Multiple classes for Dracthyr

They’ve been kept away from everyone for 10k years. Of course they’re not going to be interested in how the rest of azeroth does things

1 Like

I mean Kalecgos literally started as a Mage (Kalec) before he became the Blue Aspect as we know today, so it wouldn’t be too far fetched to think of it this way : the dragons CAN use the cosmic forces to empower themselves, which means they don’t have to only do Dragon things just like Humans can be more than simple priests/warriors/paladins. The example can be made with literally every race.

Having 1 race for specifically 1 class ruins the concept of a race entirely. Just make it a class and give them dragon appearence just like Druids with their animal forms at this point ; it’s basically the same thing.

To add true value to the race and to give players feeling of CHOICE (which they talked about a lot in that video), they should add different class choices.

1 Like

The only classes I would support the new race being are the clothies (and idk how locs would work).

No tank
No melee

Kalecgos is also a full dragon. The Dracthyr are leftover experiments from Neltharion so they’re not quite humanoid, not quite dragon.

Doesn’t make much sense though. Undeads come from a long time ago, ancient Lordaeron citizens, yet they can be Monks which wasn’t even a thing back then.

If they weren’t interested in how the rest of Azeroth does things, they wouldn’t join Horde/Alliance.

I completely disagree. The only thing I can get on board with is adding a tank spec.

Not 10k years

I meant the classes and their powers. Not the factions.

Agreed. I think there will be group comp issues with so many people wanting to play the new class AND new race converging into one giant pool of Evoker Dracthyrs. I am legit worried my raid group might lose bloodlust or battle rez because of this.

2 Likes

Yeah this will be a huge problem! Just like in Legion in which you always had 6 DH in a group of 10. Except now we’ll have extreme lack of tanks because the Evokers can’t be tank spec. No diversity, no choices ; we’ll end up with a group of dragons that are automatically forced to play Evokers, waiting for a tank forever :confused:

I know only two classes can wear Mail and it’s nice to have a third one, but legit I think we’ll end up with too many people playing this specific class.

I believe making the race more open to other classes would minimize the negative effects of having a new class ; people attached to their main character or to their main class would instead play another race via race changing (money!!!) so balancing the team wouldn’t be as difficult.

It’s not too late Blizz!

1 Like