My 6-month request to return AH Brutosaur to vendor

You literally can’t get it there, though. It hasn’t been in rotation for over a year, if all sources are to be understood correctly. There was no reason to remove it except that I guess the development team wanted to show they could remove it.

I’d rather they kept it in the game as a goal people can work towards with a slight bit of tangible benefit, as opposed to arbitrarily removing it. Them giving advance notice on it being gone doesn’t make it being gone the right decision. That’s called an excuse.

Oh, enough bootlicking. Nobody’s interested in hearing it. There are plenty of “window of opportunity” things in this game that revolve around actual demonstrations of capability or understanding. Throwing $$$ at tokens to buy a mount is not one of those things.

3 Likes

it is an excellent long-term self-set goal in the game.

it was mostly fun to collect.

1 Like

Blizzard and constantly doing the wrong things is basically a universal experience at this point.

I’d love for it to be put back on the vendor. Anyone who really wanted it got it during BFA and shouldn’t even care if it’s “exclusive” or not. Digital exclusivity and scarcity is the WORST thing about video games.

5 Likes

You can sell herbs, & Ore too. The prices are really good because players are generally lazy, and will pay in order not to farm their materials to level up their professions.

It seems to me that you’re trying hard to come up with reasons why you couldn’t, and if you used the same energy to come up with reasons on how you could, then you would have the mount currently, just saying.

You should start a snail mail letter campaign to Blizzard HQ.

1 Like

Here’s Blizzard’s post about it, and everyone had a LOT of warning before it finally went away to save up. I myself learned how to use TSM and halted my impulse buying!

Lots of people used their alts to farm herbs/mats and sold stacks daily/weekly on the AH even when they themselves didn’t use AH addons! And now, it’s a Feat of Strength!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/looks-like-the-mighty-caravan-brutosaur-might-be-unobtainable-in-901/370236/8

Post was from November 2019 and Shadowlands launched in November 2020, so everyone had about a year to save up!

4 Likes

you can buy it on the BMAH vendor

why shouldn’t people think differently than you? the point of that mount was to give a reward to people who play the auction house part of the game, just like people who do PvP get specific mounts and raiders get specific mounts.

I don’t understand the rational that some playstyles are more worthy of ‘prestige’ rewards and others are not.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I nearly killed myself getting the gold together, and I don’t even care about the AH or vendor guy. I love long boi’s derpy face.

people would be much more likely to have success asking for a reskin of that without the ah vendor to be put in the game

1 Like

I have such extreme nostalgia for Scholomance and the Sunken Temple, I would love to experience them again.

Oh god, please no, Blizzard.

There are enough of them blocking mailboxes, entrances, ect as it is.

In fact, if you could have the ones already in the game shrink down to big cat size when inside cities and around the entrances of raids, I would really appreciate it. Same with the mammoths.

Thank you, me.

there are people who probably bought them for their size - blizzard could just put a zone around things but I am pretty sure you can just click right through those so it doesn’t matter if they are blocking mail boxes.

If it didn’t matter, it wouldn’t bother me and I wouldn’t have posted it as being an issue to me.

See: Please don’t stand on top of me - #32 by Silverleigh-drakthul

See: Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur to Vendor - #111 by Silverleigh-drakthul

Has it been seen on the BMAH since this post?

Mighty Caravan Brutosaur Black Market Auction House Bid Price Starts at 5 Million Gold in Shadowlands - Wowhead News

It was last seen last July in US realms. It did show up one time in a single EU realm since then as well.

Basically, its appearance was nerfed into the 7th ring of Hell after the “we’re just adding it to crates” hotfix. And at his rate I doubt they’re even showing up in the crates. I’ve yet to see anyone confirming they’ve received one out of them.

OK, I also found this blue post:

Yup, we’ve been told twice that nothing changed. Yet it has. The CS blues can really only go off documentation they have (which was also confirmed by them - if an undocumented change occurred, they wouldn’t know).

1 Like

You are the cutest little gnome rogue. I totally agree they need to put this big beefy bruto back on the vendor. Kudos to you and your mission!

it’s in there now, they re-added it to rotation, but of course you been malding here on the forums instead of catching the news on WoWhead a while back.