My changes id make to mw monk

These are simply my personal changes id do to the spec to fix some of its issues.

REVIVAL - add an affect that puts renewing mist on all targets for 50% of its duration.

VIVIFY - heals all targets with your any of your hots on them not just rem. The numbers can be tuned down to balance it out.

STATUE - baseline

ESSENCE FONT - instant cast, no channel. Instead of coming from the monk. Make it a reticule like barrier or healing rain. Same affects inside the area. 40yd.

LIFE COCOON - 2 charges.

SOOTHING MIST - off gcd and does not break on rem use.

MASTERY - either make ALL monk heals affected by mastery or change it.

The change to monks mastery id make is two fold.

1. Add a passive to mastery the causes a % of your dmg to heal all targets with your hots on them.

(Crane would need to be adjusted to compensate)

1. Your hots have a % chance (based on mastery) to heal twice per tick.

Monks have a number of hots. It should be embraced.

4 Likes

Meh, MWs already have strong throughput, I think we need more raid utility.

Nope

The reason mw has been the worst raiding spec for a long time is simply due to lack of good throughput

Blizzard, just bring back uplift. Revert that terrible 7.0 change and go back to WoD. I would rather have our WoD style of healing over current MW any day. I’ll take anything at this point except more meaningless hot healing. We need to get away from this essence font disaster mess.

Give MW chi back as well. Not that hard. Do something blizzard.

2 Likes

They were pretty good in BoD, decent in EP, and brokenly good in Nyalotha til Blizzard neutered haste/RM spec.

They were easily ahead of RShams in througput, but RShams were still preferred over MWs because of their utility.

More like god awful in EP, and only good in Nyalotha due to corruption abuse. They were decent in uldir and bod, and then the other specs got several buffs in every patch. Convenient…

Also complete trash for the entirety of legion.

Throughput can always be adjusted with a knob, utility is priceless. I’d rather have unique utility like spirit link/aura mastery than just getting a healing buff.

Think of it this way, which do you think would make the MW better for the raid:

A flat throughput buff that increases their HPS by 10%.

or

An AoE Way of the Crane for the raid that lasts 5 seconds on a 3min CD that increases their overall HPS by about the same amount.

They both increase your HPS but one is infinitely more useful than the other.

The latter would definitely not end up in a 10% hps gain lol

The former is simply better here.

If mw gets a random +10% hps buff they’re literally a good spec performance wise.

You’re talking semantics now. The point stands.

?? what semantics?

Literally just said the former is better in your example

This isn’t even up for a debate, you’re 100% wrong. An ability that makes the entire raid almost immune to death for 5 seconds is a lot more useful than the same amount of healing spread over a 7 min fight.

That’s just not true

It’s just another revival at this point

You forgot about the DPS buff and mobility immunity.

Ok so now Wotc would give the raid a 25% physical damage buff in your example?

In that case it’s better then, still not a higher hps option regardless

The HPS was hypothetical argument to show as an example. Would it be easier to understand if I had said if you’d rather do 100k more healing over 7 min or 100k more healing over the course of using 3 Raid WotCs during the encounter?

I mean talking about hypothetical hps or hypothetical raw healing, it’s the same result, kinda getting away from the original argument at this point

Raid utility is quite overrated these days, they only matter in the crucial first weeks of progression when gear ilvl is lower overall, and that is only on a very very few select bosses.
For Barrier, it has only been close to mandatory on 2 bosses in EP for this expansion. Similar for SLT. Devo is just busted because it also has a passive option, which they’re giving to all specs in Shadowlands, effectively making holy paladins much weaker in that regard.

I mean, that’s really all the matters though, right? Once the bosses are on farm, then who cares.

People been crying over BrMs for the last 2-3 years because they’re the most OP progression tanks. They are actually one of the weaker farm tanks once everyone gets geared out, but people only concentrate on their progression strength.

It matters to the guilds who get to the relevant bosses quickly enough, these guilds will require the best classes regardless.

Strictly performance wise, mw just needs a solid flat % healing buff to be a good spec. If the spec randomly gets a “utility” cd that is only useful on 1 or 2 bosses in the entire expansion, while its throughput is untouched, you can be sure it’s gonna remain on the bench.

Now gameplay wise it’s another topic considering the failure of the 7.0 rework.

They are only weaker if there is other monks in the raid. BrM is the less bad of the monk specs to bring for Mystic Touch.

Shamans already proved that this isn’t really true. They are at the bottom of the throughput for most of the expansion and still taken over MWs/RDrus which had more throughput simply because of their utility.

Not during prog when one of their stats (mastery) is allowed to do something when the current tier isn’t over-nerfed, making their throughput quite competitive.