Movies you hate but everyone likes or are critically acclaimed

I am uncomfortable with your post. The person in your video who you are saying represents me is getting his throat cut and apparently dying. Is the insinuation here that I deserve this for not being a fan of this film?

2 Likes

Ahh, I see the problem now.

If you don’t get the tomfoolery of my reply, I apologize for any implied violence. That’s the greatness of MP&THG – violent, vulgar, silly and bawdy, sometimes all at the same time.

Good thing I didn’t use the Black Knight scene, where he gets all of his limbs cut off. (Come back and take what’s coming to you, I’ll bite your legs off!)

1 Like

Ok.

I don’t think he kubrick did a bad job with the shining, maybe it was something that couldn’t have been done better? But it wasn’t as good as the book by a long shot.

The outlook came off more as just a haunted house than true evil, jack is more of a protagonist instead of one of the antagonists etc…

Never been a fan of any Godfather film. Team America, The south park film. Neither appeal to me. As far as critical darlings go pretty much the only Coen brothers film I thoroughly enjoyed was The Big Lebowski. Every other film has just been alright or downright abysmal in my eyes. (Looking at you A Serious Man and Burn After Reading.)

I just think 12 Angry Men is ok. I don’t hate it, but I don’t see the reverent admiration either.

Funny Games is a bad pair of films. (The Director remade his own film pretty much shot for shot a decade after the first one.) It’s pretentious schlock. Only rivaled by Holy Motors as far as films that snobs love to shove towards me as recommendations to only find out how much I dislike each film.

They both got the rare 0/5 rating from me. They are just…that bad. Ugh, I hate those films so much. To Quote my Letterboxd Review of Holy Motors. ’ I’d say don’t waste your time but it seems most people like their time wasted if these review scores are anything to go by.’

I honestly cant really come up with a movie I hate, I suppose I have movies I really only watch once then forget about. A lot of M. Night movies fall into this category.

2 Likes

Star Wars and Star Trek both of them suck I hate both of them. R2-D2 whatever things called I like to take a baseball bat to it.

1 Like

I agree with what a previous poster said about “hate.” I cannot honestly say I hate any movie - I even find merit in stuff like “Manos: Hands of Fate” and “The Room”, if only for the spectacular train wrecks they are.

But there are movies I don’t care for, and don’t understand the appeal:

• The Matrix, all of 'em. Ted Theodore Logan + CGI doesn’t work for me.
  • Any “new” star wars stuff starting with Episode I.
  • Superhero movies. I do like the original Superman, tho.

Classics:

• Five Easy Pieces, easily the worst Nicholson movie by a country mile.
  • Citizen Kane (Technically groundbreaking, yeah. “Best Movie Ever Made”, no.)
  • Psycho ('bout the only Hitchcock movie I don’t care for.)

The Second Avengers. Age of Ultron.

The whole Hulk and Black Widow romance was forced and uncomfortable.

Ultron was very, un-ultron.

And they 100% wasted Quicksilver by killing him off.

2 Likes

The Hulk character has upset me for along time. I loved Edward Norton and Liv Tyler’s characters.

2 Likes

Yea, Norton had a good performance. Though I heard he was quite a rude person to work with on set, thus why they fired him.

Though judging from rumors Brie Larson is the same, so we could see another recast on the marvel roster.

1 Like

Well, it must be very hard for her to work with white men and Hollywood has a bunch!

2 Likes

I was watching some very awkward interviews. Everytime shes with someone from the OG cast, they look so uncomfortable and keep making passive aggressive remarks.

“Yea, stolen the torch… and taken over.” “My Kids love wonder woman, they haven’t seen your movie yet.” - Chris Hemsworth

2 Likes

The original Blair Witch Project. It wasn’t scary at all, the non stop cussing was annoying, and don’t even get me on the shaky cam. Even so, critics were talking about this film like it was the greatest thing ever made.

4 Likes

People (not critics) really liked Even Horizon. I thought it was terrible. The first half was great, but then it turned into a bloodbath in space.

Titanic - I hate disaster movies.

Interstellar
Pretty much anything by Woody Allen
Avengers Endgame

Half the Marvel movies.

Remember the Titans (loath this one).

2 Likes

Ahhh, off the top of my head:

• the new Star Wars movies
  • almost every DC movie
  • Captain Marvel
  • Alita: Battle Angel

Caveats for the first two are that I enjoyed Rogue One to some degree and The Dark Knight was pretty good. Also, the DC animated films are much better in my opinion. As far as Captain Marvel went, I disliked her in the comics as well. Alita just didn’t hit it off with me at all.

1 Like
  • The Force Awakens — I LOVE Star Wars, but the sequels need to burn in a raging fire. I loved Rogue One though. The Last Jedi was enjoyable compared to TFA, though, funnily enough.

• Captain Marvel — I LOVE the MCU, but Carol Danvers has the worst, most condescending attitude. And really? Fury’s eye to a cat (I know it was an alien species, but still)?

• Avengers: Endgame. Not giving spoilers, but it just didn’t do it for me. IW was great — awesome story, awesome action. Endgame had cool moments, but the movie overall was kind of meh.

I know there are probably others, but The Force Awakens kills me the most because Star Wars didn’t need sequels, and they completely undermine the original saga (1-6). I started to dislike the movie more and more as I kept analyzing it to point out its flaws. I didn’t even bother buying the movie.

I didn’t know people loved this movie. I thought a lot of people found it to be a weak movie. I think it’s near the bottom of my list in terms of Marvel movies. I agree that the Brutasha romance was totally cringe-worthy and completely forced.

Inception. There was nothing surprising or particularly interesting about it. People will argue that I did not understand it. No, I did. I just did not like it.

Memento…now that…that I did not understand, even when it was explained to me. I get the concept, but when I play the scenes in reverse order, there still seem to be pieces missing to me.

2 Likes