Mythic Crucible of Storms - World First for Pieces

The fight seemed over tuned but nice work Pieces.

Grats to them. :slight_smile: I just got AotC last night and that was challenging enough, lols. Being able to down the Mythic version is just mindblowing.

Wonderful for them, now blizzard tell me how if you’re not a DH or ranged that you can do this fight what a terrible designed fight, all ranged fight I hope this is what comes in 8.2 as well so I can quit the game.

I guess any boss fights that don’t play to my favorite spec strength is bad design.

Bad Blizzard bad. How could you!!!

now i would like to see a melee heavy comp kill this…

Sure, normally I congratulate people on a win, less so when it brings to light class balance issues and content designed for less than 1%, meaning hardly any one will even experience.

Bring back classes bringing buffs to ensure raid teams are diversified

The current balance meta is that you have to be melee if you wanna get into mythic +, but range if you want to raid. I dont mind people congratulatong pieces, but Blizzard and others should have some concern about team diversity. Not only is there now content only for the very skilled (not just skilled, extremely skilled), but also only for those players who have a certain class.

How is Blizzard expecting any non FOTM spec or average - moderate skilled player to feel?

A lot of people are excited to play necro in ESO, imagine if those players then learned their choice was wrong and had issues getting into content die to that choice? Would you expect those players to remain happy with ESO?

Well, an equivalent to that is currently happening in WoW.

They had a 2% wipe, and Sco then went on vacation

They got rid of this for a reason, and it should have stayed gone.

So all the ranged people timing high keys are just flukes or buying carries…?

So all the melee players getting into the HoF are just flukes or buying carries…?

The same way they feel every raid…?

I do think it’s a fair thing to mention. All the top guilds had people that couldn’t play due to the MDI, or people who didn’t take time off due to it being a two boss raid, or people who didn’t take enough time off. Sco wasn’t the only one who had to stop early.

Hell, Limit stopped raiding for five days, and when they started again they were no longer day raiding. Not to say which guild was hurt the most from missing people or any fanboyism. Just a fair point to mention. No guild was at 100% this race.

You can examine this game by focusing on the outliers and bringing up the few examples that break the rule, or you can focus on the experience of the typical player in WoW.

You are more focused on the former, I’m more focused on the latter. You want to discuss the people who you can find in parses and recorded high keys. I’m more concerned about the new or returning player, and the type of experience they will have in this game versus other games.

It takes little research to realize that various specs are having difficulty getting into raids or M+, and top teams reinforcing that aspect will do nothing to dampen it.

If the current scenario is to be judged by how pugs act in pugs, then the game has been damned for years.

1 Like

Hey look its someone who doesn’t understand world first raiding.

2 Likes

Currently, pugs are overwhelmingly the predominate player base.

Yes, a game that ignores the majority of its players is doomed to fail

Congrats pieces!

More importantly though why are the comps used by pieces and method required to defeat these bosses? Would love a response from blizzard.

“Required” and “optimal” aren’t the same thing.

1 Like

2 EU and 3 Asia kills so far.

US/OC behind as usual it seems.

1 Like

When Blizzard starts designing mythic around pugs then we won’t have to wonder how they’ll feel because they’ll be the only ones doing the content. I wouldn’t be sticking around for a mythic end boss that a group of 20 strangers could kill within 2 weeks of release.

1 Like

20 that have no idea what they are doing, sure.

However, 20 people that know the mechanics and play their class at a reasonable skill level, rather than the top 1%, is actually typical for most games.

People enjoy dark souls, and similar games, because they are able to beat it with enough skill and perseverance, even if it may take a long time. Same with Sekiro.

Blizzard is fine demanding a certain skill level, but there’s an issue when only 1000 people in the world are even able to reach that skill level. It’s like taking all people who earned an A+, and then telling them they really needed 98% rather than 90% to pass. In other words, it’s fine to separate the cream from the milk, as is typical, but this games then dumps 75% of the creme as well.

It’s like they were upset with how many people beat Mythic Jaina, despite it being such a low number (around 10,800), and wanted it to be even less, despite representing less than 0.01% of players in a game with a least a million.

I would be satisfied with 5 or 10%, I’m concerned about only 0.01%

I’d love to see a game company release a game where they expected only 1% of the people buying it would reach the end. I seriously doubt it would succeed.

Most mythic guilds dont even have this lol.

2 Likes