Movies you hate but everyone likes or are critically acclaimed

Titanic
Pearl harbour
Braveheart
U-571

All four were so historically inaccurate I couldn’t sit through them.

Dunkirk was trash, no real story and nothing to engage the audience. I walked out of the theatre part way through that one.

Others:

Black panther
Guardians of the galaxy 1 and 2
Akira (as mentioned above)
Gravity
Most of Jim Carey’s work.

2 Likes

The recent 3 Star Wars movies: Why …why did they do this? I mean they had a VERY good plot to go off of via the books. But instead they try to basically rehash the Original Trilogy while at the same time insulting the fans from that Original Trilogy.

Live action Beauty and the Beast: This is more of a “This did not need to be made” more than “I hated this movie” because Lets be honest if you watched the Animated version ya have watched the Live Action version.

Labyrinth: Now before you flame me I am NOT saying the special effects, the Animatronics and puppets were done well because they WERE ESPECIALLY considering when the movie was made. However once you get over that the story is kind of meh.

1 Like

Wonder Woman.

Not sure why I couldn’t get into it though.

1 Like

I couldn’t either. I read that both Black Panther and Wonder Woman was the best super hero movies ever written but I don’t think either were that great.

1 Like

I avoid all the Marvel films. There are far too many of them and they often look the same. I read they’re overly woke so even better.

Eyes Wide Shut is one film I really dislike that everyone seems to love. Dunkirk is another, so is Donnie Darko. I swear that with films like Dunkirk they pay people to write good reviews.

3 Likes

Virtually all the Marvel Films.

When it comes to actual movies? Citizen Kane. Dear lord that movie is terrible.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the Lego Movie very much.

To me it was like a shamless cash grab of an already popular toy set and I didn’t like the overly cheery and whimsical feel to it. I cringed with the cameos of superman, batman, gandalf, and the nba dudes. It felt like the emoji movie but with legos.
I didn’t get it how the emoji movie gets hate (which it deserves) but the lego movie gets praise despite it being the same type of movie with the same type of intention, shamelessly advertising stuff.
Another movie I hated was Wreck-It Ralph 2, I liked the original because they were using famous game characters as easter eggs or shout-outs not as promotion of their products. But the 2nd movie is nearly identical with the emoji movie with the set up and the vast internet companies being shoehorned in our faces. Yet Ralph 2 gets praise despite being emoji movie 2.0

Delete this.

Little Miss Sunshine.

Why?

Coco.

WHY??

The Evagelion movies.

Okay, you redeemed yourself. Then again, I think all of Evangelion is trash. A needlessly mean and depressing series.

I also did not like the new planet of the apes movies.

The ones with “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” I really hated because it is nothing more but a misanthropic militant animal rights movie in disguise and depicts companies trying to cure alzheimer’s are corrupt and unethical and that we humans should not try to fix this disease. As someone who lost a relative to alzheimer’s, this makes me angry and that I looked up the script writer who came up with the movie was a vegan peta supporting animal rights fanatic.

This movie should’ve bombed and panned instead of succeeding and praised. This is not a good thing in hollywood to make misanthropic animal rights movies.

1 Like

Little Miss Sunshine was gross. I found it disgusting and it was not at all funny. I dry heaved when they got to the child beauty pageant part.

Coco. No punishment for the mother that assaulted the Mariachi. That bothered me for the whole movie.

Requiem for a dream.

It’s just shock value, beneath all that it’s the same old anti-drugs propaganda, “if you do drugs you gonna hurt your body/go insane/sell yourself/end up in jail”.

1 Like

I did not like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

I am not a fan of them because I think they have many things wrong: wooden dialogue, forced humor, and overall it is cringey to even watch 5 minutes of it.
I didn’t like how the movie doesn’t take itself seriously and puts out random nonsense humor that come out of the blue during an intense of dramatic scene and I just can’t stand that stuff. It boggles me of how popular it is despite the complete bull#*^% that would normally make this movie a critical flop.
If this movie was made 10ish years ago, it would be widely panned and seen as another Daredevil or Fantastic Four from the early 2000s.

