Multi-boxxing in PVP

Why is this allowed? Not only does it remove 5+ ACTUAL players from the battleground, but it’s extremely unfair to the opposite faction. For example, there is a gnome mage from Incendius that has been multi-boxxing in AV. They can single-handily capture/defend a flag from a group of players because all they have to do is arcane explosion spam. It’s surprisingly hard to push against that.

This needs to be banned from PvP. I generally don’t have a problem with multi-boxxing, but it shouldn’t be allowed in battlegrounds.

5 Likes

Oh noes! Did it take the Horde 5 extra minutes to win AV? Quick, run to the forums and complain.

Dude, you are a warrior. You cannot beat 1 mage let alone 5. It’s not the mulitboxing.

4 Likes

Definitely agree.

Unfortunately Blizzard won’t do anything about this because it is basically free income.

what? i beat mages more than i lose to them

1 Like

There’s the rub, the camel got his nose in the tent and the rest is to follow. There is a gnome mage(s) who are all rank 13 as a boxxer. We can all be grateful (on our side) that they are an active player working towards the objective (unlike all the afk leechers).

That guy, whose mages are all gem names, is a hoot. My favorite run in with him was in WSG where he defended the flag room against a premade. It was hilarious to watch 5 mages come out of the tunnel chasing the flag carrier. But it wasn’t a gimme game – we had to get the flag and bring it back with just five. And I believe it was a 3-1 40 minute win.

Played against that mage in AV one day . I thought it was pretty hilarious when he blinked through the lines and destroyed everyone. While everyone was whining (mainly the warriors ya know cause they just wanna go in deep like they got 3 or 4 pocket healers. None of them dropped a fear. Split the mage from the rest of his multiboxers and game over

Battlegrounds are character vs character. Multiboxing offers zero advantages, only disadvantages. It is still a 15v15 after all.

Stop sucking at PVP and blame yourself for your own failures.

1 Like

That’s the best part, OP is complaining about AV not AB. I’ve never seen gem mage in AB, I doubt he does it. Pretty sure he’s grinding it out in AV/WSG and possibly stuck at R13 because of it. Although I truly doubt he plays for ranking.

1 Like

Oh my gosh you lost a tower in a bg you win every time? CALL THE PO LEECE

1 Like

Multiboxing negatively impacts every player who isn’t multiboxing, but they’re also worth a literal 2x/5x/10x, however many accounts they’re financing, more than a player who isn’t multiboxing. Blizzard will never put the game’s integrity over that kind of dosh; it’s not as if you’ll quit. Even if you would quit, why would they risk losing 2-10 subs over one person quitting instead of risking your one sub?

Before you go blaming Activision, remember that they’ve had this attitude since vanilla.

3 Likes

I imagine it would be a pain for GY resses in AB with the constant capping and recapping splitting up the team. In WSG and most of the time in AV you know where you’re going to res.

1 Like

Literally just fear and watch him scramble. Multiboxers can’t deal with that kind of CC.

1 Like

I’ve been on both sides of that one, in AV (as Horde) IT would come out of SH GY and you could almost hear the collective groans…“NOT AGAIN!!”

1 Like

Us small minded horde dont have the 5headed thinking skills of fearing him.
It’s just charge into battle , die, blame healer, cry about multiboxing.

1 Like

6 mages with the perfect coordination of a boxer is not even close to fair. Recalling constantly to instantly obliterate half the people there is exploitative. Also exploiting rank with BS cheese.

There are 5 due to that being the limit of the number of characters that can party together for AV.

You’re complaining that he recalled and defended the base? Really?

How is he exploiting rank? He ground that out, apparently by pugging AV and WSG, and is basically a legend. A dark legend on his own server, maybe, since he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would honor brackets.

1 Like

The only AV i’ve won since December was because of that multi boxer. he’s doing gods work. It was wonderful knowing that the horde sat in a 3 hour que to get steamrolled by a 5 mage multibox and there wasn’t a thing they could do about it. Dude’s a literal legend, held IGBY single handedly and insta killed anyone that tried to pass. The only bad part about this is that this is what it requires for us to win an AV. A field marshal 5 man multibox elemental mage holding IGBY, that’s our only win condition. Fix the map.

1 Like

What happened to /nochanges?

1 Like

LOL

I’m complaining that he is ALLOWED to exist.

He’s exploiting rank because he’s exploiting the mechanics of the mage in a BG.

He controls one character that is duplicated exactly on four other characters (and we’re not talking follow macros here, this guy is using software that replicates quickly such that he can run around in a mass.) How is that not against TOS but writing macros in external software that is controlled by a keypress is? No other group of 5 toons could achieve the same thing, not even a group of mages, it’s BS pure and simple. And having wave after wave of that BS really makes the BG not fun, at all.

I don’t mind losing by being outplayed, being out-softwared is another matter.