Move to Whisper Window

So, I’ve been having an issue with this feature since at least last patch, if not also the hotfix or two before then.

Whenever I start a whisper with one of my friends, I frequently put it in a separate tab soas to isolate it and not clog my normal chat window. But lately, when I do ‘Move to whisper window’ the new tab forms, but the whispers fail to relocate with it. When I try to continue, they’re still in the main chat window.

I don’t have any mods that effect the chat window, so I’m kind of confused why it’s acting up so bad.

Have you tried resetting your UI? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to have a specific function to misbehave. When it does, it can affect anything and everything.

1 Like

I’d obviously recommend backing up your addons, especially your RP ones, before performing a UI reset, but that does seem to be the best option to start with.

Hm. I’ll try that. I’d think my UI resets every time I load the client in. This isn’t something random, but persistent, every day, all day.

An actual UI reset, like the one linked above, is a bit more than that - you’re thinking of a UI reload, which can also be done with /reload.

The reset requires uninstalling addon managers and renaming files - if you don’t back up your addons first, you’ll be missing all of the information on them.

1 Like

Ohhhhh, yeah, that sounds a lot more investing.

You most likely have already checked your Settings, but just in case.

My friend had this issue the other day as well. I had him check the settings under Interface - Social. Some of his settings had been changed. The settings should be:

Chat Style: IM style
New Whispers: New Tab

5 Likes

So, I figured out my problem. It was a system/ui change that I had not forseen.

I was able to get the new windows working by going into my chat settings.

Thanks everyone

4 Likes

I changed both as suggested and it worked just as planned!!! Thank You!

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

=)

1 Like