1 Like

I liked Wonder Woman right up until the end.

I think it would have been a much more significant, and thought-provoking ending if instead of Ares being the bad guy, he was simply acting as a Balancing force between the two factions within the War. That he hadn’t caused it, and if he had specifically pointed out the horrors of war, and then showed Diana both the evil sides of Mankind and the Good sides of Mankind that such a struggle can show.

Instead of just CGI boss-fight #5.

2 Likes

The new Spider-Man movies! I hate hate the new spooder with Tom Holland, it’s like written specifically for 12 year olds. I hate what they did with Mary Jane as well, it’s not the actress but just the character, it’s so unlikeable. Not saying she needs to be the damsel in distress’s like the Toby McGuire trilogy, but she coulda been way less annoying and less of a know it all. She’s just too Mary Sue, like tom holland.

Blue avatar movie is way overrated that’s a given, movie was way to long and could’ve been more entertaining. I actually had no idea it was a hit.

Godfather made me bored to tears that I never finished it.

THE BIGGEST ONE I THINK WAS SO OVERRATED!!

Once upon a time in Hollywood

I can rant about that movie for years to come. The ending was unexpected and great I’ll give it that. That movie was so stupidly overrated I don’t think anyone should even bother watching it. Same could be said for pulp fiction.

Star Trek/Stargate, both feel like bootlegs off of other shows and movies, with crap writing and acting.

Jurassic world, I have no idea how that movie is even still going. I thought the first one sucked, and the 2nd WAS TERRIBLE!!! And now a 3rd??? ;( disappointment after disappointment. They should really bring back some life like puppets/animatronics. Dark crystal age of resistance shows that if done right they can still project emotion and fear well!

I feel like super hero movies need a good hiatus for a while.

Hobbit movies, those just sucked imo, couldn’t live up to the OG trilogy movies.

Okay one I think we can all agree on. TRANSFORMERS!!! That needed to end after the 1st one. 3rd one wasn’t that BAAAD just little too long then it needed to be.

1 Like

Harry potter, i dont hate it i just find it super mediocre

I just looked through IMDB’s top 100 and there were just three categories for me:

1. Movies I hadn’t seen (lots of them on this list - I generally don’t like older movies)
  2. Movies I had seen and enjoyed - even had a few favorites on the list
  3. Movies I had seen and was kinda ‘meh’ about.

There were none that I hated. The closest would be A Clockwork Orange, but that’s mostly because I’m a bit of a prude and that movie is just really gross.

The end ruins every thematic point that the story was building up to until that point. It would be more poignant if there was no Ares, no god of War to vanquish like the first part alluded to.

Not to mention many minor characters had their arcs thrown aside by the third act for a big fight at the end between Diana and Ares. It seriously seems like they had two scripts and cut the bottom part off of the second and put it onto the first.

2 Likes

Inglorious Bastards, that movie was boring and just all around bad. I made it about 35 minutes into it and just turned it off.

1 Like

I am not sure if everyone likes the franchise, but it must be at least somewhat popular since they made several sequels…

The entire SAW franchise.

As someone who used to watch Horror films growing up, I felt insulted watching this tripe. I mean, Freddy Kruegar, as a villain, I can enjoy because of his dark and twisted sense of humor. Jason is entertaining since he’s an unstoppable force. But Jigsaw? The worst type of (horror) villain is the kind who tries to trick people in to thinking that they have a point.

“People take their lives for granted, they need something traumatic to bring them back down to earth.” -Dude who’s dying of cancer.

I don’t really want to go too indepth over why I hate this franchise, because that would mean I would have to waste time thinking over the subject, when I just want to forget it exists.

To give credit where it’s due, at least the death traps are somewhat entertaining to watch. But the villain’s motivations just make me want to hate the creators of this abomination. It would have been way better if the villain was just some psychopatch who just wants to see how people deal with the fricked up situation they’ve woken up to find themselves in.

4 Likes