Mouseover stutter

Hi,

Since the patch I’ve noticed everytime I mouseover another player, there’s a little stutter in the game. It’s extremely obvious somewhere populated like Stormwind. Mousing-over all the players in the AH and the stutter is almost constant.

No add-ons.

Edit: Also happens when mousing-over a PVP enabled NPC or myself. Strangely enough non-PVP NPCs don’t cause the stutter.

Edit 2: It’s not happening on every character. Just my main character for some reason.

Edit 3: Seem to have resolved this by deleting the Interface, Cache and WTF folders.

Edit 4: The problem seems to be caused by mouse-over macros.

1 Like

EDIT: For those of us who can’t stand not using Mouseover casting the addon CLIQUE duplicates this functionality.

I am having the same issue and it is making the game unplayable in cluttered areas. It is not limited to player characters either; any in-game NPC that generates a tooltip is causing the stutter.

I can also confirm that after a fresh, stripped-down installation that mouseover macros are indeed the culprit.

This is extremely frustrating as I play exclusively healer classes and every spell on my bars is tied to a complex mouseover macro. I would love to see a blue response on this subject.

1 Like

Can you post the exact macro code you’re using that is causing issues?

I have a plethora of them across all five healing classes; they mostly look like this:

/cast [@mouseover, exists] regrowth; regrowth

To clarify. we arent even pressing the buttons for the macros. The simple act of hovering over a Player or NPC or Mob with the cursor is causing the entire game to freeze or stutter.

Thank you so much for responding!

Can confirm. I was having issues with FPS drops since 9.1 release and had no idea what was the cause. I was about to reinstall the whole game but thanks to this post I realized I had mouse-over macros on my bar. I simply put them away and now I don’t get the FPS drops. Each of my macro’s looked like this:
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Fel Eruption

Thanks for the info! We’ll work on narrowing this down internally.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s hard to play without them after 15 years of muscle memory D:

EDIT: It seems that for each additional macro you have on your bars; the latency and stuttering are compounded. One macro is barely noticeable whereas an entire suite of them makes the interface basically unuseable.

We’ve identified a performance regression with macros in 9.1 and have a fix for it in the works. We’ll get a client binary hotfix out for this as quickly as we can.

I can also confirm the slowdown is proportional to the number of macros you have on your bars. In the meantime, trying to reduce the number of macros you have on your bars can help avoid the issue. We should be able to get a fix deployed pretty quickly though.

5 Likes

This seems to be extending to mouseovers from stuff like Vuhdo as well, even if I mouseover stuff in my chat

Wonderful, thanks everyone.

I did notice that too Rommax. I had 7 mouseover macros on my bar which was causing my of 144fps to drop to around ~60-70 when mousing over large groups of characters.

When testing I noticed if I only added one macro to my bar, the FPS hit was much lower. Thanks again, looking forward to the hotfix.

Still happening after today’s restarts. Makes the game unplayable as my healer spec. From 90-110 fps down to 20-30 when mousing over allies to heal, never seen anything like this.

Any update on when we’re gonna see this hotfix deployed?

I’ve been having the same issues reported here, I didnt see this post until after i did a hard reset on wow tho
Using same type macros

It looks likely we’ll get a build with the fix out tomorrow

10 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Seems to be working for me! Thanks to the team

1 Like

seems really really better now, but i tried to put some more mouseover macros on bar, and still some little drop fps, not even close to before this hotfix.

1 Like

I still have this issue.

It’s been doing it for months. Tried all the fixes mentioned…

• Deleted WTF, Cache, Interface folders
  • Troubleshot all addons used
  • all drivers are up to date. I check them daily.
  • tried adjusting game settings
  • it happens on ALL characters. Even ones with zero mouse over macros on any bar.

I am at the end of my rope with this. Someone PLEASE help me fix this issue!