Ignore this: My mistake!

I have been away from WoW for a LONG time. The last time I played was TBC. However, I recently decided to get back into it…this time with my kids. I had numerous characters on the Llane realm back in the day. After 2+ weeks of painstaking back and forth messages every 1-3 days in help tickets, I have (successfully?) recovered my old account.

But here’s the thing…All my old TBC characters are now in the RETAIL version of WoW. I have searched everywhere, and I always read that classic characters CANNOT be moved to retail. But, there they are. They have all been “level squished” (e.g., my level 60 is now a level 26) and most of the gear seems to have been removed. Only my highest level characters when I stopped playing (a level 60 and a level 58) have any gear (at least from the character images in the log-on screen), but it says that a “gear update” is available for them, which I assume means replacing certain items that Blizzard doesn’t want (or doesn’t exist) in retail WoW. I have not logged on with any of them because I don’t WANT them in retail WoW and I don’t want to “update” any of them.

Some of you may think this is great, but unfortunately, my whole family is playing classic Wotlk together, which is where I obviously want (and expected) my characters to be.

Have I somehow stumbled into an unannounced future “feature” in which Blizzard plans to (eventually) migrate all the classic progression characters to retail (maybe after Cat)?

I don’t want that in the future, much less to be living it now! How can I just have my characters restored to a Wotlk server (Atiesh please!)?

If I did understand correctly from this and ur other post, u are talking about the original TBC version of the game. Those characters ofc are on retail now, since blizzard never did dedicated servers for every expansion. They new “classsic” servers started in 2019, and those characters are diferent from retail, those where fresh servers and now those characters are in WOTLK “Classic”.

I hope I did understan correctly, if u where talking about TBC classic, is a very problematic bug or mistake from blizzard.

Original 2007 TBC, or Classic 2021 TBC?

Whoa. So, everyone on the current “progression” servers are NEW characters made after 2019, and not any of the original characters from all those years ago?

So, my old TBC characters weren’t just progressed from TBC to Wotlk but also to Cata and to modern retail?

All I can say is… WoW.

Well, at least I have an answer! Even if not the one I was hoping for.

1 Like

Yes.

20chars

the world has moved on.

with them sleeping in the inn.

people with lost clones are going to see this thread and get their hopes up

You’re totally right. I’ve changed the title to prevent that.