My wow classic character is locked because Blizzard refunded a transfer mistakenly

I don’t know where else to go with this, but it’s now been multiple days I’ve had issues stemming from the same ticket. Long story short, blizzard mistakenly reverted a character transfer on my wow classic character, and then I had to transfer myself back. Blizzard then processed a refund for my transfer because it was their fault, well now I can’t even log into my character because it says “You Cannot Log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete” but I didn’t initiate anything…

Is there any way I can contact support without having to wait multiple days for them to get back to my ticket? My day off work is completely wasted because I can’t play my toon…

unfortunately ticketing is the only way to handle this. i would reopen your existing ticket if possible, otherwise i would use the “problem with purchase” category to open one as that tends to be prioritized.

1 Like

If you have a ticket open, the average time display can be off.

If not open it here.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/167/ticket

Ticket time can fluctuate, but it’s probably about 24 hours. Live chat would work, but it appears to be closed now.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve had this ticket open for multiple weeks because they keep causing an issues and on average it’s taken them 2 days to respond. So frustrating because they’ve caused all of the issues I had lol

Sorry for the frustration, Jonnjon. Messing with character services can get complicated and it looks like the misunderstanding one of our Game Masters had on this situation definitely didn’t help.

How quickly we may be able to get to an issue often depends on the issue itself, and therefore how you submit your ticket. You used a generalized account category, which doesn’t really have a high priority.

I’d recommend using Purchase Failure, as that category would be better suited for purchase related issues, such as a character service. The better categorization of the issue may allow our staff to get to you a bit quicker. Still keep your current ticket open though, no need to close it. When answered the GM will merge the two into one ticket.

4 Likes