My mage is unblinking

I can’t find any other player with a mage with this problem. I was getting constant DCs back in March, so I took my main – a level 120 mage on Winterhoof named Kherisolke – to Suramar to grind rep, and so that the lower level mobs wouldn’t kill me as fast while I was DCd. At some point during this period, my toon’s Shimmer stopped working. I hit the button and it says “You can’t do that right now.” I’ve tried changing gear; I’ve tried switching back to Blink; I’ve gone into Facebook pages and guild forums and tried submitting a bug report, all to no avail. I do have other mages, and they can Blink and Shimmer to their heart’s content. I’ve tried pretty much everything I could think of and everything people have suggested, and no matter what, every time I try to Shimmer I get “You can’t do that right now.” I think Blizz should give me my own personal title, unique to this one mage: Kherisolke the Unblinking, or Kherisolke the Differently Abled. Either that or darn well respond to my bug report. This is the fifth month …

1 Like

A year or two back I couldn’t figure out why my shimmer wouldn’t work while fire but did as arcane or frost. It interrupted my spell cast every single time. Submitted a bug report but never got an answer, just couldn’t figure it out. Finally, I checked my macros and saw that at some point in the past I had created a /stopcast macro that my fire mage was using but my other specs were not.

Have you double-checked to see if that might be causing some sort of problem? We had a paladin that had macroed in a bubble wand to one of his spells that caused a lot of problems before he solved it.

If that doesn’t work, I hope you get it figured out!

Thanks, it was suggested that it might be a macro, but I don’t use macros, and I can’t find any that might have accidentally been created (and how would that even happen?), so I’m afraid that’s not it. I have also tried respeccing as fire and frost, with no change. I’ve also tried switching hotkeys, pulling the Shimmer straight from the spellbook instead of hotkey, switching out ALL my gear, and several other things that have been suggested. No joy. At this point I would settle for my own pesonal title, although I’d prefer to be able to Shimmer again. I’ve learned that this has happened to a couple of monks who lost their Roll for a bit and I’ve tried all the tricks they suggested, but nothing works. So far. Hope springs eternal and whatnot. And thanks also for the good wishes.

Assuming you’re correct that it’s not a macro, the next step is to make sure that no other interface addon is messing things up…

Aside from that, perhaps try going to a mage trainer and learning and/or unlearning arcane momentum?

1 Like

That’s a thought. I checked the interface over and over and over but haven’t found any possible macro interference – and wouldn’t that be account wide anyway? – but I’ll see about getting training. One of these days, something has got to work.

Well that is certainly very weird… Have you tried disabling all addons to make sure it’s not related to that? Has your mage died ingame at any point since this happened (maybe that could “reset” it)?

I don’t use addons either. And my mage is, you know, squishy. She dies a lot, even with the arcane shield, and being unable to Shimmer makes that happen more. So, that didn’t fix it either. Again, it was a question worth asking, but no, not the solution. /weep

Try deleting your hotbar button for it (drag the icon out of your hotbar and discard it).

Then drag a fresh icon for Blink from your spellbook and put it on your hotkey.

Well, it was worth a try. Have you tried making a ticket with Blizz about it? Unfortunately it seems like that may be your only option left at this point.

1 Like

…maybe reinstall, if nothing else works?

I’ve tried the ticket route 3 times now but haven’t heard anything back. And I did reinstall, with no effect. :frowning: If they ever get around to my ticket, I hope they can fix it. Hell, at this point they should fix it AND give me a title.

1 Like

This is seriously interesting to read, I’ve never had issues with Blink. I do however get issues with all my Fave Mounts sometimes unbinding and when I click “Summon Random Fave Mount” it says I have no mounts. Usually fixes when I restart the game though

My girlfriend’s mage also started having this issue recently after she was working toward the Nightborne allied race. She has tried all the stuff that you tried and also has the issue. Did you ever find a fix or is your mage still unblinking to this day? It might be something in Suramar but we are not sure. A different post said it was a building in Suramar that glitches it, but I don’t think she went to that building specifically.