Multi Core Update?

I thought we were getting an improvement here but after starting up WoW and opening my Task Manager to find that wow.exe is still pegging out 1 core and not using the other cores. Whats up with this?

1 Like

Are you using DirectX 12 mode? It should be enabled by default now if your system supports it. What operating system, video card, and drivers are you using? If you’re unsure, you can follow these steps to get a DxDiag report:

I am a system builder not dumb i know about dx12 and am running win10 its all enabled, I was ask because it’s still running 1 core hard.

This question is more directed at a answer from a dev because the multicore upgrade doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Same here. Win10, all drivers current, DX12 enabled, still a single core game. I had heard there would be an option under advanced graphics settings to turn mulit-threading on/off.

Same problem here, although my friends all got their games boosted by the update… this might be a problem with only some hardware configurations u.u

I don’t even have the option to enable DX12 and I’m running a GTX980

Looks like it’s because I’m running Windows 7 and it doesn’t support DX12?

unfortunately the MT variables don’t seem to store their settings in a sane way. If they do I have yet to find the file they are stored in.

The only way I’ve been able to verify if they are on or not is via Console Mode -