Moving to AUS - High Ping Question (PvP)

Does ping make a difference if I would like to queue with a friend from east coast USA on NA server?

If there is an issue - would specific classes/spec be less frustrating to play? Any Suggestions?

your friend would whinge constantly that the game was unplayable if you were the host . USA people cant handle 50ms let alone the 150+ they get when on our realms . then again neither can the “new” Oceanic players who wernt around when 500 was your typical playing ms at all times ( defile in 25 man ICC was a real killer ) .

1 Like

Damn, were you playing in the middle of nowhere? 190 was typical till late MoP when we got our on servers.

Fancy city boy eh? Next you’ll tell me that your modems power didn’t come from a moderately spinning Hills Hoist wrapped in copper wire.

1 Like

Before we had servers I’m pretty sure Adept was in the top 10 raiding guilds worldwide, and there was no shortage of Australian Gladiators.

I even continued to play on Moon Guard-US for Legion from Australia and only came back because 8am raiding was weird.

With 150ms, it’s not really a big problem but I suppose it’s best to stick to specs that aren’t relied upon for interupts. Brain-ping + 150ms can cost you to miss kicks.