My Shadowlands Progress : After a year long hiatus

As a primarily solo player, I thought I would add some positive objectivity to my experiences with Shadowlands as a whole. My overall WoW journey goes back to 2007 right before BC expansion.

I started playing Shadowlands January of ‘21 and only got a month in. During that time I got to level 27 Renown and had a iLvl of 195ish. Now for me that’s not too shabby. The covenant system was NICE and of course I picked Venthyr from the get go. I grit my teeth in the Maw & Torghast, which gave me a fresh look as playing my character more effectively. I have no doubt, that is where a lot of the excess complaining comes from. Dailies in the Maw is where the fun was.

Fast forward after a year break, I started playing after missing the patches. From January 10 to the 17 ( this last week of this writing ), I managed to max out renown, craft a legendary, finish the other campaign, and of course ginding it out in the Maw … and did a decent rep increases within Korthia. Torghast has been a interesting challenge to get that 160 needed to unlock Floor 9 ( having a 158 on several occasions. I swear Blizzard, I killed everything including those *@&$^ Mawrats - Who’s with me on that one ! Someone will chuckle at that.

The ‘so what’ to this is I’ve enjoyed the content with this expansion and the challenges presented. Almost everything that has already been complained about a thousand times over. I still hear a lot of noise about Shadowlands worth getting into or “catching up” with. I feel my game play answers those questions. It certainly didn’t take me 10 min to do, but over the years I have developed a very good rhythm of how to approach a long campaign, dailies, and other content that others may find, as the popular word goes “Grindy” …. Ya know, its WoW and sometimes you have to put the work in & its the Shadowlands, not a Sunday brunch at Bob Evans.

So if your one of those players who feels like your behind or is the Shadowlands worth diving into, do it !!! Don’t let the wasted negativity affect you. Remember, it’s Your game play and characters. Get out there and just have fun with it all.

Artisgratia

Fun Fact: My characters name is taken from the Latin phrase Ars Gratia Artis : “Art for the sake of Art”. I felt that fit the WoW brand & Blizzard as a whole.

3 Likes

I took a 6 month break from May to November and it was nice coming back to have things to work towards again. That being said, I really wish they would give us a date/timeframe for 9.2. I don’t feel the need to do the Korthia grind anymore beyond a few shots at the rares, so I’m relying on older content to keep me going until then.

Came back after 3 months. Shadowlands is still here. Thinking of leaving again.

1 Like