Mouseover Macros

Experimenting with mouseover macros and wondering what, if any, line stops the macro from misfiring because my mouse is hovering over an ally or someone dead or whatever. Ir’s been a problem for me in dungeons.

Here is my macro

/use [@mouseover, exists] Drain Soul
/use [@mouseover, exists] Drain Soul; Drain Soul

^ diff toon obviously

It doesn’t seem to do this in the open world until I intiate combat with a dummy and have it targeted. Then if my mouse is over the Vorkal dudes in Ardenweald it thinks I want to attack them when they’re friendly. I’d like it to just recognize I wanna hit the thing I have targeted UNLESS I have a hostile moused over.

Any other tips or support on how to make these macros work, or good addon synergies with them, would also be greatly appreciated.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists,nodead] Drain Soul; Drain Soul

Try this? I am bad with macros, but if I understand this right, harm and nodead should account for enemies only, eliminate dead targets, and target=mouseover will prioritize mouseover, but if nothing else is on mouseover will hit the target.

I’m not positive on how accurate this is, so I will correct myself if someone has the answer.

1 Like

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Drain Soul; [@target, harm, nodead] Drain Soul

This will cast drain soul at your mouseover, and if you don’t have a mouseover selected, will default to your actual selected target.

As far as tips or support, you’re in luck! We have an entire forum dedicated to them here:

And this thread specifically is very helpful. Happy macroing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both!
The second line in my macro has my Drain Soul hit my targeted mob if nothing is moused over so I just needed to get rid of it thinking I wanna doubly kill some tick corpse.

1 Like