My guild/alts got split in real-time

So my guild was actively xfering servers. in the past hour and now sulfuras is locked with half our guild and my alts. At this point what do I even do… this is going to ruin our guild. I cant even describe how I’m feeling about this now.

8 Likes

That is why we decided to wait until the next round depending on the server options. Man I am so sorry, that was our worst-case scenario that you are living.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but this is the biggest oof I’ve seen in this game.
Damn that really sucks. This whole thing is a living nightmare.

1 Like

Hmmm, it’s almost like this is one of the reasons Blizzard is hesitant to lock servers despite the forums telling them to do it anyway.

3 Likes

Wait the past hour? When Blizz announced yesterday server transfers to that realm would close 5 hour ago?

1 Like

We’re in the same boat. Because of the horendous queue times, not everyone was able to make it onto Benediction to transfer before they shut down free transfers. Just turned off transfers only 12 hours after making the announcement that they’ll be doing so. People were already offline for the evening and had work today. We also have a few bans, including our GM who only managed to transfer 2 of his characters before he got slapped with a 7 day ban for saying ‘sh*t’ in general chat.

They announced it last night. That is literally the first time they have ever announced when transfers would end for a server. Should of not waited till the last second

2 Likes

The gross mismanagement of WOW is costing blizzard countless millions of dollars , its so bad.

Talking to CS now

Verendmos

at 15:56, Sep 8:

Given returning to Grobbulus is going to be an impossible issue, the best case would be to try to plan about going to the new realm where possible, as it would be the least likely to have this happen again.

Someone I know couldn’t transfer because the auction house was down and they had auctions posted. How’s that fair lol

also what he said

Verendmos

at 15:57, Sep 8:

I will pass along the situation with people locked on Sulfuras to see if we cant help by allowing people to move to the other servers so you can all rejoin there

Kinda hard to predict it would have been last second. How can you fault the player? How were we to know that Blizzard will make an announcement on the forums at 9pm on a random Wednesday saying they’re shutting off free transfers the very next day?

2 Likes

I feel.for you man. I wouldnt even play if i couldnt stay with my guild.

They have plainly said that transfers can and will end with no warning… They even gave a warning this one time. No excuses

Imagine defending everything they do

2 Likes

Yes they gave warning and we’re grateful. Thing is, we only started transferring THAT DAY. Not all of us were able to make it through the 15k queue on Bene to begin transferring our characters before the free transfers got shut off not even 24 hours later. When you consider most people work and don’t get home until 5-6pm, and then will face a 4-5 hour queue on a worknight, they can’t sit through that on a work night. What we’re saying is, Blizzard should have left transfers open for a little additional time. Especially after having just did a mass ban wave in pvp. THOSE PEOPLE didn’t get to transfer. Many guilds are now split up because no everyone got the memo in time when Blizzard announces they’re closing servers on a random Wed at 9pm. People have work, a life, don’t visit the forums often. If they left it open for another 24 hours, that would have given people time to fight the queues and transfer off, but that still does nothing for those currently still banned.

I take it you don’t have a job that you are able to troll the forums all day. Can’t name a guild member I play with that does not work. So as people got off work they transferred for the past 24hours.

1 Like

Tbf, they had only 24 hours and most people were at work for the announcement.
You legitimately had only so much time to pack up and run especially if you’re in a server with a huge queue with mail stuck or something. It’s a mess from hell no matter how you slice it.

From CS

Verendmos

at 15:58, Sep 8:

Well that is why I was saying to hang tight to see if we can get something set up to help set up free moves to the new server to allow you guys to reconnect there without paying for anything, that may take a little time though

They will make it up when dragon isle is released and when the games show up on the microsoft pass thing. Your wish for blizzs doom is denied.