My apology to the Horde (8.2.5 spoilers)

for having PS2 era art direction and apparently hoverboards and a physics system for them, i put in no time and i have only myself to blame

I don’t like fighting :frowning:
how about we all have a group hug instead?

i do like fighting

1v1 me Quake

Honestly? If the test servers manage to make it so housing works, that’s all I’m going to do. I spent so much time building settings for RP plots, it’s the most peaceful, relaxing thing I’ve ever done in an MMO.

If they had pushed housing more than hardcore raiding, I think they might have stood a chance in retaining a solid player base.

1 Like

The test server I’m in currently has most housing features. You can place decor items, add plugs to your housing plot, change the lighting/ground/music. I think the only important thing you cannot still do is actually go inside your house, because the door is an interactable that teleports you to a different “indoor” space and interactables aren’t implemented yet. But I’ve been building a mansion on the surface with just building blocks and decor items and it’s just as much fun as I remember.

2 Likes

For Wildstar to have succeeded Carbine would have needed to fire their entire management team into the sun.

4 Likes

I’d honestly suggest that the sun’s a bit too close and there’s enough room for error that they’d survive.

2 Likes

Black Holes exist.

1 Like

I honestly hope this -is- the final war. Peace. I’m sick of the Escalation. The War of Thorns was the official jumping of the shark imo. I’m done with the war, I don’t want to watch more atrocities. I want to see what Blizz can write now besides a cyclical war of desensitizing war crimes.

9 Likes

But…but…but the War in Warcraft.

2 Likes

what about the craft in warcraft

blizzard stop ****ing up professions

15 Likes

you ever think about how to make the Mecha Mogul and cry a little

Ideally, 9.0 will have the Horde scrupulously avoid antagonising anything while trying to rebuild their internal bonds and doing a helluva lot of soul-searching on what it truly means to be ‘The Horde’ after Thrall, Garrosh, Vol’jin and Sylvanas have revealed new facets of the Horde’s existence under their respective leaderships.

The Alliance, however, I want to see roiling with civil strife. The Night Elves and Worgen raging against the Alliance not retaking Kalimdor. The Humans shooting back over being the ones to have to sacrifice even more of their people for ‘other nations’ fights time and time again. The Gnomes being more interesting in Mechagon and the hints that there might be more of their kind scattered across Azeroth than they could dream of, the Dwarves becoming leery of being bled dry, financially speaking, supporting the rest of the Alliance and the Draenei, the Ren’dorei and the Lightforged being the only ones bothering to focus both on the increasing Void presence on Azeroth and the information gleaned from Mag’har ‘prisoners’ taken during the War of Blood that points to a new, rogue Army of Light in another timeline that could easily come to Azeroth and kick things off into another world war, especially with many Lightforged being horrified at the concept of Lightbinding, seeing it as a perversion of the holy ritual that created themselves, while the Ren’dorei are more horrified at the thought of the Light being used to create mass-produced slave-soldiers similar to what the whispers of the Void they have to deal with have been saying.

For the Alliance PCs, their role involves picking sides, or getting people back to the table and talking to each other rationally, making sure supplies are going to where they need to be and ‘Robber Barons’ aren’t hijacking supplies to resell at inflated values, dealing with lingering holdouts of Pro-Sylvanas troops left in hidden regions of the Eastern Kingdoms, assisting Worgen and Night Elf civilians and refugees resettle Duskwood, Westfall and Redridge, with many Night Elves choosing to resettle in Duskwood, much to the ire of the former High Priestess who wants every Kaldorei to pick up a weapon and retake their ancestral home no matter the cost, while the Worgen choose to spearhead a resettlement in Westfall and Redridge, with the Human Gilneans effectively turning Redridge into ‘Little Gilneas’ after ousting the mayor after revealing he has been siphoning money from all the bridge-building programs in the region to fund some less than patriotic personal projects, and the infected Gilneans choosing to head to Westfall, taking over the old Defias-held towns and mines for themselves, where they can not only keep watch over the Jungle Trolls to the south, but can quickly move to the aid of their Night Elven allies in Duskwood.

As the campaign progresses, I’d love to see phasing used to make players re-explore the Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdom, Northrend and Pandaria maps, to see what has changed and what our actions have wrought, rather than ‘go to an entirely new landmass and ruin things there, then never go back again’ that we’ve had for the past fifteen years.

I choked laughing.

I’m wondering where all these hardline calls for the Alliance to become the warmonger faction are coming from.

I get the desire to have the Alliance be the one to stir up trouble (I share the sentiment), but… gestures vaguely toward the entirety of Warcraft outside of WC3

If they didn’t change it before, why would they change it now?

1 Like

i’m going to hardline call for the alliance to become the aloof but sensitive goth faction and for the horde to become the brash but ultimately goodhearted jock faction

4 Likes

So we’re basically gonna be dudebros?

“STRENGTH AND HONOR to my boy Romero over there, in the back! HUU!”

3 Likes

Our revenge will come when the Horde sees us take off our glasses and let down our hair for the first time and realize the true beauty was inside us all along.

Then they’ll have to go on a zany adventure to earn back our favor. Probably involving musical numbers about how we’re not right for each other, but we just can’t stay away.

6 Likes

If WoW ends with a High School Musical-esque finale, I will flip a table, jump on said table, and do the most awkward dance I can with hooves.

Idk about zany adventures, but it might make for a more diverse Goldshire population on MG.