Mutanus Horde Experience

The population on this server is so low you cannot function on the server. I cannot buy any mats of the AH. Literally a few hundred items listed.

Can’t level engineering without getting mining.
Wanted to get MINOR SPEED TO BOOTS and I finally found an enchanter but we couldn’t locate a blacksmith for him to get the enchanting rod.
My guild found just enough warm bodies to fill an MC, and that is all on the server, not even sure how far they made it as gear, let alone the right class, cant be found.

I really don’t care about being on a smaller server, I rolled here to have a different experience then my mega server experience during Classic. HOWEVER it is too small to even carry out basic tasks.

I have NO ENCHANTS on my gear, I HAD TO PAY 100 GOLD just to get my mage water quest done because NO ONE runs dungeons so I couldn’t get the key from DME to go into the library in DMN.

The server is just totally dead. at 6PM on an evening night currently we have 62 people online from 1-60. Across the WHOLE server…

Something has to happen.

5 Likes

Yep. Pulls the plug

3 Likes

Get ready for the HUR DUR REROLL crowd, they’ll be here soon.
Personally, I gave up on SoM, perhaps next year they’ll plan it better.

4 Likes

Jom best server

2 Likes

Server transfers are coming.

SoM was too soon and very poorly executed. Shoulda been 2 servers max. Should have also waited another year so people would be interested in doing it again. As it stands most peopl stayed in TBC

1 Like

Maybe! I feel like they shouldn’t have done the snapshot thing, and instead allowed people to upgrade their WoW Classic characters to TBC Classic at any point in time.

That way people may have brought a main to TBC Classic, but kept alts in WoW Classic to complete whatever they wanted to complete before upgrading, and maybe could have led to a healthier population in WoW Classic. Though of course, maybe not :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I got off that sinking ship 2 weeks into it. Struggling to get groups for dungeons as a tank is a big red flag.

Honestly I also gave up, because my main intent going into SoM was to pvp, and yet between the queues and lack of Horde on our server, I cannot find any! I cannot be bothered to reroll for a season that will be quickly over anyway, so I’ve shelved my warlock for now. I’ll consider playing again if we get server mergers or free transfers but this is ridiculous.

Sounds like you should get farming.

So get mining?

You literally got what you wanted. A different experience.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they were worried about duplicating gold/items if players could clone at any time, but it would be great if they could think of a workaround (like any characters cloned from a point after the snapshot don’t take any gold/non-soulbound items into TBC).

Hopefully they’ll at least do a snapshot at the end of SoM to allow those characters to be cloned.

You’ll waste your whole life waiting on blizzard. I just rerolled on jom.

I realized I rushed 60 anyway. So I hid my xp bar, and have been running dungeons and doing wpvp. I’m having a blast right now. I missed out on Mutanis, grinding hard and doing bg.

It’s funny though. How this strange hardcore megaserver narrative exists. Jom is a carebear server. Most of these kids are from pve servers that are moving for the same reason. They all confused about pvp specs, and are scared of the gy for some reason.

Fury chad warrior that can’t outaggro a heal and gets manhandled by an arms player 5-10 levels lower.

…don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of good players, and I’ve had some really fun pvp on jom. Just don’t listen to the nerds talking it up.

3 Likes

^^

RIP Clonk :frowning:

Seems like you don’t understand how an MMO works. needs people.

Mutanus Alliance isn’t doing much better. It’s unfortunate, this server showed a lot of promise at the start, being the unofficial RP-PvP server and attracting a lot of the Grobb and DD crowd. But after a couple weeks signs started to become apparent that the server was struggling. I’d say the vast majority of people have quit within the first month. Our best bet right now is to hope for a connection with the other west coast pvp server (Nightfall), or free transfers (regrettably) to Jom.

I’ve crushed some absolute noobs in world PVP as a human lock, so many noob undead rogues (on Jom)

agreed! Here here!!!

I made a post on the wow classic reddit about the state of RP in SoM and I called mutanus a dead server.

Holy cow the fanboys.

Undead Warlock here. Server is legit dead.

Yeah Horde on Nightfall are disappearing too. We only have 48 level 60s logged on at 7:30 on Friday and we have a raid scheduled, but half the people on aren’t going to want to or don’t or can’t raid.

This will be the last raid attempt night and when that ends, nothing else is going to happen.

We need to be merged, but preferably not just our 2 servers. Who has the third lowest population?