Multiboxers

I mean you can lie. You’re pushing SUPER hard for someone that doesn’t multibox. So you’re either:

A multiboxer AND a liar. Or a troll who just wants to take opposing positions for the sake of arguing and making people upset on the forums. This last post is pretty clear on that. So to that I say I am done, and will be ignoring your posts from this point further.

It’s never been expensive or difficult to do, more that it’s illegal. Spyware is required.

Blizzard is allowed to monitor what you do with your copy of the game files, they use warden for that. But they can’t legally monitor the rest of your computer.

The laws regarding it are stricter in the EU, which is why the green brought it up.

1 Like

No, I just disagree with your premise that it negatively affects the communal aspect of the game and threw in the part about those that try to claim it violates the ToS or is cheating.

As for the multiboxers in Sithilus, there seem to be as many, if not more complaints, about collusion between large Horde and Alliance guilds ruining the experice for smaller guilds and individuals that multiboxers. Perhaps they should start banning those guilds :slight_smile:

Tons of games do this already. Any Steam game running EAC does a scan for running processes. Other games with launchers check like that as well. Destiny 2 did this. I know this happens often because the lightingservice for my PC (that controls the RGB functions of some of my devices) constantly gets flagged by these games on startup.

Tell yourself whatever you want to make it easier.

Do you do this when people disagree with you in real life, too? One of those types that can never be wrong, I see.

Glad I didn’t bother to actually respond to every one of your points. You were clearly trying to waste my time and be dismissive.

1 Like

So you lied then? You specifically quoted ME, the person that has said nothing about the TOS or the “cheating” term at all. And at no point made any other claim. NOW you are making an entirely different argument, saying that you don’t think it’s a problem. Also the people complaining about collusion during the AQ event are idiots. Unless that collusion involves intentional griefing and other such activities, it’s in the middle of a literal war effort for BOTH FACTIONS. In fact, there are NPCs in the major city from the opposing factions you can talk to and get information about the war effort of the opposing side. This entire event is about the Horde and Alliance working together. Just because people complain, doesn’t make it a problem. There still has to be a legitimate reason behind it. The reason those people complain is because they feel they are being pushed out from access to the event, but the event is ALREADY exceptionally exclusive and the real thing gatekeeping them is actually the event itself and not the collusion.

This is kind of a thing on my server. Some guilds were going to try for six scarab lords. Most of them have ZERO idea how insane the quest was. And now that they are finding it hard to compete with the more dedicated groups, they are getting mad. But what I dislike are players placing multiboxed characters on top of spawn points and spamming rank 1 aoe spells to steal all the tags in an entire area. That level of automation is just disgusting and really diminishes the level of engagement and the interaction that players put into the game. Imagine being a guild with a group of dedicated players out attempting to complete your scarab lord rep, and one person just sits there stealing all the tags with his multibox by himself. Just makes you feel as if the purpose of playing the game doesn’t matter when players can just cheese it like that, and really adds a layer of negativity to the idea that this is a MMORPG game.

1 Like

OH GOD I HAVE IRONY POISONING HELP

1 Like

You are far too free with this word, you must be purposely trolling. This is a general forum and referencing anything discussed is well within the purview of any reply.

You absolutely don’t need multiboxers to do any of the “cheesing” that seems to be triggering you. All it takes are toxic players, of which Classic seems, at least on the PvP servers, to have an overabundance.

You literally said you had no problem with me disliking it and then immediately changed your argument to having a problem with me disliking it. The moment you got called out on your wrong argument you pivoted to a different one.

1 Like

Having no problem with you having an opinion and agreeing with your opinion are not in any universe the same thing. I definitely don’t “agree” with your opinion, but I really don’t have any problem with you having an opinion, why would I?

I don’t care, have any problem, etc. with you not liking multiboxing. I definitely don’t agree with your reasons, but hey, you are entitled to them.

This is pretty much the definition of a post with no substance. Somehow with an entire paragraph you managed to say absolutely nothing.

1 Like

I understand that that is the way that they view it, I just happen to disagree with it. I don’t think these kinds of software replications should have been allowed and it is my opinion that they should be banned from use now and in the future.

It is not a human controlling these characters, it is software that is replicating human interaction and is using these replications to control the others characters. The player inputs a keystroke, the software records this keystroke and then the software inputs the keystroke to one or more other characters. It is not as bad as actual botting imo, but it is in the same category for me. The additional characters are not being controlled by a human, they are being controlled by computer software.

Once again, I understand that these kinds of actions to control additional characters are currently allowed and have been allowed in the past. I am not arguing that people using multiboxing software are breaking any kind of rules. I just disagree with it and will continue to argue that the policy be changed and that these kinds of software to control characters should no longer be allowed.

1 Like

What is the spirit of the game? And who defines that term?

Whatever arbitrary thing the devs decide on any given day. Hence the sarcastic nature of my original post.

One of the things that makes us social humans is having the sense of Justice and what is fair.
A thief knows that he is doing something wrong when they steal.
Same with a murderer.
When you cross that point, when you do something wrong and don’t realize it, then you stop being a social human.
Even if a country allows Jungle law, making everything legal, from stealing to murdering, the citizen will know that those actions are bad.
I wonder if multiboxers who have the nerve to come in forums and defend their actions, crossed that point.

A bit extreme comparison… Multiboxing are like Thieves and Murderers? it’s a video game. Wow…

2 Likes

It’s a parallelism. It’s the same kind of dishonesty.

While you cling to “nochanges”, you continue to ignore 2 important facts. 1, cheating is bad for the game, always was, always will be. 2, Blizzard threw “nochanges” out the window on the first day and have been making changes left and right since then.

I could add that multiboxing is not normal PVP, no matter how much you try to make it so. Cheating to bully mobs is one thing, but cheating to bully other players is worse.

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 Like

I should have had that in my post. :ok_hand: