M+(Too Many)

There are too many relevant mythic levels (2-20) given how not different they are. Anyone who tries to fill a 9, 13, or 19 understands what I’m talking about. The difficulty/reward structure is good, so keep that. I am not talking about any nerf to the difficulty at all. I am talking about trimming the extra levels that don’t need to exist. Do the following:

Old M+ Level New M+ Level
2 2
5 3
8 4
10 5
12 6
14 7
16 8
18 9
20 10

Then the rest is the same because 20+ is fine.

Old M+ Level New M+ Level
20 10
21 11
22 12
23 13

And so on.

Do whatever you want with affixes, I don’t care if you move them around or even get rid of them next season.

5 Likes

Here’s what you’re asking for from a scaling perspective.

2 - +0%
3 - +26%
4 - +59%
5 - +85%
6 - +124%
7 - +171%
8 - +228%
9 - +297%
10 - +380%

You see, what you’re asking for is quite possibly the most jarring scaling imaginable. This doesn’t even factor in that tyrannical and fortified are multiplicative.

To solve a minor inconvenience, you’ve hard locked people into key levels because a good number of people rely on the easy levels to learn what they’re doing before progressing.

The issue you’re trying to fix is each level having it’s own supply and demand curves. It’s not impossible to find and run a 9 or 15, the supply is higher than the demand and you’ll struggle to fill your key. Whereas the 16 has higher demand and less supply and is easy to fill.

I set a time limit to fill my keys, if I exceed that time limit, I delist and search for the existing keys on that level. This won’t work if you’re grossly under qualified on paper, but if the other people want to run at all, they know they can’t be picky.

8 Likes

from my pov it wouldnt be half bad for keys under 10
issue is that starting at like 16-ish the ramp in difficulty would be pretty challenging for prog

i work my way up incrementally. get it down and timed on an 18. then 19. then 20. rinse repeat. because if i succeed in an 18 then jump to a ~21 ill probably run into pain points im not ready for. better to identify what will be a pain point once you get into 19-20 so youre ready to tackle it for 21+.

i know the og suggestion was keep 20+ scaling the same but everyones at a different point. for a lot of people my 23 is their 17, 16, 15. just like my 23 is another persons 26 or 27 lol.

The thing is that you don’t have to move up each rank by +1… a fresh 395 character could do +10s or even +15s right off the bat because we were doing these keys at that iLvl week 1 before the major nerfs.

Usually what I do is I level a character and have my friends run me through a +15 and then I use that key to push my own key the next week.

1 Like

You realize these numbers are for percentage over M0 right? You are adding 30% of an M0. Right now to go from 2 to 3 you add 8% of an M0.

To go from an 18 to 20 you add 83% of an M0. But that sounds like more than it is. Remember M0s are the things ilvl 340 tanks were soloing the first week. From 18 to 20 it is a real increase of 1.08x1.08 -1 * 100 = 16.64%.

Yeah he didn’t think about the curve of scaling in this at all. Even it curves up massively at the start and then balances out to a small incline at the end past 10. Making it a huge barrier to entry for people starting and easy street afterwars

What is the huge barrier? The rewards would be the same. If you can’t do a level now, you wouldn’t be doing the new equivalent level. It’s not like someone who can do a 6 can’t do a 8. But if the 8 is too hard for you, do some 5s until you’ve practiced enough and you will be fine at the 8. Practicing in a 5 isn’t different from practicing in a 7.

With your premise and the spike what you say isn’t an issue for people now might very well be a problem. Also it makes no sense. Why would going from a 3 to a 4 have a curvature spike of 42% difficulty while going from a 10 to a 11 only has a 13%? Your just making it harder for people to climb but once have cruise along.

It’s a 26% increase and a 10% increase normalized to the level. Since you like talking in terms of M0,

5 → 8 (becomes 3 → 4) = .59-.26 = .33 extra M0s
20 → 21 (becomes 10 → 11) = 4.28 - 3.80 = .48 extra M0s

Nobody is learning right now in 9s because groups are not filling. If the group actually fills, people can learn in it even if it’s higher than what they’re used to (a challenge makes people improve).

Your math is wrong as tyrannical and fortified are multiplicative. Thats not even close to how the scaling and difficulty curvature works.

You do the math, and then keep doing the math, and then do so much math that you write 1000 pages, and then get back to me.

I did the math it took 2 mins and its written above for you to see. No need get upset or snarky because your suggestion and how you thought it scaled don’t work. Did I disagree with your premise of too many key levels and how certain levels don’t fill and are pointless? No I did not. I disagreed with your solution as it was flawed.

1 Like

Did you finish the 1000 pages? No? Then we won’t be talking.

I would but apparently you don’t know or even wanna know basic math so it would be pointless.

1 Like

I’m well aware of how the scaling is calculated. I’m also familiar with the m+ scoring statistics. You’re post is one of the most myopic I’ve seen in a while.

Prog isn’t the same as farm and the 300 pulls that a mythic raid boss may take on the first day isn’t the same as the 2-5 it’ll take at the end.

I also think your premise is flawed. Sure some levels are more populated than others, there are already solutions to those levels.

you’ve been here long enough to know that’s not generally true :angel:

That is probably the most ignorant thing ive ever read, ive stepped back and been more casual this seaon and as a dps warrior i can ASSURE you that you need to be grossly over qualified for a key to be able to get invited 99% of the time, im sitting with full timed 20s and strugle to get invited to 16-18 keys

1 Like

You can’t be serious. A discussion about 15s and 10s and every other tweener key and you want to bring up 16s? Perhaps it’s something else about you they don’t like, perhaps that you’re one of 7 million ret paladins that crawled out of their holes in the last couple weeks.

I play an enh shaman in the 10/11 range atm. Never struggle to get into keys. I play prot pally, never wait on keys from 12-19 and don’t even really apply for 20s cause I don’t feel like it. Mage? Never applies for more than a couple keys before getting accepted. Priest? Almost never more than 3 applications.

It’s not the system, it’s you.

LOL, your trynna say im bad after you just said you dont even attempt 20 keys and your logic behind it is that my forums character is a pally?

1 Like

Now I’m going to say you’re an idiot. I’m saying you’re a commoner, people avoid fotm classes when they are everywhere. It doesn’t matter if you’re the Uther and never put down the light. It just doesn’t matter. Paladins are everywhere and they aren’t stackable.