My apology to the Horde (8.2.5 spoilers)

ok but I want a cape that lets me fly

1 Like

So a friend of mine bought me time and I figured, hey why not.

So I’ve logged in on 2 seperate occasions and lasted about 30 minutes before logging off.

All this to say that I’m not sure there’s anything that they could announce that will bring me back to this game on a more permanent basis.

1 Like

Things that would get me back at least temporarily:

• New race announced, because I’m a shamefully cheap date.
  • Complete world revamp. Not just taking another run at Cataclysm where they redo all of the zones, but changing the very way that Blizzard thinks about zones and abandoning their practice of adding arbitrary continents with every single expansion while the old world is hollowed out and left to rot for ten years. Follow that inspiration from Arathi and Darkshore. Make the world feel like it matters.
  • Player housing and/or guild halls. Oh my god how is this even still a thing, just do it already you cowards
7 Likes

Because they gave us garrisons, which is not what we asked for, and said “Close enough, you have it, don’t you hate it???”

5 Likes

Youthinkyouwantitbutyoudon’t

6 Likes

my retort to Blizz:

“You think you want to make a good game but you don’t”

4 Likes

Every so often, I’ll let my mind wander about how easily Blizzard could add little decorations to old content as loot. Go farm an old raid and get cute little trophies to hang up in your hypothetical WoW house

then I suddenly remember that they already did with the jukebox music rolls

2 Likes

its great how the customizable player housing aspect of Garrisons was totally abandoned and never really developed in the first place but they’re all too happy to keep giving us mission tables

7 Likes

I think I’m being pretty fair when I say talk from Blizzard is pretty worthless at this point.

Like, even if I could excuse the hype that comes from drinking the company Kool-Aid, there’s just been too much failure on their part. Alpha and Beta rolled past without them giving them slightest heed to the ample amounts of customer feedback. They’ve shut off all communication from the company itself that doesn’t have Kool-Aid stains on it.

But honestly? It’s the lies. They bothered me a lot.

First it was Teldrassil. Then it was Sylvanas. Then it was “this isn’t a MoP replay, guys, never mind that Jaina and Lor’themar put their differences aside again to fight another evil!”

I can bring myself to support Blizzard again. But not to trust them.

12 Likes

I think the more Blizzard talks and hypes things up, the worse things get for them.

If I were them, I’d be very conservative right now with talking things up.

“I’m really happy with how things turned out, I hope you guys will be too.”

That’s all you’d get outta me, given their recent track record.

5 Likes

I was extremely critical of Cataclysm, but they did one thing that really earned back a lot of trust from me and that was their postmortem.

They were thoroughly self-reflective and humble, willing to admit that basically nothing they had wanted had gone right, even though they tried their best.

We aren’t critical just because it’s fun to bash on Blizzard. We’re critical because we want to know how these problems are going to be addressed. To me, being able to say “I tried and failed” is infinitely more professional and creatively honest than just “no one understood what I was trying to do.”

9 Likes

Again. This is the same company that hyped up Diablo Immortal so much they had to come put and say “relax its not Diablo 4”

They have no idea what they are doing.

5 Likes

They also put it at the end of the show, which is like… so insanely tone-deaf to how these events work that it makes my head physically hurt.

3 Likes

Its astonishing how unwilling they are to admit this kind of thing when any game that come out and says “hey we’re sorry, we screwed up X but really want ro make it up to you guys” usually garners a lot of respect from its customers.

Look at both FFXIV and ESO.

6 Likes

Two very well-known properties ending their terrible stories in very similar ways! Its probably just a wild coincidence but still.

3 Likes

I keep seeing missed opportunities.

Some people really liked bfa sad orcs season 1. Why not release a season 2 independent of the game?

Season 2 starts with. What thrall felt watching Last seasons finale. 7 minutes of glorious shirtless man pain.

Ok, this is the quality journalism i come here for.

1 Like

The storyline for B4A reads like it skipped the editor step. You know, the one where the author submits the story to their editor and it’s sent back with red lines through the copy indicating rewrites? That’s what’s missing.

This is the story without editor input.

Either that, or it’s someone’s Nanowrimo project.

7 Likes

Never forgiving FFXIV for not giving us male Viera. Genderlocked races never work out well, and it didn’t work for them when they first launched the game either.

4 Likes

I don’t play FFXIV but I also don’t want to live in a world without bunny boys

3 Likes