My God! Blizzard actually did it!

Glad for you, but cries in paladin.

Can we borrow your class designer for a few weeks?

1 Like

The text color to your class is pink my guy. What were you really expecting? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, Iā€™m looking forward to smashing things in the face with super buffed shield slams with this spec https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/warrior/protection/BPRRVEVFFEFRSoFAFDQAANVVVFBEUFViUVQCBA

1 Like

A semi-competent designer who actually plays the class.

Good thing they are returningā€¦ they were core to Warriors, should have never taken them back

1 Like

I just want to play an arms warrior like it was in mop again.

• Colossus Smash (with no debuff up)
  • Dragon Roar
  • Mortal Strike
  • Execute
  • Overpower
  • Heroic Strike (if 2+ stacks of Taste for Blood)
  • Slam
  • Heroic Strike (0 stacks of Taste for Blood)
  • Colossus Smash (with debuff up, no other abilities available, and no rage for Slam or Heroic Strike)

This was the rotation back then I think Colossus Smash was drastically different then and Dragon Roar hit harder.

This is my opinion, while Iā€™m still waiting to see the full Warlock Tree I know a lot will change before launch, donā€™t get me wrong though Iā€™m actually happy Blizzard is consistently changing the Alpha trees on feedback, I think itā€™s great.

My Two Mains are Warlock & Shaman, if both end up lackluster by launch Iā€™ll definitely be going Dracythr. But who knows what will happen in the months to come :grin:.

There is definitely a lot of cool looking stuff there, but I have some concerns too.

I would definitely not like to see a return of the old ā€œyou MUST be in stance X to use ability Yā€ restrictions. So far it looks like that is not coming back, theyā€™re just a set of buffs that you choose between, which I expect will result in Prot being in Defensive nearly 100% (except maybe in trivial content? If it doesnā€™t lock you out of core Prot abilities you could just decide ā€œthis thing is too weak to kill me anywayā€) and the DPS specs using it as a defensive and then going back to their max DPS stance.

Iā€™m not happy with the idea of talents that only work with a specific weapon setup, though. Talents should be about how you want to play your character ā€“ are you focusing more on your DoTs (if you have them), for example, I love the idea of a Rend focused build. Weapon types arenā€™t really a playstyle choice, you can only use weapons you actually have (at a respectable ilvl, too).

It would feel bad to be locked out of a talent you would like (or that is just OP) because you donā€™t have the right gear for it (isnā€™t this exactly what so many people complained about with Legion legendaries and Azerite?), and it would also feel bad to change gear and then have to change talents as a result (which is also a trap, if you forget youā€™re just weaker for no good reason, which no other class has to put up with).

Worse, some of the weapon-specific talents have other things under them! Increased Raging Blow damage isnā€™t super exciting, but if you really want it while using Single-Minded Fury, you have to waste a point on Titanā€™s Grip even if youā€™re not using it, which I donā€™t like.

I donā€™t hate the top-tier Arms choice node as a choice node, just uncouple it from weapons and choose between Improved Colossus Smash and Critical Execution. SMF/TG has historically been a more difficult point but ideally I think they should just be baseline passives and have all Fury talents function independently of what weapons youā€™re using.

What changed? Seemed mostly fine last time I was on alpha.

Well, the Shaman trees were flat out busted. You have to admit you were flooded in Utility.
Fun for one, not fun for anyone else.

Iā€™m a one trick pony ā€“ one class, one spec; soā€¦ Arms! lol

1 Like

Too bad the changes they just made in the warrior trees are almost universally bad. Iā€™m so pissed at Blizzard right now

1 Like

Oh you sweet, sweet summer childā€¦ Call me in a couple of monthsā€¦ Lets talk then.

Funpolice: fun is NOT allowed!!

Wait, so we can sword and board dps again?

Im fine with the changes but then again I am not a min/maxer. I just want to be able to feel like I get to sit at the adult table and have to sit at the kiddy table

Well depending on what you want to play, things like taking die by the sword away from fury is them trying to put us at the kiddy table.

All depends on how the overall feel of the class is due to other changes or additions. Does it wind up being ā€œa washā€ so to speak.

Unless you are in alpha get ā€œliveā€ and what you think you know out of your head. ALL classes are getting a rework

There is so much other crap, such as negating our ability to take pain and gain because storm bolt is necessary. Just make storm bolt baseline and then pain and gain is actually a choice. They also said in their blue post that they plan on titans grip to be optimal in all content. WTF is the point in making a single minded fury build path if you are just going to make it inferior? These are the kinds of things that show they donā€™t use their brains.

Agian. To Repeat.

ā€œUnless you are in alpha get ā€œliveā€ and what you think you know out of your head. ALL classes are getting a reworkā€ So its all about what they are taking from others too or adding. How the over balance feels.

Also its Alpha.