My Classic Shaman build

I need some thoughts on my Shaman built I have for PVE. It’s a melee shaman build with totems and shock spells

Hi Thruld,

You might have better luck getting feedback on the classic forums but I can try to help you out.

What exactly are you looking to do with this build? PvP / PvE Dungeons / Raiding / etc?

That will help out a bit figuring what you should be speccing into.

Is this a troll post? There is one of these in each class forum.

Also, hands down, drop Parry and Imp. Fire Totems for more white damage via Weapon Mastery. I also prefer the Resto build over the Ele build personally, but both are valid.

Typically, you don’t want to go in to the elemental tree.
Knowing what you want to do does help immensely, as there are mana builds, offtank builds, pure dps builds, and utility builds.

Your typical dps raid build would be this:

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman/-5005022105023051-0510530105/1ADhGKPNrsffrrrr2BEFhcK

This gives you +3% hit from resto tree, cheaper totem costs, with more mana regen, which allows you to throw some shocks in to your rotation without oom’ing (used sparingly).

In a raid however, you may not be able to use stormstrike, so in some cases you’ll drop that and pick up either nature’s swiftness for instant heals / lightning bolts, or 2/2 reincarnation.

Elemental is good if you plan to take it all the way to Elemental Devastation and be the grenade spec, where you pop it off right after a windfury.

But it will die much more in pvp, and won’t play as solidly as a melee as sub-spec resto.

2 Likes

Elemental flurry is my dream spec in classic. Get clear casting and devestation and go down to flurry to spam shocks hoping for a crit for +9 crit and occasionally free big cast. Pve use frost and flame at low ranks, pve just chuck big shock and swing fat windfury. I’ll miss it much when tbc comes out.