Move Frenzied Regen off GCD, give back Magic reduction

Please put FR off GCD, it is so frustrating to press that button while nearly every other tank has defensives off GCD.

Our physical reduction was never much of a problem. Not being able to heal with FR going into initial packs since you are clawing for threat and magic damage taken is.

PLEASE address the actual issues bears have.

7 Likes

I agree if they are going too continue too reduce its cd like this, they need to remove the gcd on it.

They do desperately need this.

I know it’s the trendy thing to hate on bear rotations for some reason, “Just spam Swipe lulz…” but I actually like their offensive kit; it’s not boring, it’s simple and straight forward, and I love having swipe and moonfire have no cooldown. The problem with bears is their identity crisis of how they actually mitigate damage.

Ironfur in its usage method is identical to Ignore Pain–no gcd, dump rage for defense-- but in actual effect it’s drastically worse because it only mitigates physical damage, and doesn’t even mitigate that much damage. You have to spend so much more rage on it to get it to the point that its mitigation is as strong as IP, whereas IP just activates once and is immediately at full mitigation value. Ultimately, tons can be argued about regarding the comparison of the two, but I’m fairly certain it’s just a widely accepted fact that Ironfur is inferior. I don’t want Ironfur to become identical by any means, it just needs to be stronger, and maybe even have additional functionality, like stack up your mastery stat as well as your armor stat.

And of course, Frenzied Regen has fallen so far behind. Some people might compare it to Shield Block, but it compares more to Victory Rush. Bears simply have a gaping hole where Shield Block and Spell Reflect would be. In original conception it was just supposed to be something bears could spend their rage on before leaving bear form instead of just wasting it all, and the idea was exactly that: spend rage to heal. It hardly even does that now however… and it’s done better by After the Wildfire and warrior’s Indomitable. Bears now have so many OTHER forms of self healing that I have completely forgotten what the point of Frenzied Regen even is.

If bears were turned back into the huge health pool, meat shield tanks they used to be then them not having magic mitigation might be fine, and frenzied regen might again serve an effective purpose in its current state. Bears drastically need a buff to the effectiveness of their mastery, and simply rotating defensive cooldowns isn’t a solution in the current state of things.

2 Likes

Why is everyone acting like magic damage is Guardians only problem right now? I play every tank at 70 and guardians take more of EVERY DAMAGE TYPE! Also there should be no reason why Warriors have more HP than druids. When they literally do everything better than Guardian. Someone called out Community council to actually represent Guardian concerns a couple weeks ago. As far as I know they have been sitting on their hands.

1 Like