My alt needs cosmic flux

Dear Blizzard,

My night Elf druid thanks you and I thank you for this wonderful quality of life.

Love, Enfadosa

1 Like

GAH! We even have supply chain issues in World of Warcraft!

1 Like

I just spit out my drink. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very happy about this, but…

PLEASE ALSO MAKE SANDWORN RELICS ACCOUNT BOUND.

It doesn’t have any impact on the gear chase, as it’s only 246 gear… but it would REALLY help out those of us with lots of alts, who want to get set bonuses on our outdoor/world quest gear. Thank you!

5 Likes

Tax part makes no sense.
About time they did this.
Didnt clueless ion said that this expansion will be better for alts…what? Later at its last season?. Lazy liars

Sandworn relics

Considering there are still 5-6 months of shadowlands, there is still a long time to enjoy the change.

Now if they had included Sandworn Relics too I’d be happy.

2 Likes

Only several months late rather than an entire expansion lifecycle late…

Yet listening to players id why stuff like this is happening in Dragonflight

Game Director Ion Hazzikostas and Principal Narrative Designer Steve Danuser talked to Taliesin and Evitel about Dragonflight in their Twitter Space conversation and here are the highlights.

Interview Highlights

• Dragonflight Alpha is coming soon (without ™).
  • There will be no mission table in Dragonflight.
  • The team’s actively working on moving from borrowed power systems to maintaining evergreen systems, like talents.
  • “Nearly everything in Dragonflight will be account-wide”. This refers to the expansion’s features like Dragonriding and story completion, not necessarily old features/achievements, etc., and not some parts of the new reputations (like gear unlocks).

And since they have used 9.2.5 to work on letting players see less in the test phases (Lordaeron questline for dark ranger mog) like they are planning on doing in DF .

https://oicanadian.com/dragonflight-more-difficult-data-mining-and-less-content-to-test-for-more-surprises-world-of-warcraft/

Why not do the qol stuff sooner then 1 month before next season drops.

Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

I’m just dropping in here to say WoW Classic Era is a fun game and the Horde folks on the NA PvP east coast (the smaller of the NA PVP clusters) would love to see yall’s beautiful faces!

Problem is the flux is for making tier items for bonuses out of non bonus raid gear as well as sandworm relic gear and ZM world boss gear .

Season 4 (what will be those last 5-6 months od SL) we will be getting new gear and a new way to upgrade that gear starting in August .

So pretty much in a month the cosmic flux will be meaningless.

1 Like

This is very much a thing for me. Most of my characters have heaps of cosmic flux but sandworn relics are tedious to get. Let me use some of my loads of anima to get some relics and I’d be happy gnome.

1 Like

4.5 months including prepatch duration.

15 weeks (3 more until season 4 start) with 12 weeks of a full m+ affix schedule which fits nicely as 4 fated raid cycles.

There is far less time on the clock than people realize. Releasing an expansion in the second half of Dec is sacred time. They even delayed 8.3 to give employees a break for Dec 2019. So the last 2 weeks are no go. And then you have the usual prep period before raids/season after launch. For SL that was 2 weeks, other expansions it was 3. And then even before launch you have at a minimum 4 weeks of prepatch, with a shorter duration prepatch event after prepatch launch. Which in this case is 2 weeks as they said. That easily places things on this schedule:

Season 4 start: August 2
10.0 Prepatch start: October 25
Prepatch event start: November 8
Launch: November 21/22
Raid/season start: Dec 6
Mythic start: Dec 13

A schedule that leaves everything until the last minute, doesn’t step into the 2nd half of Dec and gets everything out to players just like how we had for SL launch

SL
Prepatch 9.0.1: October 13
Prepatch 9.0.2 (2 week undead event): November 10
Launch: Nov 23/24
Raid: Dec 8
Mythic: Dec 15

Just make that & sandworn relics boa.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but the catalyst will still be used in the same way for season 4 content which includes the flux. And upgrading will still be with valor for M+ and conquest for PVP like always (with the exception on the pieces that you can buy from the raid that are upgraded with items from boss kills.

Except there is no indication that the raids are going to drop tier in season 4.

I have no idea where you got the dates, but I’m fairly certain no one has given out dates yet, and no season 4 won’t be only 2 months considering that it takes roughly 5 weeks just to buy all three raid items (with a change they made recently it was 6 weeks before) and it takes 2 weeks to upgrade each one to heroic or mythic (depending on the raid type you are doing). So that is 11 weeks to get all your gear and upgrade it. And that is if you kill 10 bosses every single week.

It is already known that tier will continue to drop in SotFO and I believe that all gear (from all 3 fated raids) will be able to be catalyzed.

Not true. Anima transferring is 100% free. 1k for 1k.