Mythic Dungeon Leaving

Is there ever going to be a discipline action for people just leaving or going offline after you use your key… This has been getting a tad ridiculous. This week seems to be the worst.

2 Likes

No. This has been discussed many times on this forum.

Leavers are a social issue, not a blizzard issue. If Blizzard starts issuing punishments, they would be doing so blindly. Believe it or not, there are legitimate reasons for people to leave groups such as:

• Emergencies or RL issues
  • Actual disconnects
  • Harassment from other players in the group

The only way something could be done is either through reporting people or automatic systems that hand out punishments without context. I, for one, don’t wish to see blind punishments or see punishments be handed out to people who do not deserve them. I’ve personally witnessed people leaving for very real reasons… including unnecessary harassment from keyholders or elitist groups.

Does it suck when people leave early? Yes it does. However, this is human behavior. Handing out blind punishments or punishing without context does not help control behavior. Create a new group and move on…

11 Likes

What he said. :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Also, the search function is there for a reason. Use it. There is no excuse for starting another thread on a topic that has been literally beat to death and beyond. I would leave your group for this thread alone.

2 Likes

Oh look, another one. When will blizzard start punishing people that bring this topic up for the 900th time this week?

1 Like

You should be punished for bringing terrible players into the group making us wipe 10000 times. I signed up for a 30 minute jaunt not an hour long slog running back to my body. Never before has raider IO been so necessary to prevent one from wasting one’s time

2 Likes

Nope, as long as there’s 0 punishment for not knowing simple mechanics, there should be 0 punishment for leaving.

End of discussion.

1 Like

I only started seeing this happen when doing lower keys, like 15-17. It’s always the person with no mechanics. Reason if I do higher keys I don’t pug often.

True story;

Once doing a key in S3 my grandmother had gotten up after falling asleep on the couch to answer the door. Her leg had fallen asleep and she lost her balance and fell to the floor. Head hitting the ground.
Obviously I drop whatever I’m doing (in this case the key; yes, I wanted it for IO), and called for an Ambulance.

I didn’t touch my computer for 4 hours after that.
If you think I should be punished for that, then I welcome you to embarrass yourself.

1 Like

Ok you caught me I left a dungeon. The dk kept deathgripping mobs I was approaching. I warned him and he kept doing it— Im out now whatcha gonna do?

There is a addon called character notes, which you can build your own personal blacklist with notes about these players. This addon has prevented me from falling prey to bad players more than once, it warns you about negative notes.

10 to 1 you’ve spent more time maintaining that blacklist than you’ve saved avoiding flounders

1 Like

I’ll give you 3-1

The #1 thing I would recommend if you like doing mythic and mythic+ is to try to do them with guildmates at least a couple nights a week on a scheduled basis. PUGging these things can be downright terrible, Blizzard implemented a way to PUG them even though they don’t let people queue for them in DF because they are afraid of people PUGing them. It’s crazy, and most of the time it doesn’t work for anything above a +2 or a +3. They should have just stuck to their guns and made it hard to pug this stuff and instead put more work into the guild/group finding tools. Communities is an OK start but the guild/community finder is garbage still

Dungeon finder has to be piss easy to accommodate its audience, mythic plus is designed around being challenging end game.

Dungeon finder is hardly a PuG. Blizz is just throwing the first 5 people together who have the right roles selected. There’s no vetting involved.

Today I ran an AD up to second boss, first boss the tank druid ran over tons of bones. Second pull same thing but we killed it. Then realized he speaks no english. second boss we had two dks in group both had controlled the big dudes that shoot slime everywhere and while we are all half life saying whose releasing first the tank druid ran in and started boss. Id rather not be forced to staying in that group. So NTY to your suggestion.

I have no choice but to pug because my guild went inactive. Two players bickered and while I’m trying to get everyone to cool down and finish, they left my key. Because there’s no consequence. If there is let’s say a 24 hour lock out from doing another m+ then maybe people will try to work together. I had used io and they all have experience. Of course there are real life emergencies. If you get an emergency do you think you can still play wow in the same day? You can get on your alts and continue to destroy keys. What are the chances of someone getting a real life emergency vs trolls nowadays? I personally have encountered only trolls destroying keys.

You have many other choices that you haven’t acknowledged in your rush to feel like a victim.

No, they left because they didn’t want to play together anymore. The lack of consequence simply allowed to players to make that decision for themselves without also having to weigh a penalty, which is appropriate.

IO is a fantastic tool for it’s actual purpose, which is to indicate which dungeons and which affixes players have done and how successfully.

It is a terrible tool for building a group all by itself. You say these players had experience, but you didn’t say if their experience was appropriate to the key level you were doing. Bringing people who have a significantly higher io than the key you’re doing can cause as many problems for people who just want to finish as bringing people with significantly lower io.

Additionally, as you’ve no doubt discovered now, io does nothing to tell you if people are going to get along. It’s a group project, so the 5 best players in the world may not finish a key if they can’t stand to be around each other long enough to do it.

Were the players bickering over something in the dungeon? A route? An assignment? Something like that which could have been discussed before the key started? Making sure everyone agrees ahead of time can avoid the stress of dealing with it when the clock is ticking.

This assumes that the only valid reason to leave a key is a real life emergency. That assumption is built on the premise that once someone joins your key they are morally obligated to stay until you’ve deemed it appropriate for them to leave.

Neither assumption is correct. You can decide for yourself when you can leave, but you don’t get to decide for anyone else how they spend the game time they are paying for.

It is entirely appropriate for a player to leave a group anytime they don’t want to be there anymore, full stop. No emergency necessary.

If you expect people to stay to the end no matter what, there are a whole host of things that you need to do as the group leader that you aren’t doing right now. You have 100% control over who you invite. Use that control better and stop asking for game designers to micromanage social interactions. That is your job.

Personally i invite folks with similar io’s as myself. The higher io folks can and most likely be cancer at the first butt pull. Just check that they have timed the dungeon a few times. Also never invite a group to your key–my opinion-- they many times gave a pact mentality leading to toxicity.

I was in a pug SotS on the third boss yesterday. It was a clean run, we were going to time it, and had no issues with toxicity/disagreements. The DPS DK left the group in the middle of the boss leaving us confused. The other group members were his friend and told us that his sister got into a car accident and that this run had to end. We (the two pugs in the group) said we hope everything is ok and left the group.

You can’t predict RL issues and certainly not as a justification to implement penalties for leaving groups. Saying it doesn’t happen for you doesn’t represent the majority of the population. Whether RL or justifiable reasons for leaving happen a lot or a little, it doesn’t justify putting a penalty that could potentially hurt someone’s game play. I’ve had more justifiable reasons in botched runs than trolls.