composition, dungeon, and key level. For example, if I’m a filler in an interrupt rotation on a boss fight I am now gimping my overall interrupt statistic for the following key because my group is competent? If I avoid damage, and in turn do not have to use my defensives to keep me alive, it will now reflect that I am not pushing my buttons? Do I just push then to push then with this new system? If I’m in a terrible group, where we wipe over and over to no fault of my own but decide to stick it out to the end, does my large death Talley transfer over to the next key? This is one of, if not THE worst idea for a “new” system I have ever seen.

There are plenty of trash mobs outside of bosses that require high interrupt uptime. The system would have a way of tracking stuns like intimidation as an interrupt against such mobs too, assuming they aren’t stun immune.

There’s plenty of dangerous unavoidable damage in BFA M+ where defensive cooldowns are critical. One or two runs you might get lucky and they are not necessary. If I see a bunch of runs at a reasonable key level (e.g. you aren’t running a current +10 at ilvl 475) without defensive cooldown use, then that’s a red flag.

The system can separate individual deaths from wipe-like deaths or just giant party-wide enrage deaths. It will of course not count deaths against you if you are the last one alive, since at that point all mechanics will target you.

Like any system there is an initial design based on certain initial guidelines and you iterate from there.

Your comment also demonstrates why the general discussion forum would go into meltdown, no offense to you in particular. No one wants to be outed that they made their group fail. This is why no leaver punishment system would ever work in the current version of M+ because context is everything.

Group leaders need more data about pug applicants they don’t know, a lot more data. Saying that someone timed or did not time a certain key is relatively worthless at this point given the current complexity of M+ boss and trash design combined with affixes.

As the resident Toxic Elitist Tryhard, I’m offended.

1 Like

Your offence fuels a certain Pandaren Monk

The night before the forums see that I paid RL money to get a slightly more useful racial…

1 Like

Warstomp #1 tanking racial, convince me otherwise.

Aoe purge on a 2m cd is faster a lot of the time and worth more if there is no priest.