Mythic+ Conduct System

Please consider adding a conduct system that penalizes players for bad conduct such as leaving, flaming, trolling, etc. and rewards them for consistently finishing keystones and being a good group member.

The mythic+ system is so much fun and very rewarding, but there are too many toxic individuals out there that ruin run after run.

Maybe start by not dropping the level of a key when the player who leaves isn’t the player holding the key.

Have a voting/reporting system at the end of the run for players to rate and report behavior.

None of this is new, so many other games have this type of system and it helps.

Sure, if we get a equal system to penalize bad players. I mean, if a tank dies 5 time before the first boss, or a dps pulling 3k with lust, or someone who has 0 interrupts through the entire dungeon gets punished as they deserve, then we can talk about punishing leavers.

1 Like

I’m imagining a scenario where this player has to complete twisting corridors 8 before they can use the queue system again.

1 Like

I’m going to stop you right here. Leaving a group isn’t “bad conduct”. People leave many groups with no complaints every day. Just because you’re not ready for them to leave doesn’t mean they are obligated to stay until you’re finished with them.

2 Likes

How about a conduct system to track players who die to the same mechanics over and over. Maybe a tracker to see if someone is first to die in a boss encounter. Tracking players who don’t interrupt.

Would be much more rewarding.

2 Likes

People that ask for leaver penalties have clearly never played league of legends before. Cause in that game I love being held hostage and forced to play with trolls who are refusing to surrender in order to punish their team for whatever reason they have.

Heres leaver penalty: Join a group, start the key, one of the dps just runs in circles and nothing else. You can’t leave for X minutes. They aren’t doing any major reportable offense, and even if they made ‘not trying’ a reportable offense, do you really trust blizzard CS to punish all the trolls? They’ll just set up some automated system that does next to nothing like the rest of their reporting garbage. Nah you can go play LoL if you want that nonsense.

It would have the opposite effect. If they added that, I wouldn’t be more willing to get PuG groups, but rather I would never PuG again.

Conduct systems are so easily weaponized.

In this thread we have two possibilities…

1. People are the worst and leave without any warning, trolling groups simply for the fun of it while the poor victims are left to lose their key and have to start over. We must have a conduct system to punish these people.
  2. People are being held hostage by terrible groups and leave, only after exhaustively exploring all other options because they are saints, but ultimately they need to leave the group. We can’t have a conduct system because it would unfairly punish these people.

Those are definitely the only options. We absolutely cannot have any middle ground that worked to incentivize people to stay while, simultaneously, helping to ensure that people have the freedom to move on when things aren’t working out.

It’s so unlikely that we should probably just continue to argue about the extreme cases, repeating the same arguments over and over because eventually, that’s how you make people agree!

There won’t be agreement on this topic. Both sides believe they lose too much if the other wins. People who leave wasted 5-30m and people who are forced to stay could waste 1hr. Clearly these sides disagree on the fundamentals of the waste.

I will admit that my post was on the polar extreme of bad outcomes. I would like to clarify: Doing such a conduct system right is preposterously hard, especially since you can’t get an entire playerbase to agree on what ‘right’ even is. More importantly, do you think that blizzard is up to the task? I don’t.

My assertion is that its much, much better not to try than to screw it up. My post was to point to Riot Games as an example of a giant rich studio who -still- struggles to create a well functioning conduct system after 10+ years of tinkering. Things can go very wrong with their system and I’ve seen it a great many times.

1 Like

This would get abused by groups. 3 friends go in together, don’t like another player for whatever reason and proceed to berate that player.

The solution is to make friends and play with them.

4 Likes

You may believe that my position is #2, but in fact, it isn’t. People have the right to leave groups. They have the right to leave when you feel they have explored all options and made it work, and they have the right to leave when you feel they haven’t. The only person who gets to decide when it’s okay to leave is the person paying the subscription. You may not like or approve of their choice, but it’s not your call.

Yes, I believe there are times when it is a richard move to leave a key, but sometimes that’s life. There is not supposed to be some kind of institutional punishment for everything that makes us mad, and it would be a far worse world in every way if there were.

2 Likes

People seriously need to stop asking for this, it would add far more toxicity and negativity to the community.

I don’t think people ever consider the consequences of these systems and I don’t understand why no one legitimately thinks about them.

What’s to stop 4 man groups from reporting the single pug because he didn’t do exactly what they said, give them the loot he got or simply blamed him because he’s the pug.

Not only would you need a high raider IO, Item level you would toss in needing a high reputation score into the mix. This would likely be just as important as the former and could be used as leverage against pugs for trading loot for the fear of getting their reputation negatively impacted.

You would also run into 3-4 man premades holding people hostage even though the pug is performing the best while the premade is doing horrible DPS, dying and wiping repeatedly they could threaten the pug with conduct reports if they leave.

If the LFG group leader advertised the key would be timed with good players or they’re going to be carrying and you wipe 15 times before the 3rd boss and you’re not even close to timing it and don’t want to be stuck in a dead key for over an hour. Same goes for people who need to leave due to an emergency they would just get their reputation reduced.

Keep M+ a player run activity with absolutely zero rating or scoring system for player behavior, the game already provides enough information through various addons to determine whether or not the player is a good addition to the group. I know people mean well with these suggestions but they come with a mountain of problems for solving 1 or two issues that are fixed simply by making your own groups, playing with friends or guilds.

No they really don’t.

It’s interesting that you read my post this way.

I get where you’re coming from here, but truth is, there is no way to police any good or bad behavior without it getting abused. Bad players need to get better, toxic people need to be less toxic. Right now it seems to be a social system that keeps things in a balance. This pooling of bad players do make it harder for newer players to work their way up, but there are ways.
cough-socialnetworking-cough

It should be no secret that my post was laden with heavy, heavy sarcasm. I was mostly just having a bit of fun. I get a little mischievous from time to time :stuck_out_tongue: However, there was also a bit of intent lying under there… which is to maybe encourage people to think about thinks differently.

Right now we’re all focused on two things… either punishing people who do things we don’t like, or not getting stuck with people who aren’t as good as we are. They are definitely polar opposite views and it very much depends on who you are.

Being someone who has someone bail on their key, for whatever reason, and having to effectively downgrade it, raise it again, and then carry on, feels bad. Even if you weren’t going to time it, if that loot box at the end was important to you, it feels pretty bad to miss out on the time.

In contrast, as someone who is looking for a nice smooth run to put a notch in the GV progress meter, it can also feel pretty bad to be in a group that’s clearly going nowhere. Right or wrong, you may want to hedge your bets and bail, knowing you can probably get into another group. There are a lot of things that are frustrating in WoW, but high up on that list is being in a group that isn’t going anywhere.

Thus far, though, we’re only thinking about the end result… two endpoints of a sequence of events. Is there another way we can think about this? One that, perhaps, might lead to more interesting revelations and, perhaps, more useful solutions, resolutions, or perhaps just opportunities?

Let me ask you this… why do you think this situation exists in the first place? Are there any alternatives you can consider that might change the narrative from one of punishment to one of encouragement, for both sides of the spectrum?

I don’t mind helping people out. Hell, I help some streamers do free carries all the time. There are a lot of solutions, and a lot of it usually comes from starting to change our own thinking first.
People just need to be willing to get passed their ego/feelings.