My account was hacked - changed email

My account was hacked and they changed the email. I have 3 separate accounts, I logged in the other accounts and watched them log on all my toons 1 by 1 probably deleting or selling those items. Please, someone help! I have submitted 2 tickets about this and haven’t gotten a reply. I am on a separate account right now to get help.

As long as you submitted tickets, GM staff can help recover nearly almost everything. Just make sure to add an authentecator, and secure your email account(S). They will get to your ticket as soon as they are able. My guess is 24-36 hours, but I have not seen a recent ticket estimate. Just to add, make sure to scan and secure your pc while you are waiting.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. He deleted 2 of my toons that I know of. ugh this is so frustrating!

update I have some new info. I logged on my other account and watched as they logged in my other toons in Orgrimmar. i searched for my toons and found them all in the Bank. He was targeting “Tiddieboi” on each toon and Tiddieboi was targeting Soran, the Orgrimmar banker. Wow classic - Kromcrush server

Used a Phishing technique and I fell for it. I figured someone falsly reported me so I went to the link to clear it up.

“[Blizards] whispers: [Blizzard Entertainment] GM: Offense: Exploitative Activity. Abuse of the Economy. Please visit otherwise we will suspend your Blizzard Account.” (I typed out .com didnt want to provide the actual link) - I took a screenshot of this before I logged off in-game.

THIS IS A FAKE BLIZZARD ADDRESS, DO NOT GO THERE AND PUT YOUR INFO IN LIKE I DID!!!

1 Like

If Blizzard suspects fraudulent activity, they will shut down the account first and sort it out later.
They will NEVER ask you to verify anything before hand.

2 Likes

Please also remove the URL from your post. While I’m sure it didn’t cross your mind at the time, you are inadvertently giving them free advertising here.

Another thing to keep in mind, messages like that can be right-click reported for spam to bring them to Blizzard’s attention. If it were actually Blizzard, it would open in its own box, with blue text, and cannot be reported.

5 Likes

Once this gets resolved, please please put an authenticator on your account.

6 Likes

I will definitely do that. I never want to go through this again! When should I get a response? I know you are working hard on it but it’s hard to sit by with no update. Thank you so much!

Day or sooner probably this kinda things are prioritized rember to file a apeal to a suspenion when you get ur account back.

1 Like