Multiboxing - NEW TOS

Blizz’s intent is simple: 1 keypress, 1 action, 1 window. Not 1 keypress->1 action on 8 windows. You are not going to survive a ban if a GM decides to watch your army fire off synchronous actions, regardless if you’re using only hardware.

People haven’t used alt-tab since Y2K. No need to cycle randomly through full screen windows when you can have them all open on your monitors at once.

2 Likes

Do you understand that blizzard policy is constantly evolving and botters will just use hardware to replicate now that the software is gone, so they will just be playing the same game of whack a mole further down the line?

someone standing in deadmines with mobs hitting on them for 10 hours while they sleep and go pick up some milk were banned too if/when it kept them logged in at the start of an expansion and they were trying to not get logged out. does this mean we should ban dungeons?

I am old :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
But this thing with the software it’s just pay to win…

Its obvious really.

Software was used mainly by farmers who hurt the in game economy.

Not saying multiboxing is banned and allowing hardware key replication is saying they want to keep the normal Rich whale players while banning the gold farmer hackers.

Because of course.

If you’re right then I’m sure they’ll make another adjustment to the policy right? No worries :slight_smile:

blizzard: “we’re doing this to ban botting. mutliboxing is fine. hardware is fine, and not bannable.”

you guys: IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME NOW. WE DID IT BOIZ.

everyone else: facepalm

1 Like

Sure. I’ve never argued otherwise.

Your bigger concern is what the botters are going to do with software being monitored, which everyone likes to argue is the real reason the software got targeted. Botters aren’t about rule following but if their software isn’t safe to use hardware setups may be their answer too.

Boxers: “we are desperate and scared please don’t take away our last way to cheese the game”

Nah, they’ll just use different software. They don’t care about policy changes.

also when people were crying about boxers in instanced pvp you know what they did? they banned /follow in bgs. didn’t ban boxing. this is the same kind of thing.

3 Likes

Eh, that’s a stretch. Know one really knows for sure how many farmers/botter were using it.

HOWEVER, they obviously WERE using it to some extent, and Blizz just ham fistedly banned the whole thing.

Blizz was likely fielding a lot of false flags and it was probably slowing them down from finding the real botters in the mix.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. It doesn’t matter if they do or don’t all that matters is if they consider it to be. With the drinking bird thing I don’t think they added hardware to it it’s just considered “automation” which they now consider key broadcasting to be.

do you think i’m a boxer? lolololol.

also literally no boxer is scared because whether it was immediately, or they got hit by a suspension and then looked, they can and probably will see the new terms and can read in black and white what is okay and not okay. and stop doing the things that aren’t okay.

Exactly. “We’ll take your money and ban you later for whatever reason we want.”

Looks like a bad deal to me.

1 Like

No there are scared boxxers :rofl: They are paranoid about everything and they are ANNOYING They sit in discord and “woe is me, the world is over, everything is bannable” :rofl: Like dude just quit or stop multiboxing

When did i ever say you are a boxer? Oh right never lolololol. In any case I think we will see this go further in the future. Boxing started out as a novelty thing but now it’s massive and way too powerful/impactful on the economy.

2 Likes

except they literally havent banned boxing LMAO

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement.”
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

1 Like

You’re right, they didn’t go far enough. It’s a matter of time.