My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

What I don’t really understand from the helfers, is if they dont feel this affects the horde, why spend so much energy trying to get our buy in for high elves?

Don’t worry, we’ve seen them. Maybe make them more - purple? Those tattoos and hairstyles would make a great Blood Elf update.

Look, as an alliance player, I don’t want banal elves. I want something that makes the alliance more interesting. The Alliance is too dull, make it more vibrant.

6 Likes

High elves and blood elves have always been the same race.

2 Likes

My mistake. All three of them are Horde, my bad.

2 Likes

I’m still curious how they would feel about High Elves on the Horde like the other copy paste allied races.

hear hear, that’s why i don’t post in these threads on my belf alt

2 Likes

I know… At first I was all, “Elves? Be an elf!”. It just feels dishonest to change it up on them now.

The problem is they don’t have to be from the same group politically.
One group went one way. The other there own

Having two groups that close to each other psychically and differ mentally could be great for the story.

IMO better than Light bad Void good anyway.

How would you feel about them joining the Horde? Not as Blood Elves but as a High Elf allied race.

There’s a long story arc about them falling out with the Alliance because of Void Elves and Night Elves were mean to them or something. It doesn’t matter the specifics, it’s a hypothetical.

It would be redundant and I would be disappointed, but would not hate it.

Just the Alliance shooting themselves in the foot and losing another race to the Horde is getting tiresome.

2 Likes

could go along with wildhammer on the alliance, that way both sides would be getting something not particularly unique

2 Likes

I would still be against it simply for the fact void elves exist.,

Read him like a book from start to finish. ooph

So is it that there would be to many Elf races, or something else?

I explained why in the post above the preceding one you quoted.

All allied races belong to a race already established including nightborne and void elves which are on opposite sides of their parent race. Then we have pandaren.

It doesnt eliminate high elves on alliance as a possibility.

4 Likes

Nothing eliminates it as a possibility and you can rationalize it however you like. I will continue to ask that blizz not do this for the reasons i mentioned above.

3 Likes

and I’ll likewise continue to ask that Blizz does add it.

9 Likes

Have you ever considered the circumstances regarding the allied races that remain with their parent race vs the two that did not?
Did you ever consider the fact that for the latter, lore was written to justify the differences to the point they would be considered an unrelated race?
Why is it that despite these considerations you then try to attribute high elves as one and the same in circumstance?

it seems dishonest to state “well since this happened, that is a possibility” while completely ignoring the context which enabled the event to occur.

1 Like
2 Likes