My experience with rated bgs in the 1500 bracket

Claw your way up to 1570. Then gatekeeped by boosters, 1600 (at min) to 2100+ geared players. Tank rating and re-queue ad nauseam to high 1500s before tanking again. Win 10 points for a game. Lose 16 for a loss.

I’m not sure how to get over this hurdle. Yes, skill matters. Yes, comms matter. But I sincerely doubt the other teams aren’t also skilled with comms.

It feels demoralizing to see the entire enemy team in 40k hp vs people in 33k hp at best. And yes, 33-34k hp is around the gear level you are supposed to be at in the 1500 bracket.

11 Likes

play the game without caring about rank/rating and you’ll have alot more fun. nobody on these forums are wintrading with top teams so relax.

2 Likes

If I wanted to do that I’d just play in random bgs.

1 Like

You struggle to overcome your hurdle because instead of trying to fix the real problems you want to pretend you are being 1600 gatekeeped. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Boosters aren’t playing at your mmr. You’re gatekeept by your lack of ability and teammates.

Now if you were like 1900 cr, you’d probably have a point.

2 Likes

i’m sorry all the trolls decided to reply in your thread. better luck for the next one

10 Likes

You need to be more strict about the CR/mmr of your teammates.

5 Likes

It’s definitely not boosters at 1500 - boosters will generally keep their MMR high so they can skyrocket their carries rating within as few games as possible.

You’ve reached Knight-Captain on a character this season already - so you do have experience enough to get the 220 ilvl gear. When you inch around the high 1500s, the matchmaking system will shove you against a 1600 team or two that will, if you win, put you over 1600 (which is obviously a bit hard to do when there’s the gear breakpoint at this rating).

If the rest of your team is lower CR than you, and you lose, your rating will tank pretty hard, and your wins will net minimal gains. You’re in the matchmaking sweetspot that just makes your experience miserable, so you need to really play with other people whose ratings and MMR are a solid match to you, or higher than yours.

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely a personal mmr issue. Most I’ve ever lost was 18 and that’s because at 2500 we lost to a 2100 team somehow. That shouldn’t be happening unless you’re losing to 1200 teams at 1500 mmr.

1 Like

You call me a troll because you don’t like to accept the truth. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Those guys aren’t trolls, though, they’re people who have lots of toons that have been climbing rating all season. I’m not even as good as they are and I’ve got toons at 2150, 1950, 1650, and 1450 atm, mostly out of LFG.

I got my 3rd 1600 this season playing with extremely undergeared players on new alts, one of our disc priests legit had 23K HP, and almost everyone was under 30k HP. Now that’s me, a first season pvp player out of LFG. Imagine what a group of good players with synergy could accomplish.

Boosters aren’t keeping anyone from hitting 1600, or any other rating. You aren’t playing PVP gods carrying every match.

2 Likes

they are trolls. you can have your opinion tho

3 Likes

I mean, they’re maintaining that people can hit 1600 and explaining the issue they’re having. What’s troll about that?

2 Likes

I did manage to hit 1600 just now.

That being said I have played many RBG games this season between my two toons. Not once have I seen a 23k hp combined with under 30k hp team at or near the 1600 benchmark and beyond.

If you want to embellish a story at least make it believable.

The gear bracket separators are horrid. I won’t change my stance on that. All things equal between skill/comms/coordination–the team with the higher ilvl will have the advantage.

2 Likes

I want the op to succeed. I’m going to be upfront that i disagree with their thought process.

I have an alt right now that I’m not playing with friends with and pretty much pugging lfg that is in the 1500 range.

I have lost quite a few games, and I can say the failure isn’t from being gatekeeped. It’s literally massively disorganized players that seem to be very inexperienced.

I joined one group that was apparently on a 4 game lose streak and the mmr was pretty low. I lost 18 points from that one.

Pretty much everyone here gave proper information other than you. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

And that is why it feels like purgatory.

You don’t really get access to coordinated groups until you reach 1600 unless you have a network of people willing to bring you. Few if any 1600 groups will consider someone in combatant gear. Yet, you still have to fight challengers with unorganized 1500 players to get to 1600.

Getting to 1800 is still fairly difficult but at least people are more frequently organized and communicating from 1600 onward.

2 Likes

Yeah I typically don’t do low cr lfg and I’m usually in alt groups with friends at these levels.

The experience is so different it’s like I’m playing a different game.

1 Like

The priest’s name was shaqx from tichondrius, feel free to look up the armory, he’s still 175ilvl at 14-1600 cr. (My alt I was playing with him on is gunfighter-tichondrius) It’s not nice to call people liars just because you can’t fathom people can climb higher than you on alts.

Grats on 1600.

2 Likes

You claim to know what his real problem is but you didn’t state what the problem was. You should state exactly what you think his problem is and provide evidence to back up your claim.

4 Likes

Actually I did. :slight_smile:

Thanks for joining this thread while providing 0 information to the actual topic. And you guys call me a troll. :upside_down_face: