Murkalot Twilight & Blackfuse

Pointless to play against. Murkalot is just the worst pet for gameplay. Everytime I See this team I just go afk. Anyone have the magic bullet beat?

Try Kor’thik Swarmling for the TCS.

The only counter I can find for Righteous Inspiration (the culprit) is a well-timed swap ability.

But yeah, RI+AoE is definitely the most “broken” combo in the meta right now.

I like to use Ghastly Kid and Sneaky Marmot.

They will start with Murkalot, you start with your kid. Start off by by using Haunt. If murk didn’t use RI he’s now being haunted. If he did use RI then the BFB is being haunted, you can bring in the marmot to Smoke Bomb.

I’ve used a Spirit Crab as a third pet since it has a lot of HP and takes weak damage to the TCS attacks. Not a great team on its own, but a decent murk/BFB/TCS counter.

As mentioned above swaps also work, but then head games come into play and your swap can get juked.

1 Like

If your haunt pet is dead, does the AoE damage get split between 2 or 3 pets though?

As somebody who used to play this specific team (I don’t play anymore period.) If you haunt your aoe damage taken will act as if one pet is dead

Hell back before twilight sister when Valk was common as pet battler loser mentality it was hilarious watching Valk users constantly curse of doom turn 1 on murkalot only for it to hit bombling and then haunt bombling but because righteous inspire made the bombling always go first the haunt would attempt to be cast on a corpse and auto-kill the valk period.

Thanks. I see that dust bunny also has smoke bomb. LIke you said running double smoke bomb is no guaranteed win and not a good team otherwise.

Along with some of the pets listed above, Wyrmy Tunkins also gives this team problems.

a genuine strong counter would be a “refuge” critter team- that would stop the aoe bombs completely

The issue with those kinds of teams is that they rely on the person you’re facing being a completely mindless drone and contrary to popular belief people who run strong teams are not idiots and you’re not a genius.

The team in question can also dish out a lot of single target damage and murkalot is strong against critter damage and magic hammer will make any shields useless.

1 Like

wow, only just realised smoke bomb protects your team from an aoe attack.
I thought it was just the same as deflection or ethereal

welp, time to make some new teams!

4 Likes

That’s why Smoke Bomb is so good against RI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything that can stun Murkalot before he uses his first move.

I would use smoke bomb more often, but it’s only good for 1 round and has a 5 round cool down :frowning:

Most decent Murk players that see a pet with a stun or blind will just bait out the stun by using Blessed Hammer.

I have no idea why Righteous Inspiration, a move only one UNobtainable pet has that not only buffs damage but speed too hasn’t been nerfed back when Graves got nerfed. It should not buff speed. I guess I’m just glad it’s rare.

It is so satisfying to juke it though.

1 Like

It’s getting a nerf in Shadowlands, from what I’ve seen on the Alpha. It’ll start on CD (8 rounds), but other than that I don’t think it’s changing.

1 Like