My old Tricks of the Trade macro no longer working

Hey all. I’ve been using this particular macro for years by setting the tank in my group/raid as Focus. It would cast Tricks of the Trade on the tank and then switch me to their target.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] [@targettarget] Tricks of the Trade
/assist focus

It seems to have stopped working with patch 8.2 and no longer functions. Anyone have any ideas why, or what I can do to make it work again?

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [] Tricks of the Trade
/stopspelltarget
/assist [@focus,help,nodead]

Doesn’t seem to work either. Target’s the tank’s target fine, but TotT doesn’t cast.

Mine on my rogue is working fine. Try deleting it entirely then recreating it with your original code, could just be one of those wtf moments.

PS - your original macro will never make it to the [@targettarget] condition because there’s no existence check on your [@focus] condition.

1 Like

So, it seems like there’s some kind of problem with my TotT itself. As even trying to use it without a macro gives me an “invalid target” message.

Not sure what the problem there is.

Edit: After looking into it, it’s probably the Blue Punchcard I have in my trinket, which gives me the Neural Silencer effect. Which apparently has a bug that prevents TotT from working.

That’s not a bug. The same thing happens when you use a regular Neural Silencer. It’s so you can’t use those types of effects on others while being immune yourself.

Glad you figured it out :slight_smile:

1 Like