My QoL Elements

Since I saw that the devs were included wanted QoL elements into TBC, I just wanted to throw in my personal suggestions. These are from my own experience so there are some QoL elements that I don’t even know about, especially pvp elements. (Not in order of importance)

1. Dyes. Origially we were informed that dyes couldn’t be added because the amount of gear was too huge and the undertaking to go back in and recolor or tag all the gear in the game was too problematic. I seriously think this ball was dropped. With the re-introduction of Classic, the gear could have been tagged and re-colored to accept dyes. But it’s not too late. Re-coloring and tagging can still be done before we get too far into the expansions. The amount of gear hasn’t exploded to become a huge problem. Only the core game and one expansion coming. Great time to get this done before the gear super-explosion hits.

2. Dual-Spec. Looking for groups was not the fun part of vanilla and the smallest QoL became the biggest used and helped form groups… dual-spec. This would allow it to be easier to find tanks and healers. Which has currently been the same issue it’s always been but worse. Dual-spec didn’t alleviate the problem, but it reduced it significantly.

3. Equipment Manager. With dual-spec, I believe Equipment manager should become available. It just makes sense and helps with keeping up with multiple gear sets for multiple functions.

4. Custom Group Finder. I am not a fan of the LFG or LFR tool in current WoW. I think it completely ends the social aspect of a social game. But, with that said, the game needs a tool for group finding. The most impressive group finding tool I saw was the custom group finding tool that was used during the MoP expansion. Players had a forum to advertise the roles they needed and single players could advertise for the groups they were looking for. Ultimately, the leader of the group had to contact the players without a group they were looking for and vice versa creating a social environment and a more intimate group making experience. I can explain this further if needed. In my opinion, it was the best way to do it.

5. Professions. The Spellbook and Abilities tab should again include a profession tab.

6. Raid Lockout Info. This is a QoL change that’s still not even in current WoW. Add a Raid tab to the Group Finder tab and have the lockout info there instead of hidden as a tiny button just above the message box.

7. Social menu. In fact keep the social menu tab on the bar where it is in Classic and do not move it to a tiny button hidden just above the message box.

8. Adventure Guide. This was a great tool and made planning your dungeoning so much easier. My main want, is the gear drops so I don’t have to alt-tab to a 3rd party website. Strategies for how to defeat the bosses should be left out as well as what they do. Maybe include a small synopsis of how the boss fights but leave out statistics. Let us figure out how to beat the boss. (maybe help on raid bosses, maybe).

9. Dungeon Maps. Dungeon maps were a good addition in my opinion. If there’s a problem with us figuring out the layout too soon, add in fog of war for each character that hasn’t been to the dungeon in question. I realize new maps would need to be made since some vanilla dungeons were changed structurally previous to the dungeon maps being created.

10. Non-equipment tabs. Tabs or special bags for mounts, pets, and quest items would be great. They take up a lot of space when you have to collect three or more things for a quest and then having multiple quests that make you collect things. Making tabs for this was a huge QoL improvement. There are few classes that don’t have class related things that already take up space (shaman totems, hunter arrows, rogue poisons, reagents for spells, etc.) and taking away bag space with quest items is a huge limitation that isn’t so needed.

11. Transmog. This is completely not needed but even level 60’s pre-raiding look like teen-level characters trying to get their first gold. In addition, there are some cool gear sets in vanilla that are missing in current but now available again in Classic. So absolutely not needed but this time around would be cool.

I appreciate you reading this and hopefully some of this will get some attention. Like I mentioned, these are my own opinions on these topics. The rest of Classic (and hopefully TBC) will be close to the way it used to be. I really like the slower leveling, the more difficult challenges and even the content that requires grouping in and out of dungeons (just needs an easier way to find groups: Custom Group Finder and Dual-spec).

Thank you much,
Saf

no that’s insane

3 Likes

You are very verbose. An explanation would be beneficial. I can sort of see #1 and #2 being slightly insane but the rest are great QoL improvements that won’t take anything away from the classic experience. I mean except sitting outside BRD for a few hours spamming general for a group…

I am willing to explain deeper but can’t if I don’t know which I’m explaining.

Why would you reply to him 1 year later, it’s a tad bit late.

Out to get smokes.
Just got back.

1 Like