Mouseover Conditionals

I just started playing my priest alt and came up with a pretty clever macro that would do a lot of work for me. The first part is firing however but I can’t get the harm mouseovers to fire, is something wrong with my syntax?

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,nochanneling,mod:shift] Power Word: Shield; [@mouseover,harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt] Shadow Word: Pain

Ideally, I’d like to add one more conditional but not sure how having a mouseovertarget before the mouseover would work out in terms of true and false, I know that blizzard made it so mouseover doesn’t work like a regular true and false check as @target and @targettarget work.

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,nochanneling,mod:shift] Power Word: Shield; [@mouseovertarget,harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt][@mouseover,harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt] Shadow Word: Pain

The important thing when using @mouseover is to include an existence conditional Harm, help, and exists all work, as help/harm imply exists.

I’m not seeing any technical issues with your macros, so you may want to check for keybinding conflicts. Check to see if you have ALT+key set as one of your keybinds.

On an unrelated note, you want to be very careful when using “nochanneling.” Because of how it checks, it can significantly delay spellcasts and amplify latancey issues. Generally speaking, it’s better to just learn not to clip your channels.

Thank you, not sure if it came across clear because of the character constraints in the box when I posted that code, but that whole box is 1 code.

The use for the help and harm is to check that if I’m holding shift I want it to also check that the mouse over target is someone I can help otherwise don’t fire the spell, on the other hand if I’m holding alt check if the mouseover is an enemy I can harm so I can fire the spell, also check if my mouseover’s target is an enemy in that case fire the spell to that target to harm them.

I cleared the hotkeys to ensure there is no conflict and the first part of the macro is firing fine, the part that targets an ally, but the harm part doesn’t fire when mousing over enemies.

I was just responding to your comment that @mouseover working differently for true/false evaluation, and saying that as long as you include, help, harm, or exists with @mouseover, it avoids any potential weirdness. You’ve already done that, so it’s not an issue for the two macros you posted.

Did you also check under Interface>Combat to see if you’ve got Alt set to either self or focus cast? Sometimes that can cause issues.

Someone on the Wowhead Disc helped me out, but the macro is finally working! Not sure what they changed but its working.

/use [@mouseover,help,nodead,nochanneling,mod:shift][@mouseovertarget,help,nodead,nochanneling,mod:shift]Power Word: Shield;[@mouseover,harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt][@mouseovertarget,harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt][harm,nodead,nochanneling,mod:alt]Shadow Word: Pain;[help,nodead,nochanneling,mod:shift]Power Word: Shield;[@player,mod:shift]Power Word: Shield

You guys are killing me lol.

Just combine this

With this

To get this

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [channeling]
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Shadow Word: Pain; Power Word: Shield

You don’t need all the mod shift/alt stuff. You can certainly add it back in if you want to but it’s not required for this type of macro.

Wow Elven, I actually been using your macro guides to learn how to make macros! I’m awed by you taking the time to help me out.

I actually tried to use your macro for my needs but I have this thing against using something when I don’t understand it and for the macro you wrote I didn’t understand the part that is the second help spell. Couldn’t figure out why that was there.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] HELP_SPELL; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] HARM_SPELL; HELP_SPELL

To be honest, the reason I need this macro structured differently than most is because my physical dexterity is not what it used to be, I used to be much faster when I was younger but now I found something that helps me keep up with the younger guys although it will never bring me to mythic+ levels of play, for regular LFR I can perform pretty good.

Using an addon like GSE it helps me make my full rotation while just concentrating on my mouse and positioning, and that’s why the mods are there, I prefer at neutral when not holding any buttons for the macro not to fire off.

The 2nd HELP_SPELL is for friendly targets and the default.

With the modifiers:

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [channeling]
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield; [mod:alt,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [mod:alt,harm] Shadow Word: Pain; [mod:shift] Power Word: Shield

Hey Elvenbane, I think I’m either doing something wrong or this is a bug.

/cast [talent:3/2]Mindbender;Shadowfiend

When I chance talent to not use mindbender it says error Spell not learned, but I clearly see I have shadowfiend available as a spell. Just wanted to run it by you before reporting as a bug.

EDIT: Not sure if this makes a difference, but I was testing on dummies and first used Mindbender successfully, when it went off cooldown I switched the talent so the skill would change back to shadowfiend and that’s when I experienced the skill not being available although the tooltip was showing correctly.

You don’t need to code Fiend and Bender separately, Fiend automatically becomes Bender if you select the talent. Also, Bender is 6/2