Much needed 9.1 DK changes - my honest thoughts

PVP Talents changes:

1. Necrotic Strike made baseline for Unholy
  2. Auras should be available to all three specs
  3. Transfusion should also increase Death Strike healing by 25%
  4. New PVP talent - Necrotic Wound: reducing healing received by 25% for targets affected by the healing absorption of Necrotic Strike
  5. Dark Simulacrum - facing requirement removed (this is a much needed QoL change)

Talents tuning:

1. Death’s reach - also add another charge to Death Grip (yup, warriors have double time, mages have shimmer, the list grows).
  2. Summon Gargoyle - change to Summon Valkyr, 2mins cooldown with instant ranged attacks empowered by runic power spent
  3. Obliteration - should include Death Strike
  4. Death Pact - the healing absorption overkill the DK in PvP situation where during dampening or under MS effect, the absorption will be larger than the actual healing, making it a total garbage talent to take for any games longer than 2mins or if opponent team has MS specs. The healing should change to increase max HP by 50%, working similar to BM trinket.

Abilities tuning:

1. Death Strike healing for Frost and Unholy increase to 8% of minimum health in PvP
  2. Dark Transformation - the cooldown reduction should receive benefit from Epidemic also
  3. Necrotic Strike - the healing absorption should scale with attack power and completely ditch the problematic % hp based design
  4. The scaling of Rune of the Fallen Crusader should be consistent in pvp and pve to avoid misleading players

These are some of the much needed changes on the waiting list of our DK community. Devs should really listen and adapt to avoid losing their player base and create more diversity for the game.

Thanks for everyone’s time here! :))

20 Likes

And replace Blood for Blood with Transfusion for Blood!

i would rather they move it to blood and make DS 10/60 again.

The beauty of Transfusion is actually that 20RP gain to offer us a reliable panicking button :))

yeah, but it basically means we can’t ever have DS buffed, otherwise we have a 45 second HP reset.

3 Likes

So what?
Most classes have ways to reliably reset, lol.
The idea is to shut it down from happening.

3 Likes

How about remove Chill Streak and undo our hidden PvP nerfs? After all, if these abilities were unnerfed Chill Streak wouldn’t be our most feared ability :upside_down_face:

1. Death Strike - Heals for 50% less in pvp combat (before applied healing reductions i.e. dampening, mortal strike)
  2. Pillar of Frost - Str gain is 13% instead of 20% (tooltip also says 1% str gain for each rune spent but its actually 0.7%)
  3. Rune of Fallen Crusader - Str gain is 10% instead of 15% (I hate knowing I have to resort to Razorice which is ideal for DW and not optimal for 2h)
  4. Frostwrym’s Fury - Deals 66% less damage in pvp combat (Much wow, big dragon, hit noodle)
  5. Cold Heart - Deals 70% less damage in pvp combat (I can crit a dummy for 20k but crit a player for 4k???)
  6. Breath of Sindragosa - Deals 50% less damage in pvp combat (crickets*)

I agree if we can’t have a healing reduction abilitiy like a WW/Arms we should at least be durable enough like a Ret with WoG/BoP/DS. We have… Death Pact?

EDIT: I GUESS WE HAVE AMZ TOO…

11 Likes

speaking of Qol changes, i think having a different color for baseline amz vs talented amz would be nice

NECROTIC STRIKE SHOULD APPLY FLIPPING DEATH'S DUE DEBUFF.

:rage:

I’m sorry. THIS BUG REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS…

… and that’s why I’ve been playing Path of Exile lately.

2 Likes

I AM BIG AGREEING WITH ALL OF THIS. Particularly NS baseline, NW honor talent, and DT CD reduction with epidemic, god those would be amazing.

4 Likes

I thought this was in the Beta for Shadowlands? Did it not pan out? Or am I tripping?

Only death coil :sweat:

They didn’t let it go through. Unfortunately…

also fix path of frost so that I don’t have to dismount to get on top of the water -_-

2 Likes

You’re joking, right?

This crap right here triggers me more than Death Strike healing for less than 1% of my max health when a MS debuff is on me.

1 Like

So lame. I definitely 100% remember seeing it in blue. Because I played Unholy since I came back from long break in 8.5 and remember thinking it(the Dark Xformation cooldown) should be triggered by Epidemic as well as Death Coul.

I remember seeing it and being like “oh, okay, why’d that take so long?”.

Can’t believe they still haven’t put it in.

2 Likes

Nope they half baked the change into army of the dead talent and left the dark transformation half unbaked. Apparently still playing deaf ears due to lack of dev resources.

Nah Dude, Path of Frost is bugged the hell out. Sometimes I even waste runes to not even get the buff.

1 Like

I’ve never encountered that at all.

I think… there were times when on my mount that I’ve sunk underwater anyway, but that was mainly due to how I angled my character using my mouse, so I’d just jump and that’s it. IF that’s the bug then it was there since bfa… maybe even long before that.