Moving forward with SL. Does Blizzard plan to completely disregard low level PvP for another expansion?

As the title states, are we going to see another entire expansion where low level Battlegrounds are just an absolute failure in balance?

I feel now with the level squish, it should be easier to balance the BG brackets below max level. I wish Blizzard would understand that PvP isn’t just some mini game and frankly, many new players might enjoy PvP more if they didn’t queue into a low level battleground to get literally one shot by a Mistweaver Monk.

I have leveled many characters strictly through battleground farming, because I enjoy PvP. But let me tell you, every single bracket has one or two BG breaking class balance issues. Not to mention, Blizzard didn’t want Twinks, but they allow a Mythic geared 120 to party sync with their friends and “scale” down to absolutely destroy everything in the battleground. For example, you can queue into the 111-119 bracket where levelers have around 50-60k HP, but you’ll run into many Mythic 120 geared 120’s “Scaled” down with over 100k HP that absolutely dominate the BG.

I’m really hoping they take a little bit of time and try to make BG’s under max level tolerable for new and current players. Nothing sucks the enjoyment out of PvP quite like getting one shot by a mistweaver with Way of the Crane popped at the level 70 pvp bracket. The BG ended with the mistweaver in second with DMG, only behind a warlock. Actually insane.

Not the end of the world as I plan on PvP’ing at max level mostly, but I feel PvP used to be a big part of the leveling experience, at least for me and I can 100% see why people don’t want to queue BGs.

2 Likes

how is blizz supposed to fix a system that players who “pvp level” arent really a part of?
pvp levelers dont: gear for their level, level professions, run dungeons, use the auction house or anything above clicking join bg. why is this subset of players supposed to be catered to when they aren’t playing any other aspects of the game? you give little effort but want the same rewards as players who do these other things.

nah son.

also your information about syncd players is wrong. you dont have to be a mythic raider to do partysync. a 120 with ilevel 300 will have the same template as a 470 ilevel dragon slayer. anyone over 100k is probably a tank.
pvp food (which they cant set down while syncd) flasks and buffs get them to 75k plus. once again besides not wanting to gear you’re not wanting to farm/buy/make consumables so lets take them away from everyone else.

1 Like

It’s pretty easy tbh, just add templates back. Catering to the hardcore audience has never worked in any game.

1 Like

You are wrong lol… they are not tanks. You clearly don’t PvP at lower brackets. They aren’t tanks. Their scaling template is broken and doesn’t work. Also, no one said they had to drop everything and focus on a “subset” of players who don’t do other aspects of the game. What the hell does that have to do with anything?
If you are going to allow LOW level battlegrounds you should at least make it playable. To think other wise is just laughable. I’m not saying, spend all their time on low level battlegrounds, just make it playable. The scaled 120’s was only a part of the post, the other part is the fact that a NOT scaled player who is healing spec can top the charts in DMG and one shot players… your response truly makes no sense, it’s not about players who “pvp level” it’s just about low levels who play pvp at all… sigh

this whole xpac ive only pvpd in 110 and 111-119. tested out most of the partysync features at low levels on a dk in 19, 29 and up all the way to 120. im sure about the things im talking about.

1 Like

Low level Bgs are playable. Some classes early on are crazy like mages/hunters but once you get out of the 20s it’s not so bad. Make sure you equip all heirlooms and throw on some enchants as they level with you. I see you do have heirlooms but nothing enchanted. There’s some good and cheap options.

if you are waiting for them to balance anything around leveling then this isnt the game for you unfortunately. even with their changes blizz has always been a game about max level play. not leveling play. so nothing is gonna be balanced around leveling. They will let things stay totally broken in those aspects because changing it causes changes to max level stuff

Thank you for the reply, but I’ve been PvPing since TBC, lol… this ain’t my first rodeo. I wasn’t necessarily talking about this toon, tbh I dont play horde this is just the guy that was logged in on the forums. I understand all of that help, but gems, enchants, heirlooms can’t help when a Mistweaver monk can still one shot you. That’s the point of the post, like, I’m not sure how they can’t even remotely try to balance certain things.

One shots are extremely rare.

2 Likes

Sure, i agree. Which makes it even more asinine that blizzard can’t take literally 5 minutes to fix it :slight_smile:

There’s nothing to fix.

Seeing the replies I now realize why nothing ever changes lol… the results are “that’s just the way it is, there’s nothing to fix” Alright. Sounds good. A healer monk, top in damage, or a resto shama/druid top in damage. “Nothing to fix” “get enchants” lol… I get it now. I’ll step out.

1 Like

Looking at things through BFA eyes is pointless at this time.
Shadowlands will offer lower+ levels the most options/avenues/means to obtain and maintain gearing efficacy, ever in World of Warcraft. :fire:
Copy paste from other thread, as it fits.
With the new brackets and gearing/scaling systems in place for Shadowlands, it will be nice to see XPON/XPOFF/LEVELER/SYNC not matter.
This separation/tiers being adjusted will allow us to complain about good stuff like
Class imbalance and the OP finds. :wink:
Merging coupled with balancing will really help alleviate these woes.

This is a great reply. Thank you! And ya, the post wasn’t supposed to be about the current state of BFA. Because obviously that current state is garbage, level 120 included.

Well, that was easy.

1 Like

Take a stroll on PTR, you wont spoil anything by browsing around.

1 Like

On the one hand, I think you’re right in that those things are definitely weird… however, is it bad that each bracket has its own meta? To be honest, I don’t know. It’s probably not good when only one class dominates the bracket, but if things are just different than you expect at end-game, I dunno… personally, I think that’s ok. You know, once I wrap my brain around it and accept that this could be an ok thing.

Hands down though, tightening those gaps would be a nice thing for Blizzard to do. It’s ok for, say, a Monk Healer to be top damage if that’s the meta that evolves; however, if that Monk Healer is ahead by 10 times as much as any other class then I think that probably needs to be looked at!

Also, Juga, you’ve turned into a troll in your “old age” :stuck_out_tongue:

@valenthros

Our xp was on thanks.

2 Likes

I one shot

Well you’re rare.

1 Like