Murder of Crows vs Thrill of the Humt

Which one should we be using for PvP? All of the guides say use Thrill of the Hunt as it sims better but in pvp I see mainly crows being used. Thoughts?

Sims are almost entirely aimed at PvE alone. Don’t take them as relevant at all to PvP and just look for explicitly PvP guides or at what other PvPers are doing.

Yeah thats what I’m thinking but 9% crit might be good too, just wanted to see what others thought.

MOC is the play.

Often you’re going to have to deal with CC, LOS, and other abilities you may have to prioritize at certain times. Thrill of the Hunt sims are assuming you can keep a really high uptime, but that will not be the case in PVP. MoC will help you with a bit of extra on demand damage and works regardless of the above issues that you can reliably cast it once a minute / during kill windows.

1 Like

Yeah that is what I have been playing. Im debating making the full switch to BM pvp and playing venthyr but over all I much prefer the MM play style.

Are you doing 2s or 3s mostly?

Your crit damage is nerfed in pvp. Instead of 100% extra damage like in pve it’s only 50% extra damage in pvp. Also many pvp defensive abilities will greatly reduce an attacker’s crit chance and/or crit damage.

Haste and Versatility are way more important in pvp than crit. Versatility is both an offensive and defensive buff so it’s highly valued.

3 Likes

Right now mostly 2s at 2k cr. Thanks for all the info gentlemen.

1 Like

My set up is built around crit, but I don’t think it’s enough since I only stack haste. All my critbis from the vault. But Aspect of the wild every 50-60 seconds is nice and a 1.4min turtle.

Just from my experience maining BM MOC, is preferable to more single target damage and is more of a prefix or play on a more on demand cooldown that you can use to create burst with in conjunction (and creates a strong sense of pressure) to other abilities. As for the latter, hard to say haven’t really gone with TOTH. :call_me_hand:

I’ve been back and forth, with venthyr ToTH is tempting but crows being a flat damage output is just easier for fast paced PvP situations.

Idk I’ve yet to armory any top 100 BM hunter on the ladder and find them with MOC chosen so I’m leaning towards ToTh bc it’s one less global and one less thing to think about and I don’t think the difference is that drastic. If anything use MOC on clothy/leather teams and ToTh on everything else. Or you can just choose to save the global and use ToTh always. Either way I don’t think it will make or break you