Moving an old character

I was wondering if it was possible to move an old character to a new account

me and my son used to share this account then when he become 18 he made his own account and has been playing on it since but we were wanting to know if it was possible to move his old character that is still on this account over onto his new one that he has been playing

Really would have best been done when he turned 18, but it may still be possible.

Iā€™d give it a try, and if you run into difficulties, you could see if Billing could offer any solutions.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/979/channels

A lot depends on how the accounts were setup.

1 Like

That link sends me to recover email address part would that be best? this account is active and use it and so is my sons account that he currently plays on. this account i am on now was hacked and banned many years ago only got it back 4-5 months ago would that stop us from doing what we are trying to do? my son is just wanting his old character onto his new account

No, just try a normal transfer. That link is in case you need to get ahold of Billing, use Live Chat.

1 Like

From what i have heard tho to be able to transfer both accounts need to be in the same name for it to work is this no longer a thing? this account i am on now is not in my sons name seen as it was made when he was still under age but his new one is in his account

It is, which is why you may need to contact Billing.

1 Like