My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

I laughed so damn hard.

There’s 3 versions of purple elves in the game. I find it extremely strange if your focus is on looks that you’re okay with 3 versions of purple skin elves but seemingly think Blizzard can’t create various versions of fair skin elves.

5 Likes

I’m thinking the DK is Homer and the draenai is the pie that just came out of the oven.

Because draenai are hot.

Wow, that was not nearly close to what he was referring to and you know it.
Try again.

Would smash with my Apocalypse.

re-read his post reply to the person he replied to, who said High Elf fans have made it abundantly clear all the things they don’t want playable High Elves to share with Blood Elves.

His response is focused on the looks.

You try again with reading comprehension. That was a big fail.

2 Likes

Because they literally took blood elves, dosed them with the void, and made them alliance 5 minutes ago. Youre okay with that because they arent pale skinned with blonde hair… but they literally stole from blood elves to make them.

Here we are asking for something that never belonged to the horde and you cant get beyond skin color.

The world did not stop turning with Pandaren, despite the fact that they actually do look identical.

There is literally more seperation between high elves and blood elves than there is between void elves and blood elves.

6 Likes

Simple having 3 purple skin elves don’t cause any issue with faction identity that two fair skin elves would imply.
/sarcasm

How would 2 fair skin elves imply issues with faction identity when 3 purple elves do not?

1 Like

Sweet, we’re doing this game again? You know, where you go “your reading comprehension is bad.”, in spite of the fact it was pointed you were being terribly dishonest as to his point?

You know…how high elves and blood elves look the same.
You then come in and say “you don’t have issues with purple elves.”

When all three of those purple elves were designed not to look like the other.
oh, but its my reading comprehension that is bad, not the fact that you responded in a way which was entirely inappropriate and intentionally dishonest for the sake of trying a whole “gotcha.” tactic.

yeah, cool, try again without the constant dishonesty for which you are known.
You know, where you acknowledge what is actually written instead of what you wish was written.

2 Likes

It is because the original post which Hecatone is replying to literally points out what High Elf fans have made abundantly clear that they don’t want shared with Blood Elves. Which is the same thing as in your quote, designing playable High Elves “not to look like the other”.

All you’re doing is repeating yourself without pointing out how I am being “terribly dishonest”.

• The guy listed various things High Elf fans don’t want shared with Blood Elves
  • Hecatone replies with “but they look the same”
  • I reply with a question of how can 3 purple elves not be an issue, but an extra fair skin elf be if one is focused on looks which is all Hecatone’s reply is

You keep saying I’m being terribly dishonest up here ^ but don’t explain where or when. You’re just labeling with no explanation.

6 Likes

Oh yeah mate, bit taller and some blue tattoos and they look like day and night. Nothing like each other.

2 Likes

Woah woah, hold on, whoever said I that the void elf design was satisfactory? I mean, hell, they’re one of the best looking allied races and had the least amount of work put into them despite the lore stating they are an entirely new race as a result oft he void changing them.

Aesthetics is extremely important, and given the fact that both blood elves and high elves are the same race it is implausible to request such a thing given the two are the same race under different faction titles. you are requesting something that has never been done in WoW. of course there would be extreme friction, especially when you have void elves implemented in the game already with the same model.

Again, ignoring context.
Pandaren were designed to be neutral. HIgh elves and blood elves were not. Instead of clinging to such a flawed argument simply come up with a different one?

Nope.
Appearance wise? only eye color is different, and that is because high elves were not around the fel crystals in silver moon, they were around tons of fel in outland though which makes no sense but hey I’ll ignore that plot hole.

Culturally? They don’t like the idea of mana tapping creatures.
The thing is though, the blood elves did not enjoy the idea and were regretful of the notion.

Now one of the new arguments is that blood elf society looks down upon the rangers. This doesn’t really work well considering the ranger general oppsoed Lorthemar when Vareessa came to silvermoon with the intent of protecting the city to which she claimed as home. Clearly in terms of politics and respect the farsttrider’s still command it.

Void elves are different from blood elves racially, at a base level which high elves do not possess.

Furthermore, instituting high elves would be harmful in two ways to both factions
For one, it would make the presence of void elves redundant for the alliance. This would not be a good thing. Each race is meant to be unique, even the allied races like LF dranei and Hmt auren (gags).

Second, it would place appearance options out of the hands of Horde players despite the fact that blood elves are the core race. An unprecedented action in WoW. This alone would cause intense friction within the community. Look at the discussion alone it becomes quite volatile.

One second

Literally within the same post dude.
I pointed out the fact that your comparison was grossly inaccurate because the coloration of the elves is not applicable to Hecatone’s statement about looks. You then proceed, within this very same post, to re-iterate the same disingenuous response that I pointed at as improper.

Perhaps if you improved your reading comprehension it would become clear to you? I am not one to often throw back the casual banter one offers to me, but in this aspect, I find it particularly ironic.

