My experience with Blizzard Customer Support and their Report system

Hello,

I would like to tell my poor experience with this company. A lot of tickets treated without respect. How many times are you going to give me automated cut-and-paste replies about how the action was taken in accordance with the code of conduct and won’t be overturned, then refuse to give any evidence?

Since I can’t post links and images, I will leave you a link to an open thread on Reddit where I describe how Blizzard and Customer Support approach their customers. In short, without any respect and in an illegal and outrageous way.

I just want this to stop - there are a lot of players that are such in situation and they are treated in the same way.

Thank you.

Greetings and welcome to Customer Support, not Customer Service. The only way you can provide feedback in regards to your experience is to make use of the surveys that become available after a ticket is closed.

Here on this particular forum - this is a player helping player forum. It is not a place where GMs or Devs frequent. It is only us players just like you, and some lovely SFAs who try and offer insight and suggestions where they can.

Also, this is a forum for World of Warcraft - not Heroes of the Storm. Even more so, this will not gain any traction here in the slightest. I’m sorry you’re feeling unvalued but this isn’t the place for this.

[Edit] And just reading your Reddit post - I’m sorry. Personally I don’t give a rat’s behind about what happens on streams. What you see and what really happens are two entirely different things and are not valid examples of proof to add credence to your travails. Even here on WoW, when someone gets sanctioned, it is rarely for something that happened right before the suspension is applied to the account. It can be something from a few days ago, a few weeks ago, several months ago. Whenever Blizzard finishes their investigations, that’s when punishment is applied.

9 Likes

Against my better judgment, I checked out your reddit topic. So much misinformation, so many erroneous assumptions, and a handful of conspiracy theories. Not just you, OP, but quite a few of those who responded to you.

And above all, I’m confused why this wasn’t posted in the HotS forums, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with WoW.

You should probably consider removing the link, as the page it directs to includes language that violates the forum code of conduct.

12 Likes

All actions you appeal are reviewed by a person, and while the response can be a template, it is not automated.

I know this is a semi new system, where they show you the actions that were given. I am not sure about HoS, maybe it’s not fully implemented yet. I know there was a wow player who backed down here on the forums after reading what was reported and actioned.

All players are treated in the same way, and by the rules of the game you agreed to when you started playing.

10 Likes

If your account is silenced, suspended or banned you can’t make any post on that forum, in my case Heroes of the Storm. I’m not able to post there. I didn’t asked for anyone mercy or abusive attention. And since I can’t post links to show my evidence, It’s obvious that I posted my Reddit thread.

If they really are saying that I broke the rules, being toxic and disrespectful, why aren’t they showing me that?

I bet if you submitted a ticket and explained that the email you received omitted details of the offending activity, they’d be happy to re-send it.

As for why they don’t show you evidence… they aren’t required to. This is Blizzard’s sandbox, not a court of law.

10 Likes

What part of “This is a fairly new thing” is hard to understand? It might not be fully operational or glitching when it’s not showing the exact reason.

Perhaps if you submitted a ticket without any of the hyperbole and only relevant facts and information, you may get a clearer image of what’s going on.

That said, please understand also you can only speak for yourself. It doesn’t matter if you have 50 people who have told you about their similar experiences. You can only speak for yourself. Yours is the only case that matters when you’re speaking to their staff. Not what Jimmy did, not what Bobby did who got it overturned. Only you and you alone.

Oh, and no one is abusing you here. We’re providing you with facts and what we’ve learned with how much time some of us have spent here in this forum trying to help others. You’re going about this incorrectly and we’re telling you that, that’s all.

7 Likes

I did that already, and many times, the result being the same everytime. Replying with a automated cut-and-paste message, closing the ticket and marking it as resolved.

Let’s say that you’re in my situation. Wouldn’t you feel bad if you’re accused you of something you didn’t do? In this case, being punished for abusive chat since you never wrote a single word to your teammates.

I provided clearly evidence that I did nothing wrong. Even their appeal system is proving that I’m right (i.imgur. com/uWZOFJf.png). I also have replays with all of my matches. Do you think that I’m giving “conspiracy stuff” as you’re saying? No, you’re wrong.

I’m going to pull a quote from the linked thread:

So I’m going to go out on a limb and say you did harass someone in chat. You were argumentative with the GM, and one of your bullet points here defends the actions of which you are accused of as “frankly not bad chat” (which is confusing because you claim you didn’t say anything to anyone so how would you know how ‘bad’ the thing you didn’t do was?).

8 Likes

No, it’s not. It’s showing a blank box that might be a glitch. Just because it’s not showing you what the issue was, doesn’t mean there wasn’t something you did that merited the sanction.

Again I’ll say - you posting here will accomplish nothing. WoW people do not ‘pass along’ things to other departments for other games. Even if they did? The Blues in this forum are not those people who have ANYTHING to do with the sanctioning of players.

I don’t know if you broke their rules. I don’t particularly care either way because I’m not privy to the information that they’re using to see what’s what. You’re actually breaking the rules in just posting this, to be perfectly honest. It’s against the CoC to try and debate tickets and rulings here on the forums, so if this post ends up deleted, it’s not you being silenced. It’s them correcting the misinformation being spread and closing something that shouldn’t have been posted here.

2 Likes

The only way to appeal account actions is through the ticketing system.

automated cut-and-paste replies

Using form letters does not make them automated. Form letters are used as a way to give every player the same information. It does not mean the process is automated.

I’ve checked the relevant parts of the EULA. There is no mention of any particularities with the license in the EU.

When Blizzard first announced the Silence penalty, they stated that silences will only be applied ‘after investigation’, yet there is plenty of evidence that the system seems to be entirely automated and arbitrarily slaps players with silence penalties after they’ve been reported an arbitrary number of times.

The “automated” system is not the “Silence” system. It is the “squelch” system. That was added back when the right-click-report system was implemented. It is there to immediately silence an account if there are a lot of reports in a short period of time. It was intended to help mute gold-sellers. Most players were not aware this system existed until a streamer “tested” it by having his fans report his comment “I love WoW”. He was actioned for abusing the system, not because of the statement reported. If you are going to use examples, get your facts straight first.

as long as you don’t receive a lot of reports.

A Code of Conduct (language, gold-selling, RMT) violation only requires one report. Spamming requires more reports. Again, you need to get your facts straight first.

You then mention the playerbase declining. You don’t know that. You don’t have the numbers. It’s just hyperbole that suits your narrative. It’s a lame argument given when the one putting it forward has no real facts to present. It’s fluff to try and make the issue seem bigger than it actually is.

They have even been locking threads on the official forums that have raised complaints about the system.

When posted in Customer Support, the threads are locked because it is not the correct place to give feedback on the systems. The Devs don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

they’ve claimed that the system was a success.

It is. And it’s all thanks to the previously mentioned streamer that showed to everyone that something actually happens if you use the right-click-report system. Public chat channels contain a lot less offensive chat since it is so easy to report.

11 Likes

So, Kames.

You are currently suspended till 12/20. I see you also have an open ticket.

This was based not on what you said, but what you were doing. And it was reported a LOT - by many players, over several days.

You are welcome to leave your current ticket open, but I really doubt this will be overturned. Going forward, just keep in mind that if others perceive you using tools to be purposefully disruptive, you may well get reported. This isn’t very common, but yes - spamming is spamming whether it is words or not.

21 Likes