Multiple classes for Dracthyr

Yeah I get that, for a class to be bound to a race it’s ok, but for a race to be bound to a class and NOTHING else? That’s on a whole other level.

Blood Elves could be more than just Demon Hunters after all!

6 Likes

It feels like a cool concept, but they probably would fit some other classes well, even if other races wouldn’t fit the class.

Warrior and Hunter because of the generalness of them, Shaman, Priest maybe, and Mage. That would give them 6 options with Evoker.

But I’m fine with it being locked, personally.

True and I agree with you lets hope that something changes down the road and it opens up if not that perhaps add another class in at a later date though I doubt they would.

I think is possible they get more classes in the future, but only the caster classes (mage, Warlock, Shaman), cause looks like their shape and animations only fits casting/ranged habilities. I can’t see them being melee classe.

Only Demon Hunters have Demonic customization …
Basically Demon Hunters still only have one Class/Sub-Race option.
So In My Books it is the exact same as with Darcthyr

If they had a tank spec, I would be fine with it… but the race is entirely locked out of the tank role. The dragon race. That seems very off to me.

3 Likes

Shaman for the Black Dragonflight (Power of Earth)
Druid for the Green Dragonflight (Power of Nature)
Mage for the Blue Dragonflight (Power of Magic)

Warrior and Hunter for their “generalness” as you said, I agree.

I don’t think other classes would make sense though ; Light/Fel/Void/Death etc. aren’t related to the Dragons (at least Death wasn’t SUPPOSED to) so I’d stick with those 5 classes + Evoker, that would be more than enough!

2 Likes

I actually kind of like the idea. They’re essentially dragons using dragon abilities. I think it would be weird for them to be anything else. But that’s just me. /shrug

2 Likes

They will probably provide options for other classes in the future, which would be nice, also wise, I think. I’d love to have a dracthyr(sp?) paladin or warrior when I actually buy the expac.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

honestly? little bummed I can’t be a dragon person hunter man but I’ll get over it. Besides they can add em in the future maybe.

I think this is great, it will prevent me from accidentally inviting one to any of my groups.

You say that until they’re imbalanced AF and out DPSing everybody else with 3 buttons. lol

Let Blizzard design the game.

My hunters and warriors are very upset to learn they are second class citizens.

:rofl:

1 Like

I feel that opening up the class options for Dracthyr is something that will be done over the course of the Expansion.

Lore wise you just awoke and can only use Evoker powers.
But as soon as we finish the first Phases, we introduce all sorts of combat skills to the Dracthyr and they might be able to “switch” later on.

1 Like

They’ve been kept away from everyone for 10k years. Of course they’re not going to be interested in how the rest of azeroth does things

1 Like

I mean Kalecgos literally started as a Mage (Kalec) before he became the Blue Aspect as we know today, so it wouldn’t be too far fetched to think of it this way : the dragons CAN use the cosmic forces to empower themselves, which means they don’t have to only do Dragon things just like Humans can be more than simple priests/warriors/paladins. The example can be made with literally every race.

Having 1 race for specifically 1 class ruins the concept of a race entirely. Just make it a class and give them dragon appearence just like Druids with their animal forms at this point ; it’s basically the same thing.

To add true value to the race and to give players feeling of CHOICE (which they talked about a lot in that video), they should add different class choices.

1 Like

The only classes I would support the new race being are the clothies (and idk how locs would work).

No tank
No melee

Kalecgos is also a full dragon. The Dracthyr are leftover experiments from Neltharion so they’re not quite humanoid, not quite dragon.

Doesn’t make much sense though. Undeads come from a long time ago, ancient Lordaeron citizens, yet they can be Monks which wasn’t even a thing back then.

If they weren’t interested in how the rest of Azeroth does things, they wouldn’t join Horde/Alliance.