Three purple elves=/= two fair elves.
The context is different, and you knew that was the intent which is why you responded in such a ridiculous fashion. The fact a second poster also pointed this out should hint to you that you clearly erred in some way. Clearly you should re-evaluate the responses you give to people.

4 Likes

Another part of this, which is where I think you’re being dishonest, is that every Allied Race has gotten a redesign (in some form) when they become playable.

For instance we did not just receive “Dark Iron Dwarves” as they are in NPC form. Blizzard gave them a more refined, high fidelity look, added new customizations, skin colors, tattoos, etc.

Same thing for when it came to Nightborne. We didn’t get Nightborne “as is” with how we see their NPCs. Something which funnily enough, people are upset about and Blizzard has kowtowed to it stating yeah Nightborne need a brush up (to basically be like their NPCs lol).

How dishonest is it then to think if playable High Elves are added, they would be implemented “as is” when no Allied Race has been given that treatment, and how much weirder is it that particularly for Nightborne people actually wanted the “NPC version” and there seems to be people in agreement with it within the community, as well as Blizzard.

2 Likes

Nightborne are just “bit skinnier with some white tattoos” and apparently people do consider them day and night from Night Elves. Both are still purple elves.

6 Likes

You’re not explaining anything, you’re just saying stuff. Feel free to think you’ve win, I’m not gonna continue this thread of conversation.

Are you talking about Ruterot? He just made the point look worse for opposers.

You’re trying to use the word against me now, but you’re using it improperly. In what way have I been dishonest? I have addressed this same argument before which is tiresome and old.

The argument of “well they can make them look different if they are an allied race.” is a weak argument for several different reasons. The very first one is the very fact that the blood elf race and high elf race are the same race. As such, any different customization options made available to blood elves would also be present within high elves. mind you, all those elves are within the same large generation from WC2 up to current times.

As such, there is no lack of representation of features to that race as seen in the Dark iron dwarves. The high elf race is represented in its options through the blood elves and their various appearances tha are different cant be seen through the NPC’s as well.

So there isn’t a case of “well if they are an allied race they can look different.”
The current case is that we already know how they look, and how varied they can look, so why would they suddenly have appearances that were never seen before that are not shown in the blood elf race despite sharing the same origins?

Vareesa said it herself “Quel’thalas is my home too.”, the high elf people don’t see themselves as a different race or anything like that from blood elves. They see themselves as disagreeing on key issues but they don’t separate themselves in the ways that those who want them playable do. It wouldn’t make any sense considering many of those elves grew up with their blood elf kin.

That is because the nightborne aren’t quite the same as high elves. Remember, at the base level blood elves and high elves are the same race. Thalassian elves.
The nightborne needed to have those customization options because there was no playable variant at the time. This is why the differences in NPC’s is much lesser compared to those of the high elves.

Blizzard’s response was in terms of the nightborne because the quality of the race was poor. The context of that response is different, and you shouldn’t try to apply it towards the high elves, whose people are playable in the blood elf version.
The circumstances are different. This doesn’t make a dishonest argument, it simply makes it a flawed one.
Dishonest means you are being insincere in your response. That you know there was another intent behind the words in an obvious way that could not be misconstrued but did so anyway.

High elves are represented in their variations through blood elves and their NPC’s such as Alleria, Vareesa, and Lorthemar. They wouldn’t manifest tattoos suddenly without their blood elven kin also manifesting it because remember, they have the same originating culture.

“I don’t like what you’re saying, but now I am going to drop a passive aggressive remark about letting you feel like you’re winning while leaving to feel liek I am winning.”

Dude, there are better ways to do it. I’ll show you.

No, I was not. He is the third though.
Here is a proper way to exit and still get a win, like you tried to do.

I know you need the last word, so I will give it to you.
I know you’re going to claim I am being dishonest, or that I am just typing words, so feel free to not respond.

You’re welcome.

5 Likes

Well get a pair of glasses, cause they have been part of the Alliance since Classic, and they still are. They’re just not a playable option.

3 Likes

This is not done between the other Dwarven, Human, Orc, Tauren, Draenei, Troll pairs of races so you’re not backing this up with any concrete evidence. Do Mag’har share the same hairstyles with Orgrimmar Orcs? Kul Tirans with Stormwindians? Bronzebeards with Dark Irons?

If there is no proof of this, you have nothing other than your own opinion (backed up by nothing).

Nah man, it’s a way of saying I’m not going to continue a back and forth going nowhere, that’s not a conducive discussion. And feel free to think you’ve won, because it’s not something I care about.

Which it seems you do.

Again, saying and not explaining. Thanks at least for having the decency to not continue.

3 Likes

It’s also a weak argument because every player’s opinion is equal. So just his word doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

My argument for not having high elves.

we have 4 elf races already

and Belfs are the most popular race of the horde.

we have enough

please stop.

2 Likes